Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems plausible. The map does look very good, seeing as how you combined Carter's performance in the Goldwater states (as well as North Carolina, Florida, and Arkansas) with Johnson's performance elsewhere.
I actually combined their performances everywhere, as there were actually some non-Southern counties where Carter did better than LBJ did. notably, he flips Emmons County, North Dakota, and Navajo County, Arizona, which went for Goldwater in 1964. he also flips 2 counties in Johnson's home state of Texas (Panola and Sherman), among others in the South.

I combined LBJ '64 with Carter '76 for a 49-state Democratic landslide (although Arizona could go either way, I'm not sure)

9WbQ3Fb.jpg

What states vote republican?

I actually combined their performances everywhere, as there were actually some non-Southern counties where Carter did better than LBJ did. notably, he flips Emmons County, North Dakota, and Navajo County, Arizona, which went for Goldwater in 1964. he also flips 2 counties in Johnson's home state of Texas (Panola and Sherman), among others in the South.
I see. But most of the states outside of the South are still more reflective of the Johnson landslide then Carter's narrow victory.

HillGoose

Banned
bro can someone tell me what u think Cheney/Frist vs. Clinton/Edwards (with scandal) 2008 would have looked like in EV. Everything else is as OTL

JBE would probably do much better in the south than any other Democrat. And Georgia is almost-a-swing-state.

But it is one of the states I wasn't sure about.
I'd say that as of right now, Georgia wouldn't vote Democratic before North Carolina. In this scenario, Florida's differing demographics from the rest of the South could make it go R while GA/NC go D, but if I had to pick one of the latter two to flip first, it would be North Carolina.

I'd say that as of right now, Georgia wouldn't vote Democratic before North Carolina. In this scenario, Florida's differing demographics from the rest of the South could make it go R while GA/NC go D, but if I had to pick one of the latter two to flip first, it would be North Carolina.
Georgia is trending Democratic more than North Carolina is, so it's possible that it could go D while North Carolina goes R, in the near future. however, I think JBE wins both.

What if Stacey Abrams was his running mate?
That would be a very "Southern" ticket that could unite Southern blacks and whites. Such ticket would probably flip Mississippi and North Carolina too. Maybe even Missouri. Although, they would probably do worse in some northern states (Rust belt, Maine etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.