Too Sweet!: A WCW Survives Collaborative Timeline

May 2, 1999

"And now we turn over to Tony Schiavone with some unfortunate wrestling news. Tony?" - John Anderson, ESPN Sportscenter Anchor.

"Thank you, John, and wrestling fans, it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you all that Tom Billington, known in the US, UK, Japan and all around the world as the Dynamite Kid, was found dead in his home this morning. Billington, who had been paralyzed in his left leg two years ago, had been found in his room, believed to have shot himself in the head. No note has been found yet, but the news of Billington's death has shocked the wrestling world. Many performers in the World Wrestling Federation and World Championship Wrestling, have sent condolences to Billington's family and talked about his influence in the squared circle. Rest in peace, Dynamite." - Tony Schiavone.

Slamboree 1999

19,000 at the First Union Center in Philadelphia to see the last stand of ECW. The crowd is wild for this show, which begins with a ten-bell salute, the roster standing at the entrance with black armbands.

1. The Hardy Boyz d. Super Crazy/Psychosis. Kicking off with Omega v. lWo! Matt hits the Twist of Fate on Psychosis to set up for the Swanton by Jeff.
  2. Chavo Guerrero d. Rey Mysterio d. Billy Kidman d. Shane Helms, retaining the Cruiserweight Title. Another nice little slice of cruiserweight action as crazy Chavo continues his run, pinning Sugar Shane to retain.
  3. Perry Saturn (w/Raven) d. John Kronus. The Eliminators are broken up here, Saturn putting his partner away with the Rings of Saturn.
  4. Booker T d. Bam Bam Bigelow, retaining the WCW TV title. Bam Bam accepts Booker's challenge and he proves to be a tough guy for Book to put down, but put him down he does. Crowd goes wild at the Bookend on the Beast from the East.
  5. Dustin Rhodes/Curt Hennig (w/Jarrett) d. Vicious and Delicious. Bagwell takes the fall here against a new tag team. This is the start of a trio here, with Dustin/Hennig as the tag team while Jarrett does the singles. Second generation stars coming together.
  6. Madusa d. Nora Saxton. Working out a name for Molly Holly in WCW while we test the waters of a returning women's division to WCW, see how the crowd reacts.
  7. Jeff Jarrett d. Rick Steiner. And the third member gets a figure-four win over the Dog-Faced Gremlin.
  8. Submission Match: Chris Jericho d. Lance Storm. We come to the end of the Thrillseekers feud here. It all ends with a Liontamer.
  9. DDP d. Randy Savage. Diamond Cutter and DDP's back in the winning circle. Bang~!
  10. The Flock (Raven/Kanyon) d. Sting/Vampiro. Vampiro's brought in to partner with Sting, but he's jumped by that snake, Konnan! Vampiro gets taken out and Raven hits the Raven Effect or Evenflow, whatever it was called in WCW, pinning Sting. The Flock are dominating tonight.
  11. Rob Van Dam d. Sabu. We see the split of RVD and Sabu here, with the winner getting a shot at the US Title down the line. Five-Star Frog Splash to Sabu.
  12. The Dudleys d. Chris Benoit/Dean Malenko, unifying the WCW and ECW tag titles. The technically proficient wrestlers and the brawlers meet up, ending in a 3D to Benoit. This can lead into Malenko breaking it off with Benoit and joining up with Lance Storm.
  13. Owen Hart d. Scott Steiner d. Tazz, unifying the WCW United States and ECW Television titles. Yep, this one's going to Owen tonight, Sharpshooter to Steiner to win both titles. And now... the main event.
  14. Goldberg d. Shane Douglas, unifying the WCW and ECW world titles. It's a big blow-off to the ECW invasion, so we bring the full hardcore experience. Shane gets overpowered, so he uses weapons to curb Goldberg's advantages. We get a run-in by Mike Awesome, who has been absolutely murdering people on Nitro and Thunder, and brings the destruction here. Awesome Bomb to Goldberg through a table, and it gets a 2.9. Goldberg fights against everything and hits the Spear, then the Jackhammer to win both titles and end the menace of ECW. Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg! Goldberg!

