WIP Map Thread

2300 AD with a bit of Doomsday: 1983 thrown into the back story, because atomic wars are messy.

World2300AD.png

MOAR PROGRESS:
Anyone like to comment?
In lieu of anything actually constructive yet, I can say I think this looks really cool. Eastern Seaboard French will be interesting to watch, and who’s gonna get the southern cone and the pampas?

WIP of an alternate Mexican-American War that contains a ceasefire part way through. Any Feedback now before I start coloring would be amazing

Last edited:
upload_2018-9-18_18-8-45.png

i might actually finish a worlda for once

the concept is basically "an EU of EUs and also holy fuck what the fuck is going on with religion and the fur trade", i was inspired by the recent MotF on supranational unions

zkjQirj.png

Welcome to United Kingdoms of Brytain!

(I made this map for my nation in Nationstates. The POD is unknown. The current year is 2018. The capital of United Kingdoms of Brytain is Lunden.)

Probably the last WIP—I’m working on the writeup now.

View attachment 408523

An extract from the Records of the Grand Historian, Book XII: Fall of the Great Han.

In the 27th Year of the Emperor Ai, a messanger arrived in the Imperial Court. Dressed in the rags of the common folk, the man reported great calamity in the Southern Provinces—a bright flash of light had brought about a great storm, destroying cities and towns across the backwater Province of Jiao. In the wake of the storm, strange men emerged dressed in suits of black and eyepieces of glass. The men spoke in barbaric tongues, yet wrote in the civilized script of the Han. The Emperor Ai was sickly and worn, but he sat up, demanding the Southern Barbarians sent tribute to their sovereign, the Son of Heaven, as was rightful.

A month passed, and a representative of the Southern Barbarians arrived in the imperial court. Shockingly enough, the emissary was a woman, dressed in expensive cloths and exotic clothing. She appeared sickly and worn from the journey of a thousand miles, but appeared relieved when the Emperor Ai gifted unto her a cup of wine. In broken tongues, the representative introduced herself as “Cheng Yuet Ngo”, the exiled Queen of Hong Kong. The Hong Kong were reported to be a lost son of the Chinese, founded by enterpenuring colonists in the long-forgotten times of the Qin Empire. While the Queen and her followers sought a return to the warm embrace of the Great Han; a scheming traitor by the name of “Tsang Chun hwa” thwarted this righteous effort, instead leading a great host in war against the Great Han.

"Beware," warned the Queen, "for the usurper's host is powerful beyond imagination. His arrows burrow through the thickest armour, he commands the power of science to create dragons of steel. His only weakness is in the realm of melee, as each Hong Kong warrior devotes his all to combat at range."

The Emperor Ai contemplated the matter, and with support from his ministers promised to aid the Queen Cheng in her war of restoration. The armies of the Great Han were assembled and began to march Southwards and expel the barbarian invaders. The Han army was aided by thousands of barbarian auxiliaries from each and every tribe in all under heaven, for the Emperor decreed that Hong Kong was to be made an example.

If Cheng Yuet Ngo really has that much of talent she'd be the best CE of Hong Kong.

Also *messenger *entrepreneurial *and leading a great host in the war *combat at a range *Queen

Isaac Beach

Banned
A redo of an old project that was originally supposed to be an ambitious take on the MOTM contest that also saw @Upvoteanthology leave the site. It ultimately never saw the light of day because of my poor coordination and the fact I and my fellow mapmakers couldn't work fast enough to release the work by the due date (and at least one member is banned now, which certainly doesn't help).
I had the sudden urge to sketch up a slightly different take on the concept, which took just an hour, so rather than a wanked Republic of Vermont we have the 'Republic of Champlain', encompassing all of Vermont, Upstate-New York, half of Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and a chunk of Quebec. The republic and the hydroplex of 'Hero City' (etymologically based on the real towns of South and North Hero on OTL Grand Isle County) and surrounds would've been the pulpy backdrop to a nation that is alt-history in the same way Wakanda is alt-history; in that the alt-history itself is not important. I had the idea for a series of fun novels in the vein of classic paperbacks or pulp magazines which would explore various heroes based off of dreams I had to that affect: a man whose nemesis in Fort Oswego steals the mech he uses to fight said nemesis on a regular basis, forcing him to flee to Hero City and hide undercover until the nemesis tracks him down; an anti-hero thief with the illusory ability to 'go unnoticed' getting caught up in the criminal misdealings of 'Le Milieu'; and a detective trying to figure out why a diplomat from the 'Federation' (this world's USA) was assassinated in the snowy capital of Burlington and uncovering a deeper plot about the Champlain government's secret nuclear tests in the depths of the Adirondacks.

Maybe one day.

Edit: as an aside, if anyone knows how to make a city map hit me up. I’d like to make one for Hero City.

Republic of Champlain.png

Last edited: