War of the Russian Succession: Ruthenia Late 1915, the Battle of the Bloody Dnieper
wotrs__ruthenia_campaign__3_by_spiritswriter123-dcgkm7x.png

For months, the Ruthenian Front on the Dnieper was silent. Any attempt to start another season of Campaigning by crossing the Dnieper would be suicidal. Instead, for these quiet months, the French and Russians dug tunnels beneath the river near Kiev to get around this problem. Then in September, diggers from enemy sides came across each other accidentally. They reported back to their superiors, who in turn threw troops down the tunnels, thus beginning the battle of Kiev, or the battle of the Blood Dnieper.

After a few minutes of fighting in the tunnels, the waters of the Dnieper rumbled, the earth shook, buildings fell, and great waves hit Kiev. The tunnels had collapsed, killing thousands of soldiers instantly. The bloodiest second in human history. As the tunnels collapsed, the defensives on both sides were damaged, and in the resulting confusion both sides crossed the Dnieper in a series of attacks and counter-attacks, hoping to break the stalemate. After several days, commanders from both sides agreed to a truce to regain their bearings, finally ending the battle.

Locals had already by this point started referring to the Dnieper as the “Red-Tinted Dnieper,” but this event in particular is referred much more bluntly as the Bloody Dnieper, thus the name of “The Battle of the Bloody Dnieper”. Some reported that the river water downstream was noticeably thicker. Upwards of a 100,000 died on both sides on the deadliest days so far in the war. The Geography of the Dnieper was changed as the river bed sank by 2 meters, changing the normally calm Kievan section of the river into rapids.

After the battle, officers on both the French and Russian sides came to the conclusion that any attempt to break the deadlock on the Dnieper would require a campaign of incalculable proportions. While the Russians started to breath a sigh of relief, the French set their eyes once more on Constantinople, the City of the World’s Desire.

af001302.jpg

"Dnieper, September 1915" Oil painting about the tunnel collapse at Kiev. Painted by Gorgy Malkov

Real painting: Reconstructing St. Anthony Falls, 1869 (1). Oil painting, 1869. Painter: Peter Gui Clausen.

Last edited:
War of the Russian Succession: Middle East Late 1915
wotrs__middle_east___4_by_spiritswriter123-dcgmg35.png

France starts Summer off by taking Konya, capital of the Turkish state, the other big republic in the Old World. Many Turks start to flee northward in hopes of safety from French onslaught in their land, with the goal in mind of heading to Russian Azerbaijan. But, there in Konya, the French stay still for many months, allowing for Turkish forces to reorganize, guaranteeing that the refugees would remain safe for at least a few more months still. Then, in September, after the Battle of Bloody Dnieper had come to an end, the French rapidly marched west to Constantinople, opening up a route for Turks to regain Konya and much of their previously held southern territories. The Turks then wheeled west in pursuit of the French, but the French were able to hold their ground at Nazly, confirming their positions at the western end of Anatolia.

In the south, King Saud III of the Saudi State declares war upon Hedjaz, with he and King Fahd of Syria leading the charge against them, rushing from the barren deserts of Central Arabia. In the resulting confusion, Hedjazi forces fighting the French in Palestine collapses. French forces quickly follow south in pursuit, only for King Fahd to surprise the French at Halat Ammar, securing a decisive and important victory.

In the east, King Sulayman of Iraq flees to Mosul as Persian forces take the last of the densely populated portions of his country. His army was quick to follow, and by December, the Persians had begun entering Kurdistan from Iraq. In the east, the Zagros mountains between Kurdistan and Persia allowed for enough defensive capabilities to make an invasion from there unnecessarily harsh and brutal.

Hnau

Banned
Interesting moves in the Middle East. Each side seemed to gain something. For the French western Anatolia, for the British Iraq, for the Russians the Hedjaz. The balance of power is unchanged, but my guess is that the conflict in this region will inspire nationalist fervor. The European empires will be seen as inviting needless war, so more Middle Easterners will decide to go their own way and increasingly take their own paths.