Of course, while everything's going strong in the ring, backstage is a different matter...

Great job with the PPV's guys!

As a footnote, WCW/NWO Thunder for the PS1 was the last WCW video game to be produced in the pre-Disney era.

Future WCW games could be made under either the ESPN or ABC Sports video game banner.

Great job with the PPV's guys!

As a footnote, WCW/NWO Thunder for the PS1 was the last WCW video game to be produced in the pre-Disney era.

Future WCW games could be made under either the ESPN or ABC Sports video game banner.

They'll also be keeping THQ/AKI as their game makers, with plans for WCW Starrcade to be released this year during the Christmas season.

May 10, 1999

Chris Benoit announces on this week's Nitro that he will be taking time off from the ring to "find himself" after the death of Tom Billington. He is not expected to return until November.

May 11, 1999

Bret Hart announces that he will be taking another four months off from wrestling to spend time with his family, this includes Davey Boy Smith, who has been recovering from injuries and rehabbing several addictions.

No Mercy in Manchester

The Manchester Evening News Arena is fully packed at 21,000 for WWF's UK PPV. It begins, like Slamboree, with a ten-bell salute for the Dynamite Kid, with tonight's roster at the entrance. 10 matches on the card.

1. The Headbangers (Mosh/Puke) d. Steve Blackman/Gillberg. Throwing together two random dudes to fight the Headbangers. Stage Dive to Gillberg.
  2. Al Snow d. Tiger Ali Singh, retaining the Hardcore Title. A quick and brutal hardcore match. Snowplow finish.
  3. Paul Wight (w/Bischoff) d. Dennis Knight/Mabel. Giant's gotta eat, so we give him this handicap match to dominate in. Chokeslams everywhere.
  4. Shane McMahon d. Edge (w/Christian) It's a surprise victory here, Shane taking a beating here only to catch Edge with a roll-up. It's a feel-good moment and with this win, Shane gets a shot at Gangrel's European title down the line.
  5. Christian (w/Edge) d. X-Pac, retaining the Light Heavyweight Title. The rule is that if Edge interferes, then Christian loses the title. This becomes a more even match, but Christian manages to get the fall after an Unprettier.
  6. Chyna d. Nicole Bass d. Tori, retaining the Women's Title. Chyna keeps the Women's title in a triple threat.
  7. Gangrel (w/Sinister Minister) d. Billy Gunn, retaining the European Title. Caneshot to put Billy out for the Impaler. Gangrel keeps over both Outlaws back-to-back.
  8. The Kliq (Hall/Nash) d. The Acolytes (w/Sinister Minister), retaining the Tag Titles. It's a nice Kliq vs. Ministry match here, with Faarooq taking the Jacknife.
  9. Kane (w/Minister) d. Triple H. And the Ministry goes 2-1 over the Kliq here as we introduce Mitchell's newest disciple, Kane. Kane is coming back with a new intensity, silent and violent as he tears through Triple H. Chokeslam. Tombstone. The Minister laughs his awesome laugh as he leans against his cane over the prone Hunter.
  10. Mankind d. Steve Austin, retaining the Intercontinental Title. This gets the main event spot in place of the World Title. It's a wild ass brawl for the title. Anything goes in this match and Mankind keeps with the double-arm DDT.
Hogan taking the World title and going home has had an effect on the PPVs, as you can see, but they sold out all the same (probably in part because of Dynamite's passing, though.) without him, which means he's gotta make a sell-out when we get to King of the Ring or he could end up in a lot of trouble with Vince. But we got a while to go from there.

Last edited:
"Eh, this show seemed meh," Adam Bibilo said to his entourage after leaving the Manchester Arena with his best friend Kevin Mahon and his dad. "I'm glad Kane got a big win but the rest of the show felt like it was more of the same." "I just wanted to see the world title defended, you think Hogan would make the time for us Brits." said Kevin as the two friends walked by a small flyer. Little did they know, that flyer was a advertisement saying WRESTLING WILL MATTER AGAIN IN THE UK!!! Coming this November. At the bottom right corner of that flyer was the WCW logo.

