Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This took may way longer to make than it should have. Try and guess which Northern Irish election this is an analogy of.
FNTA4RI.png

Country roads, take me home
To the place, I belong
West Virginia Norn Iron, mountain mama
Take me home, country roads...

As a Norn Ironer myself, I like this. Though I will say that Robinson is not Blankenship bad (I say as someone who made a point of never voting for him).

-So what does the rise of the Democrats mean for the EU elections?
-Well, you've got to understand the nature of Canadian politics. People have a different mindset when looking at the provincial and national levels.
-Right.
-The EU election is somewhere in between: the election is held nationally on the same day, but each province is a constituency in the EU parliament. So all the provincial-level parties do the legwork, but form a common group based on their national affiliation once elected.
-And the Democrats are, in general, weaker on the provincial level.
-Exactly. The same issues that are driving right-wing Liberal and Unionist voters to the Democrats nationally aren't there provincially. But they're expected to do well in their strongholds like Alaska, where they've fanned ethnic tensions, and Saskatchewan, which is in the midst of an economic downturn.
excerpt from Eŭrobarometro's coverage of the 2015 European elections

"Reacting to the breakout success of parties like her own country's Canada Democrats, PM Sclavunos acknowledged the need to make the EU government more responsive and transparent. 'We can't solve 21st century problems with 20th century solutions. The European government needs to be effective when needed, otherwise we run the risk of flushing the last half-century of inter-European and inter-Atlantic collaboration down the drain.'"
excerpt from the Neueste Nachrichten's 2015 EU election liveticker

9ohZuAa.png

Bonus: the ten largest cities in the European Union (as of 15 January 2018, defined by population living within city limits).
T76ql4b.png

Pastramo kaj onigirio / Kelmis Amikejo Mormon Temple
Nintendo / Rhenish state election, 2017
Sigma Robotnik
Naskiĝo de nova tago

Last edited:
upload_2018-10-14_22-34-13.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 9.34.52 PM.png

Part of my Ontario partition spiel. A rump province consisting of Eastern and Central Ontario plus Ottawa.

Here is the election in short:

PCs led by Todd Smith--44 seats
Liberals led by David Henderson--11 seats
NDP led by Joel Harden--6 seats
Trillium Party led by Jay Tysick--4 seats

Plus the Smith Ministry as I see it.

upload_2018-10-14_22-34-13.png

I'm loving this series! I'd thought of doing something along these lines, but clearly I sat on it too long, haha. I assume this province ends at the border with Simcoe in the west, Durham to the Southwest, and Muskoka and Nipissing districts in the north?

I'm really happy you like them. The borders are almost bang on! I divided Simcoe County but otherwise you got it right. I've always thought alternate history needs more Canada.

Bulldoggus

Banned
Nowadays, these ethno-political coalitions are so calcified that political change only happens at the margins, or by grand agreements between community leaders. The recent midterm election is a case in point. In terms of seats, very little changed, but the collapse in confidence in the previously-ascendant Freedom and Justice coalition allowed the Progressives to cobble together enough seats to take the leadership.
@Yes You see this, this is the ideal American society. You may not like it, but this is what P E A K P I L L A R I Z A T I O N looks like.

uebKsV5.png

I was reading a bit from John Bel Edwards' wikipedia page and to me he kind of seems like a Manchin 2.0 and with the way his career is going, maybe he will be...

I always wondered about this, why would Manchin not join the republicans? he seems to be to the right of some moderates there.

So I was doing some absent-minded wikipedia reading and found out before he met Nancy, Reagan was considerably more to the left, even supporting Harry Truman. So naturally, that got me thinking --

OJkV6OF.png

So I was doing some absent-minded wikipedia reading and found out before he met Nancy, Reagan was considerably more to the left, even supporting Harry Truman. So naturally, that got me thinking --

OJkV6OF.png
Is this supposed to be hinting at a larger timeline? I think that there's a lot of potential for a left-wing Reagan timeline, the alternate 1980s and post-Reagan years could be interesting (maybe Reaganomics refers to a more egalitarian economic system?).

Is this supposed to be hinting at a larger timeline? I think that there's a lot of potential for a left-wing Reagan timeline, the alternate 1980s and post-Reagan years could be interesting (maybe Reaganomics refers to a more egalitarian economic system?).
There was a timeline where he became a representative and after that a senator in the 1950s, but it sadly never got finished

Status
Not open for further replies.