The Battle of the Bloody Dnieper was seriously a fever pitch moment for the timeline so far! Very epic, reminds me of the terrible moments experienced at the Battle of Passchendaele in OTL's Great War, but even more catastrophic and dramatic. I mean, there wasn't anything like a battle for the underground in our timeline, and with it coming to an end like that... crazy. I bet that when people in this world's future look back on the War of the Russian Succession, this is the moment when shit got really serious.

As always, these maps are great!

The Battle of the Bloody Dnieper was seriously a fever pitch moment for the timeline so far! Very epic, reminds me of the terrible moments experienced at the Battle of Passchendaele in OTL's Great War, but even more catastrophic and dramatic. I mean, there wasn't anything like a battle for the underground in our timeline, and with it coming to an end like that... crazy. I bet that when people in this world's future look back on the War of the Russian Succession, this is the moment when shit got really serious.

As always, these maps are great!
Thanks! Indeed, when I came up with, I knew it would be a moment that would lead to shock, if not to the reader, than at least to the people in-universe. Although, I'd argue the moment "shit got really serious," at least for some, was the day after Christmas, 1913, when 70,000 Poles were executed preemptively for being traitors.

As a side note, I also imagine if Dora the Explorer and Memes end up still existing in this world, there'll be a whole ton of memes about this battle. "Look, there's the Dnieper river! But how do we get to the other side? We can't go over it! We can't go around it! So what do we do? That's right! We go under it!" *shows picture of the aftermath of the Battle of Bloody Dnieper*

War of the Russian Succession: Western Mediterranean Late 1915
wotrs__western_mediterranean__4_by_spiritswriter123-dcgtfe3.png

The Mediterranean remains a fiercely contested battleground, as France uses what Britain considers to be “dirty tactics.” Britain had started to design their own Waraeros, but they would not see service until November. In the meantime, the Royal Navy was consistently reinforced, especially from the short-lived Caribbean theatre, which was already coming to a close.

French forces continued to advance into Sicily, and in October, the last of the large-scale Sicilian resistance came to an end. The next month, Joseph V of Naples was able to be slipped over to Syracuse, where he was confirmed and crowned, formally, as the one true King of Sicily. Joseph would than be trapped in Sicily while British ships made it too dangerous to return.

The most important event in the Western Mediterranean in late 1915 was in Tripoli. Since the end of the Third Explorers’ War, Tripolitania had been quite discontent with their position as a French pet, and earlier in 1915, the old king, Mehmed IV, replaced by his brother Yusuf III Karamanli. So, in May the Tripolitanians sent a message to the Brits saying they were willing to switch sides. In August, British ships and limited British troops were landed in the city of Tripoli, and a treaty was signed between Yusuf and the British Admiral William Tyson (son of the infamous Arvel Tyson), securing Tripolitanian switch to the British side.

The French and many of their allies were understandably livid. Tripolitanian soldiers in the Armee were locked up in executed upon orders of Prince Galtier, who had been increasingly been given power as Emperor Charles d’Egier grew more feeble. The French weren’t the only ones angry at the switch, as some of Yusuf III’s brothers and cousins were in favor of the French. France is now preparing to throw off the Brits and the treacherous Yusuf from Tripoli.

Hnau

Banned
Prince Galtier scares me, I'm really worried about what might happen if he comes to power. I can't believe the French have executed so many of their own men at this point. That's gotta be more of a rallying cry for the Tripolitanians than anything else. I like that some of the colonies switch sides... seems very plausible that war would force power blocs to come to a head like that.

So, Sicily has been taken... will the French have as easy a time with Sardinia? I think it might be a little more difficult.

As a side note, I also imagine if Dora the Explorer and Memes end up still existing in this world, there'll be a whole ton of memes about this battle. "Look, there's the Dnieper river! But how do we get to the other side? We can't go over it! We can't go around it! So what do we do? That's right! We go under it!" *shows picture of the aftermath of the Battle of Bloody Dnieper*

Haha love it XD

War of the Russian Succession: Finland 1915
wotrs__baltic__2_by_spiritswriter123-dcitcye.png

Back in January of 1915, