Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
The border between Sichuan, Qinghai, and Gansu is a bit off. It was different before the Communist era.

Alright should be good now.
unknown.png

Alright should be good now.
unknown.png

Amazing work, just one thing, during that time Ottoman Empire controlled Fezzan (including Ghat where they moved in 1875) in Southern Libya, with Murzuk town as its administrative center. Fezzan was Ottoman's Siberia, where they exiled the political prisoners until the 1908 revolution.

Crazy Boris

Banned
I applaud the use of the HRE colour! Where did you get your info for the Saxon borders and the eastern borders of the ERE? I was not aware that the Romans had reconquered Tripoli in Syria.

I think I got both from Emperor Tigerstar’s every year videomaps for Europe and the Middle East.

Here's a thought. In the viewpoint of the Latins, the the Frankish and German Emperors, bore essentially the same rulership of the WRE, so would it be so far fetched to use that colour on the maps? I actually refrain from using the colour during the actual time period of the WRE, as with the ERE, are contrived names for purposes of dividing up history, and were not in the minds of the Romans. Therefore the colour would be unique in showing this concept of the seperation of a Roman nation from the actual Roman nation centered in Constantinople.

Crazy Boris

Banned
1863 redo.png

And here's 1863 (January 1 again)
unknown.png

And with labels to help y'all ID those 50-something African states and all those tiny things in Germany and Yemen

I have edited some of the Pomeranian borders. I'm still on the fence about using some of the newer coastlines or the historical borders as these, I have double checked personally. Here is das Deutsches Reich bis 1923.
deutches-reich-1923-png.450842

I also cannot stress that the Saarlands borders were different pre and post WWII!

I'll go back over this on the new coasts for the Baltic to see if they are satisfactory. that does not mean that the map makers were wrong, but mistakes do happen, of which the new historical borders for the German states is a big one. Either there is a rivers map that I'm not using, or the creator was not, but some of theses borders do jot line up with the rivers that are their borders.

I have edited some of the Pomeranian borders. I'm still on the fence about using some of the newer coastlines or the historical borders as these, I have double checked personally. Here is das Deutsches Reich bis 1923.
deutches-reich-1923-png.450842

I also cannot stress that the Saarlands borders were different pre and post WWII!

I'll go back over this on the new coasts for the Baltic to see if they are satisfactory. that does not mean that the map makers were wrong, but mistakes do happen, of which the new historical borders for the German states is a big one. Either there is a rivers map that I'm not using, or the creator was not, but some of theses borders do jot line up with the rivers that are their borders.

The image is broken for me. Not sure about anyone else.