Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
2u5z2t.jpg

At the Versailles Peace Conference in 1919, French Prime Minister Georges Clemenceau wanted to cripple Germany to the point where the German Nation could never again threaten the security of Europe. Clemenceau's approach was rejected by the other allied states, and a more lenient treaty was imposed upon Germany.

28 Years later, in the city of Koblenz, the United Kingdom and Soviet Union decided the fate of a defeated Germany. While the capitalist empire and vanguard of communism were allies of convenience who did not agree about much - they were both determined to avoid the mistakes made after the First World War.

Leniency towards Germany allowed the German state to come close to subjugating the entire continent of Europe,
Leniency towards Germany allowed the German state to commit genocide on an industrial scale against the Jews of Europe,
Leniency towards Germany allowed the German state to commit unspeakable atrocities against the slavic peoples,
Leniency towards Germany allowed the German state to inaugurate the use of nerve agents in warfare,
Leniency towards Germany allowed the German state to lay waste to Paris,
Leniency towards Germany allowed the German state to blow the dikes of the Netherlands,
Leniency towards Germany left more than 60 million people dead,

This time around, there would be no leniency to Germany.

cu10mQi.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1920_Schleswig_plebiscites
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Crisis_of_1920

I do personally feel it would have been a good idea to try and put the large chunk of land in the North of the Rhineland that speaks Low Rhenish into its own state, and maybe do something with the Rhurpolen as well, but the there were never much in the way of historical plans for that. Still, the French should have supported more land for Belgium, if only because the Belgian king would, as he ever did to that point, try to force French down the throats of everyone. Sigh. And thus Walloons is almost a dead language.

Last edited:
We all know Denmark doesn't exist, just like this meme.
Do any of you have a BAM map of Caucasian ethnic groups or languages? Will credit. A world map of languages that's very high resolution would also do. Need asap. Thanks in advance.
That needs to go to the Request Map/Flag Thread. Also, you are not specific with which BAM map you want. In the case of ethnic data for the Caucasus, try looking for an MBAM or larger for that.

That needs to go to the Request Map/Flag Thread. Also, you are not specific with which BAM map you want. In the case of ethnic data for the Caucasus, try looking for an MBAM or larger for that.

I think he meant Caucasian as in Europeans, not people of the Caucasus.

Well, the Panjabi invasion of the Holkars, which has precipitated pro-British Summaplebeian risings is rather big in the region, the biggest flashpoints are Summaplebeian funding of anti-colonial, pro-independence movements, particularly in Holy Roman Central Africa. A war would definitely be anyone's to win, and one thing's for certain: it'd be long and difficult. I'd actually think no one single alliance would win a total victory.
I woulda thought it would be some damn thing in the Frances or Italys?!

That's what happens when communist powers invade from the north and south and your "allies" are people with millennium-old grudges against you.

Probably want to drop that bit about the Anglo-French army, then. Anyhoo,it's really stupidly self-destructive on the part of the *Communists.

White Europeans seems to work.
Perhaps, though then it considers their being non-White Europeans (there are, but when you are going to ethnic groups and naroinalisties you can only use so many asterisks) while ignoring the Whites in other continents who have been there for centuries. There was a thread on here recently in which some guy was putting a lot of emphasis on Charles Coon, though he mixed up and wouldn't reply ont he subject of Caucasians and Caucasoids. I think their is some overlap with Indo-Aryan/IndoEuropean linguistic groups.

I meant people of the Caucasus, sorry. I'll look in the request a map thread. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you find one or have one on hand. Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
You'll want to probably specify whether or not people include areas to the north of those mountains. They are still in the Caucasus, and will add a great deal of flavor.

On a side note, I see the latest Omniatlas map has a mistake, giving all of Slovenia to Italy in WWII.

Last edited:

Deleted member 67076

Ok I think I'm done!

This time with further dismemberment of French Colonial Africa!

Including but not limited to:
-Neo Wadai Empire
-Neo Sultanate of Air, courtesy of the Kaocen Revolt led by Ag Mohammad Wau Teguidda Kaocen
-Massive Senussi Influence
-British and Italians fighting a pointless war in Africa to secure sand
-French retreat into French Cameroon
-Ethiopia gaining a coastline

kuMDzRv.png

global_governance.png

An intermediate stage toward the establishment of a world government. Disclaimer: I am not endorsing any conspiracy theories, just presenting an extrapolation of the 75 year trend toward increased international cooperation and global governance through IGOs and NGOs. I do not necessarily condone anything portrayed in this image.

"It's all Bertie Wooster's fault!"

I returned to Berkeley Mansions at something like quarter to eight – it still felt abhorrently early, but something about the steel-helmeted blighters on every street corner counting down the minutes to curfew does have the effect of making one a bit uneasy. The building was still pretty miserable-looking, with a smacking great crater right over where 117A used to be that had just been sort of left to simmer for a few months too long. Thankfully, my chambers were still in something that resembled working order – all thanks to Jeeves. In these dark days, I had come to appreciate him more than ever, and on this in particular I was grateful to have him by my side.

I burst into my sitting room ready to sink into my armchair and forget everything for a few hours, but unfortunately found it was already occupied by a stout, broad, bespectacled blob in uniform who appeared to be in the middle of a long lecture to nobody in particular about the “degeneracies of Anglo civilisation”. For a moment it didn’t seem to notice my arrival, before its mole-like face churned in my direction.
“Ah!” it declared, in an accent so soupy one could drink it with a spoon, “Mr. Vooster!”

“Yes,” I said, taking no care to hide my distaste at the creature’s presence, “What are you doing here, Schultz?”

The conglomeration of flesh that had occupied by sitting room turned back away from me, its visage that of a nasty satisfaction, and embarked on a long tirade somewhat hindered by the aforementioned accent, “Mr. Vooster, I am bre-zen (present?) to inform you that the prillages hehr-to (privileges hitherto?) granted to you by Jahr-man Command in Bree-tan (German Command in Britain) have been revoked, pernalleny (permanently), in the face of your flagrant defiance of our or-tor-ty (authority)!”
“Sorry, can you repeat that?” I asked, feigning an innocence I had long-lost.

“You heard me vell.” Schultz grunted, “Do not...try me, Vooster.”

Yes, I had, and I supposed things would come to this eventually. The Hun had chosen to turn the blind eye to much of my life after all that happened before the invasion and after – I suppose they thought I had some hidden function not clear upon purchase. They’d let me take extra rations, they’d let me drive, they’d even let me keep going to the Drones after it became officers-only – but one escapade too far on my part had showed them the err of their ways. I had a feeling I knew which one it was, too.
“I presume this is about what happened by the Albert Memorial?”
“Ja. You were ket-chered (captured) in the company of ruh-sus-tince (resistance) elements!” Schultz was visibly starting to glow red, like a balloon filled with a year-and-a-half of pent up anger with me.For a moment I didn’t know what to say.

“Well, it happens, you know.”

“UGH!”

My callous remark had triggered a conflagration that was moderated only by Schultz’s unwieldy girth, as he rose up to his full height of five foot six and began to wade through the air towards me, huffing and puffing. I backed away, cautiously – though where I’d go I hadn’t the foggiest, since curfew was about to kick off. In a moment of morbid curiosity, I noted the gun on Schultz’s waist.

“MISTER VOOSTER,” Schultz boomed, his eyes wobbling in their sockets like miniature jellies, “IT WORST THUNK (was thought) THAT YOU COULD BE OF ASSET TO THE REICH! IT SEEMS WE WERE MIST-AH-KEN!”

“And so I’m…” I almost caught myself on the hatstand, and realised I was being backed against the closed door, with no way out, “I’m revoked, of my privileges, yes, I understand…”

“NO! VOOSTER!” With a trembling fatty hand, Schlutz reached for his waist, “YOU HAFF INTERVENED (have interfered, I think) WITH OUR AFFAIRS FOR THE LAST TIME!”

I was trying to think of some witty retort to be my last words, when suddenly there was a loud THUNK; Schultz's eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he fell to the ground. Behind him, of course was

Jeeves!” I exclaimed in delight, “I say! I - I don’t know how to thank you enough, I…”
“No need to strain yourself, sir.” Jeeves casually discarded his saucepan to one side as I shifted around the mass of Schlutz toward him, “I took the liberty of waiting until you arrived to strike Herr Schultz, so there was no chance of him coming to on your return. Now, I feel,” he composed himself, “it is time to leave.”

“I...I suppose...London, you mean?” I asked, “As in leave London, now, when curfew is about to begin? When my privileges have just been revoked? Running a hearty risk, what?”
“If you will pardon me for saying, sir, the graver risk by far is remaining here with an incapacitated Waffen-SS officer.”
“Well, certainly.”
“And since your privilages have now been revoked and a warrant put out for your arrest over the Albert Memorial Incident, to stay in your established residence would be, if you would permit me to say, sir, a poor strategy.”
“Indeed. But how do we leave, Jeeves?”
“Well, sir, I have been contacted by the Vanguards of the Red Dawn, and they have agreed to stage an attack on the far side of Berkeley Square that will provide sufficient distraction to the units on patrol here that we can escape without detection should we secure a German armoured car, of which there are 4 in the immediate vicinity. I should say that on the intersection between Charles Street and Fitzmaurice Place is the one most likely to be discarded by its occupants should a firefight break out on the intersection with Bruton Street.”

I was taken aback by the thoroughness of Jeeves’ planning, and then again by the tenacity of the Vanguards. I remembered when they were nothing but an occasional nuisance to the urban scene, but now they had really come into their own to fight for their country and save...me.

“The attack is set to begin at any moment sir, I suggest we leave at once via the fire exit.”

“I...why are they doing this?”

“Sir?”

“The Vanguards, why do they want to help me? I mean, surely they see me as the problem! It was my tomfoolery that got us into this mess in the first place! I mean if it weren’t for me and the Brinkley Set, Churchill would’ve stayed put, the invasion wouldn’t have happened and they wouldn’t have to fight for their lives just to go for the freedom to stroll down Whitehall without being mowed down by maxim-gun fire!”

Machine-gun fire, sir, the Maxim gun has not been used for many years…”
“Well?” I asked.

Jeeves’ expression softened with an emotion I had never seen before, and have only seen once since, “They...they see you as their...our only hope, sir.”
“I beg your pardon?”

“You are one of the only men in Britain with political experience that is not under German heel, nor imprisoned for that fact.”
“I mean, if you’re talking about when I was Prime Minister for all of 6 minutes…”

“It all counts, sir.”
“Jeeves, I’ve never won an election! I never stood as an MP I was just...ennobled...for a few moments and then it was gone, Jeeves! Gone! The invasion came and went, my chums either signed up, got locked up or ran away, and I was just...left here. What do they expect me to do, lead an army?”

“We will never find out, sir, if we don’t move, immediately.”

There was a low kroom from the street outside, then an assortment of yells in German, and then the clack-clack of machine-gun fire.
“Yes…” I gave the old flat a final once-over, “Well, there’s nothing else for it, is there? Let’s go, Jeeves. We’re going to the country for a bit. And then...then we're going to save it.”

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 18.39.13.png

Last edited:
I woulda thought it would be some damn thing in the Frances or Italys?!
Well there is plenty of instability there but some of the rebel groups in Italy are too radical even for the Hispanians.

Probably want to drop that bit about the Anglo-French army, then. Anyhoo,it's really stupidly self-destructive on the part of the *Communists.
Well my thinking was that there were French revolutionaries alongside the British and Spanish but that in the end they were unable to carve out their own state and ended up divided between the stronger *communist powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.