Somewhere in Titan Tower:

"Manchester was huge letdown for us in '99. The US was a different story. In the immediate months after Disney bought WCW, we were getting our ass thoroughly kicked. I felt something had to give. I was faced with parents steering their kids away from our product, people saying WCW was more appropriate for kids than the WWF. I mean...it was just...absolutely depressing. That's when I realized I needed more than the Rock or Stone Cold to get the WWF back on track...until the day we got sued again by the panda guys."

- Vince McMahon

May 19, 1999

"After a sell-out show in Manchester, England, Titan Sports was rocked with a lawsuit by the World Wide Fund for Nature, owning to the use of the initials WWF. The World Wide Fund has seen their use of the initials for their No Mercy in Manchester event as a violation of their 1994 agreement. There has not yet been word yet on when the WWF and the WWF will have their grapple in court." - Tony Schiavone, ESPN SportsCenter.

Over the Edge 1999

17,000 in the Kemper Arena in Kansas City. 11 matches on the card.

1. Heat: Brian Christopher (w/Scott Taylor) d. Shawn Stasiak. Because why not flip the script here? Sorry, Meat.
  2. D'Lo Brown/Mark Henry (w/Godfather) d. Val Venis/Billy Gunn. Hey, why not? Let's trade a win here.
  3. Bradshaw (w/Faarooq) d. Al Snow for the Hardcore Title. The Acolytes claim a title for the Ministry. Clothesline From Hell to the Snowman. Al freaks out after the match, screaming and crying before running off.
  4. Paul Wight (w/Bischoff) Holly/Road Dogg. Paul's been going slow since his debut. He's mostly been showing off just how powerful he is with handicaps while waiting for the moment to strike.
  5. Ken Shamrock d. Test. Let's give these two a nice little match, give Shamrock a win here with a Belly-to-Belly.
  6. Gangrel (w/Minister) d. Shane McMahon, retaining the European Title. Shane is the plucky underdog taking bumps for Gangrel, who wants to induct young Shane into the Ministry so that they can claim the power that his family name brings. The Minister looms over the fallen Shane, demanding he accept the love of the Ministry.
  7. Chyna d. Debra, retaining the Women's title. Debra makes a run for it, taking a count-out loss because she does not want to fight Chyna.
  8. The Kliq (Hall/X-Pac) d. The Brood (Edge/Christian) (w/Minister), retaining the Tag Team Titles. Freebird Rules! Nash is going for the IC Title tonight, so Hall and Pac will be defending the tag straps against the Brood. This match was given to them compensate for Bischoff retiring the Light Heavyweight title due to the division being rather anemic. Razor's Edge to Edge (ha)
  9. Kane (w/Minister) d. The Rock. Kane continues his onslaught here, no-selling any of the Rock's attempts to make fun of him or do any sort of "electrifying." Chokeslam. Tombstone. Kane dominates again. Minister looms over the Rock.
  10. Kevin Nash d. Mankind for the Intercontinental Title. Nash wins thanks to an attack by Al Snow, costing Mick the IC title. He keeps screaming the number of days since Head was "killed" in Mick's bad ear.
  11. Triple H d. Steve Austin. We give Hunter another win to help push him up when he finally gets the shot against Hogan. Kliq helping to keep Austin from winning, as expected. Pedigree pinfall. Hunter signals for the title, but Hogan still doesn't show. He needs a big payday.

Alright time for the second supercard of the year.

WCW Great American Bash 1999

Taking place at the Baltimore Arena, with a massive gate of 12,000. WCW put their best foot forward with the end of the ECW invasion. This baby's got 14 matches to go through.

