At this rate, it's going to be reverse-Cuba - a Diversitarian enclave in a sea of Societism.
Imagine the propaganda when newsreels become a thing.

"Guiana the plucky little colony that says NO to Societism! Full of a wide array of different cultures and opinions as well as enough firepower to push back any Zonal Rej who comes a knocking!

The world salutes you French Guiana, but at different times and in different ways!"

Imagine the propaganda when newsreels become a thing.

"Guiana the plucky little colony that says NO to Societism! Full of a wide array of different cultures and opinions as well as enough firepower to push back any Zonal Rej who comes a knocking!

The world salutes you French Guiana, but at different times and in different ways!"
Or better yet, cartoons. Once they hit the Space Age, I can envisage rocket fuel serving as an analogue to the magic potion in Asterix.

At one point @Thande said he was trying to reverse the historical stereotypes of Britain and France, so making them into "Perfidious Gallia" is certainly fitting.

Also, it's looking like the Combine wins another World War down the road.

Well its been hinted a couple of times that things go badly off the rails in the 1920s - one reference is the ENA suffering a series of disasters at that time and another mentions that Portugal was one of the few republics in Europe until the 1920s... So yeah, I think the ENA is going to get its ass kicked by the Combine in some way in around a generation's time.

teg

Well its been hinted a couple of times that things go badly off the rails in the 1920s - one reference is the ENA suffering a series of disasters at that time and another mentions that Portugal was one of the few republics in Europe until the 1920s... So yeah, I think the ENA is going to get its ass kicked by the Combine in some way in around a generation's time.

teg

Might explain why the South Rises Again(TM). Also, Germany is going to be a republic by the present - as yet, no reason has been given for why.

:(

Hmmm... When is the Sunrise War supposed start?

Hmmm... When is the Sunrise War supposed start?

That’s far too late in the 1960s. Some of the very early concept maps did hint of something called the War of Vengeance though....

I’d also point out that as far as I can remember, there is no contemporary reference to the Empire of North America.

I’d also point out that as far as I can remember, there is no contemporary reference to the Empire of North America.

I remember a comparison of California and the ENA in which California was described as having little to no censorship, as opposed to the ENA. Then there was something about the ENA being a multi-party democracy. Not sure HOW contemporary those were though.

Thande

Donor
Here's a final update to the postwar map, now with annotations.

fetch.php

Please feel free to continue to use this thread for future speculation, but when LTTW returns with Volume VII (after I have edited Volume IV for publication) it will be in a new thread. Thank you all again for reading this work and for your comments, they are always appreciated.

Thande

I can't wait for the new volume:) I did enjoy the literary narrative that we were presented, but part of me is still very glad that we'll be returning to the history book format.

I know I'm starting another map war but can we have a rule that if a country has an empire it has to have its own colour. Otherwise its just confusing.

Shouldn't "Italian Sofala" be in the Marseilles Protocol colour? And, by the way, why is it called "Sofala"? The area historically called like that, according to the map, would be part of Scandinavian Gazaland.
(Incidentally, I would have to suppose that actual control on these African lands by such relatively minor European powers is quite theoretical/thin on the ground in reality).