WI: Conradin wins

Would Conrad be able to claim Provence after Charles' demise? IIRC his cousins also have a nominal claim on Castille...
I think Conradin should focus first on Sicily before arranging the return of his kin in german/hre politics..

Conradin does not have authority in Provence unless he becomes HRE Emperor.

Conradin can marry one of the elder Hungarian Princesses and inherit Hungary if the succession issue still happens...and his kin taking the place of the Habsburgs and Luxembourgs in HRE...later down the road.

Rudolf von Habsburg is a vassal of the Duke of Swabia he would not become King as he would be a supporter of Conradin.
Since the pope will not approve of Conradin becoming HRE, I think Frederick I of Baden who will rule Austria will get the crown instead of Rudolf..if not we have Ottokar..

Then the kin of Conradin could do some shenanigans to get Bohemia and Hungary..

I think Charles II of Provence can get the throne of Arles which he was coveting in OTL..this did not happen because of Sicilian Vespers and the Hungarian crisis...which happened in OTL..

Last edited:
Conradin (and Frederick) need to defeat Ottomar like OTL to get Austria.
Unlike Rudolph they have Sicily to worry about so it'll take a while.

trajen777

Banned
Conradin was widely popular in Rome, not the pope, but by the masses.

I think after the victory he would need to :
1 consolidate his Sicily and Italian holdings, this was the wealth of his territory
2. Become emperor of of the Romans. Get a new supportive pope, and giving the pope control of german bishops , thereby gaining the popes support, and keeping the hre in some chaos. Also pull support from Latin remnants in Greece, allowing the ere to gain srenght
3 from here he would need to use this wealth to keep and expand his german holdings, delay the election of the hre.
4 use his army to crusade in Tunisia and Algeria, wealthy provinces.
5 as a successful crusader he would be in good stand to become the hre
6 if not the hre he could then look at campaigns in Egypt with a trade for someone else to be hre for massive military support