1. lWo d. The Omega Boys in an Elimination match with Rey eliminating Matt Hardy by pinfall. The winner gets title shots for each member of his team at Bash At The Beach. Rey gets a shot at the US, Juvie for the Crusiers, and Super Crazy/Psychosis gets the Tag straps.
  2. Vampiro d. Konnan with the Freakshow. I'll give it to Vampiro since he's the hot new player here. As for Konnan, he will serve better as a mouthpiece for the lWo, but I won't say he'll make the full transition to manager yet.
  3. Chavo Guerrero Jr. d Sabu, retaining the Cruiserweight Title in an ECW Rules match. While ECW may be dead, it's spirit is kept alive as crazy, chair-swinging Chavo goes up against the daredevil Sabu. It's more restrained in headshots because of the Dynamite Kid suicide, but we still get some hardcore weapon fun. Chair-aided Frog Splash to keep. But Juvie comes out after the match and just shrugs his head at Chavo's insanity.
  4. Devon Storm (w/Daffney) d. Billy Kidman. Originally, this was supposed to be Christopher Daniels, but "Dangerous" Devon Storm has a great crazy look and would fit well in the Flock. He's here to beat down on Kidman, aided by the equally unhinged Daffney on the side. He hits the Mindbender and just keeps beating on Kidman. Raven does not forgive, and he damn sure does not forget.
  5. Perry Saturn (w/Kanyon) d. Rick Steiner. Just to give Rick a spot on the card. He's here to feed Saturn, taking the Rings of Saturn.
  6. The Chosen Sons (Curt Hennig/Dustin Rhodes) d. The Boogie Knights (Disco Inferno/Ernest Miller) The Boogie Knights are a good pick. They're a goofball dancing team, which would rile Dustin up since he's been trying to get away from the sports entertainment label he's been saddled with. Disco takes the fall.
  7. Madusa d. Lita. The Women's showcase continues as Madusa takes on another one of the former valets on the roster. Madusa pulls Lita up after the match.
  8. Booker T d. Dean Malenko, retaining the Television title. Dean takes a loss, but he does prove himself to be a credible opponent against Booker T, almost taking it a few times before Booker starts fighting seriously.
  9. DDP d. Jeff Jarrett by DQ. Jarrett has DDP in position for the stroke, but Page reverses it into a Diamond Cutter, but the ref is down after this cutter, leading to Hennig and Dustin running in and page down while Jarrett gives him a guitar shot. Unfortunately, the ref came too just as he swung.
  10. Tazz d. Chris Candido. WIth Douglas losing the unification match, he still tries to throw his weight around the former ECW contingent. Tazz doesn't care cuz they had unfinished business over the ECW championship. So tonight, Tazz starts his leveling of the Triple Threat with Chris Candido, then go to Bam Bam, then Mike Awesome and finally make it to Shane. Tazz locks him in a Tazzmission and then gets jumped by Bam Bam to set up the next match.
  11. The Dudleys d. Scott Steiner/Buff Bagwell, retaining the Tag titles. Steiner and Bagwell have been in some pretty bad crosshairs. They were some of the guys who were brought under firing during the Between the Lines special and with the new backlash against steroids in wrestling, these two are not gonna get any leeway. They're losing to the Dudleys. 3D to Bagwell.
  12. Owen Hart d.Chris Jericho vs. RVD for the US title. Jericho's here in this match as a reward for putting away Lance Storm, but he wanted in to prove that he can hang with big boys despite what Nash, Goldberg, and even Booker T said. Owen wins with a running knee to Jericho while he's got Rob in the Liontamer.
  13. Goldberg d. Raven for the World title in a Raven's Rules match. It's hardcore at the top, Goldberg no-selling Raven's attacks at first, but Raven keeps getting creative. Saturn and Kanyon come out to try and interfere, but Sting comes to make the save, fighting them off while Goldberg hits the Jackhammer on Raven to retain. The Streak continues. No one can stop Goldberg.

June 13, 1999

Scott Steiner walked out of the locker room with a scowl on his face, another month of jobbing. Five months prior, he was vieing for the world title, now he's jobbing out to some hicks who put people through tables. “THIS IS BULLSHIT!” He thought as he headed towards the door. “Hey Scott, where are you going?” said one of his “bosses” Terry Taylor. “To my car bitch, what it look like?” said Scott as he reached for the door. “You can't leave yet, after the main event Ric needs to talk to all fo the talent.” said Terry. “DON'T MEAN SHIT TO ME, I'M TIRED, I'M HUNGRY, AND NOBODY'S GONNA STOP ME FROM GETTING WHAT I WANT. THIS COMPANY CAN TAKE A FLYING LEAP FOR ALL I CARE!” Thundered Scott as wrenched the door open and walked out. But just on the outside, he bumps into an older man in a business suit.

WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?! GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!” said Scott as he pushes the man to the side and storms off. Terry quickly moves over to the man and helps him up. “I am terribly sorry about that, Mr. Eisner. That is our biggest problem person here on the roster and he feels like he can do what he wants because he's so huge.” “I see” said Eisner “ Well he's not gonna be a problem anymore after this meeting.”

The next day. 3:00 pm.

All the talent was seated around the ring, as Ric Flair, Jim Cornette, and Paul Heyman stood at a podium on the stage.

“WOOO, another successful event and another sold out venue in the same place that the Icon became the man. But I know a lot of you don't wanna be here to chat up about the past. Instead, this meeting has been called to reward you with something good. I cede the floor to my boss, Mr. Michael Eisner!”

“Thank you Ric, and thank all of you for putting on another great show tonight. But I bet your wondering why I have you all staying afterwards for this meeting?” “I know that you go through so much to put on the greatest show of all time, but its time to give back to you for hard work. As you remember, everyone took a 15% paycut. I did this to bankroll the first set of your benefits package: Paid vacation time and a medical plan for all talent. How it works will be as follows: All wrestlers will be allowed 3 months off where they will be paid about 80% of their monthly salary during their time off. As for the medical plan, it will cover up 80% of your surgery bills and all of your prescription needs. This is for every wrestler here, regardless of card placement or if your on the road or not. This may be shocking, but know that some of the ways in the old days need to change, and today we make the next big step. Thank you all, I'll be watching you all on Nitro.”

Last edited:
Chris Benoit announces on this week's Nitro that he will be taking time off from the ring to "find himself" after the death of Tom Billington. He is not expected to return until November.

Chyna d. Debra, retaining the Women's title. Debra makes a run for it, taking a count-out loss because she does not want to fight Chyna.

I hope these two will be able to have a better life in this ATL; Chyna in particular is a very sad case: in her prime, she was put in a tag team with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, of all people, due to how popular she was - but the affair between Stephanie McMahon and Triple H was the beginning of the end. Sure, she was a typical example of an abused child becoming a troubled teen and a dysfunctional adult, but that's why the last years of her career (Chyna being relegated to the women's division went against the whole point of the Chyna gimmick, and that's only the tip of the iceberg) hit her so hard. And that's why she burned bridges with everyone in the WWE but Mick Foley: if there was a guy in the WWE that was actually compassionate and kind, it was Foley - ironically enough, considering how batshit insane he got as soon as he put on his Mankind mask.

I hope these two will be able to have a better life in this ATL; Chyna in particular is a very sad case: in her prime, she was put in a tag team with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock, of all people, due to how popular she was - but the affair between Stephanie McMahon and Triple H was the beginning of the end. Sure, she was a typical example of an abused child becoming a troubled teen and a dysfunctional adult, but that's why the last years of her career (Chyna being relegated to the women's division went against the whole point of the Chyna gimmick, and that's only the tip of the iceberg) hit her so hard. And that's why she burned bridges with everyone in the WWE but Mick Foley: if there was a guy in the WWE that was actually compassionate and kind, it was Foley - ironically enough, considering how batshit insane he got as soon as he put on his Mankind mask.

It's good you brought both of them up, the health plan benefits was made hopefully to save not only their lives, but hopefully Eddie, Bulldog, and anyone else who's died being a pro wrestler. The industry always talks about how its a brotherhood, a family. Well family need to learn how to take care of itself a whole lot better than what they were doing now.

It's good you brought both of them up, the health plan benefits was made hopefully to save not only their lives, but hopefully Eddie, Bulldog, and anyone else who's died being a pro wrestler. The industry always talks about how its a brotherhood, a family. Well family need to learn how to take care of itself a whole lot better than what they were doing now.

I think it might be Vince McMahon's fault - namely, his obsession with bodybuilder-like physiques. As I've said elsewhere, the professional wrestlers of the era of the territories often wrestled well into their 40s or even their 50s, and for the most part they died in old age, but this is not the case anymore. The fact that they're touring more or less all year long doesn't help, if the WWE bought a "home stadium" in or around Stamford and moved elsewhere only for their monthly PPVs their athletes' health would improve, in my opinion. That's what the WCW was thinking about doing in OTL, actually.

A home stadium wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd help cut down travel costs and Disney probably has a good arena in their inventory we can use.

Benoit's sabbatical is to help him physically and mentally. Give him time combat his personal demons before they overcome him like Billington's did.

As for Chyna, it all depends on the booking of Triple H. If he gets booked to crash Steph and Test's wedding, things may go as they did in OTL, but I'll say wait and see for now.

A home stadium wouldn't be a bad idea. It'd help cut down travel costs and Disney probably has a good arena in their inventory we can use.

Benoit's sabbatical is to help him physically and mentally. Give him time combat his personal demons before they overcome him like Billington's did.

As for Chyna, it all depends on the booking of Triple H. If he gets booked to crash Steph and Test's wedding, things may go as they did in OTL, but I'll say wait and see for now.

The thought of a professional wrestling company in the late 1990s, at the height of the anti-hero/nWo era, being bought out by Disney, is... not something you see every day. :p But at least they didn't buy out ECW, or they would've tried to turn New Jack into a John Cena-esque babyface. :p

By the way @Megafighter3 the WCW was thinking about either Las Vegas or Orlando as their home stadium's location, if TV Tropes is to be believed: Orlando is basically Disney's very own playground, so it could be done - even though the D-Generation X guys will mock the hell out of them if WCW moved to Florida, and not just because of the Disney connection: back in 1999, Orlando was also known as the Backstreet Boys' home turf, and WCW already had their own boy band in the form of 3 Count: I wouldn't put it past Shawn Michaels to do an obscene and politically less than correct rendition of one of their songs, aimed at WCW, just for the lulz.

Last edited:
King of the Ring 1999

20,000 from the Greensboro Coliseum for Hulk Hogan's second match since his return. It's a big crowd.

1. Heat: The Headbangers (Mosh/Puke) (w/Albert) d. Dennis Knight/Mabel. Whenever I need a team to job, it's the oddball mix of Knight/Mabel. The Headbangers will be meeting up against the Brood later in the main show for a #1 contendership.
  2. Heat: Bradshaw (w/Faarooq) d. Big Boss Man, retaining the Hardcore Title. Just to have a bit of hardcore.
  3. Heat: Kurt Angle d. Shawn Stasiak. Honestly, watching the Survivor Series match, it's pretty fucking good. Like, Kurt's had better, but this is match is crisp, paced nice and the two worked really well. The real problem is quite frankly, this shitty crowd. They are just booing this match hard and I was getting pissed watching because this crowd would not stop booing the good wrestling. Maybe the Greensboro crowd will appreciate Kurt a bit more than Detroit, but I'm not forgetting how they booed a good match for being wrestling. This is going into the gimmick somewhere.
  4. X-Pac d. Hardcore Holly by DQ (KOTR Quarterfinal) Same as OTL.
  5. Paul Wight (w/Bischoff) d. Kane (w/Minister) (KOTR Quarterfinal) Paul Wight takes the win here. It's big-on-big, but Wight overpowers Kane tonight.
  6. Ken Shamrock d. Billy Gunn (KOTR Quarterfinal) Because in no sane universe is the World's Most Dangerous Man losing to Mr. Ass.
  7. Road Dogg d. Val Venis (KOTR Quarterfinal) And Billy's old partner fights his new partner, getting the win here.
  8. The Headbangers (Mosh/Puke/Albert) d. The Brood (Edge/Christian/Gangrel) and in a big trios match, Albert hits the Baldo Bomb on Gangrel, the Headbangers get a shot at the tag titles down the line.
  9. Paul Wight d. Ken Shamrock (KOTR Semifinal) Ken Shamrock may not have power, but he has kicks to ground the Giant, bringing him to one knee. But as he's about the bring the killing blow, Dan Severn jumps from behind to choke him out, leaving him laying. Wight hits a Chokeslam to stay strong.
  10. X-Pac d. Road Dogg (KOTR Semifinal) A clean win over the remaining Outlaw to head for the finals.
  11. Mankind d. Al Snow in a Buried Alive Match. Mankind puts away Al in the biggest match in Al's WWF career. Let the two just brawl all the way to the mound, Mankind putting Snow in the Mandible Claw until he passes out, allowing Mick to toss him and then bury him.
  12. Steve Austin d. The Rock in a #1 Contender's Ladder Match. It's a wild match, both men fighting as hard as they can to get a shot at Hogan. Austin eventually climbs up and grabs the briefcase with the contract for the title match.
  13. Paul Wight (w/Bischoff) d. X-Pac (KOTR Final) semi-main event here as Paul Wight chokeslams X-Pac into oblivion, coming in with a pretty strong win record (only the single loss at 'Mania) and is now the King of the Ring. X-Pac is the underdog here, bringing as much aerial and playing on Wight's damaged leg from Shamrock, but Wight is too powerful to be beaten by him.
  14. Hulk Hogan d. Triple H, retaining the World title. Hogan hits the legdrop to put away the leader of the Kliq. Austin comes out to do nose-to-nose while Paul Wight and Eric Bischoff watch from the aisle. He'll get his shot down the line, but for now it's Hogan/Austin II at SummerSlam.

And that's King of the Ring!

Well I can now add this post. Here's the buyrates for each PPV for the last 6 months:

WWF & WCW Buyrates December 1998-June 1999

December:

Captial Carnage: N/A due to the Sky Sports deal giving the ppv for free.

Rock Bottom: 287,090 buys, same as otl.

Starrcade 1998: 510,000 buys, thanks to the extra boost from the ECW crowd.

January:

Souled Out 1999: 440,000 buys, slight downturn due to price.

Royal Rumble 1999: 680,000 buys, For both the Outsiders coming in and for the idea of Austin/Vince in the Rumble.

February:

St. Valentine's Day Massacre: 710,000 buys, Vince/Eric, Trips/Austin with the Hogan run in possibly being all but seen a mile away kicks it into the stratospehre.

SuperBrawl IX: 410,000 buys, As good as it was, Goldberg/Luger and Douglas/Piper didn't really sell as many as they would have like.

March:

Uncensored 1999: 475,000 buys, with this being the final culmination of the NWO and a very great undercard stops the post Starrcade downturn in its tracks.

Wrestlemania 15: 1,300,000 buys, Hogan/Austin just alone kicks this into the 800,000 mark, but when word of the swerve gets out, replays puts this over into the 1 million mark.

April:

Spring Stampede 1999: 511,000 buys. Goldberg and Shane's staredown sells this angle alongside the Tazz/Jarrett and Team Horsemen/ RVD & Sabu brings out the ECW guys again for a shot in the arm.

Backlash 1999: 585,000 buys, No Hogan defending kicks this off a cliff.

May:

Slamboree 1999: 601,000 buys. Final culmination of the ECW invasion angle alongside a damn near supercard effort put forward kicks this into the sun.

No Mercy in Manchester: N/A same as Capital Carnage.

Over the Edge 1999: 520,000 buys. Same thing as the last show nothing really helped build Trips/Hogan II up to make the show worth for half.

June:

Great American Bash XIII: 620,000 buys. The US 3 way and Goldberg/Raven keeps the momentum going.

King of the Ring XIII: 730,000 buys. Not as big of a bump as it was during Mania, but still an upturn bump nonetheless.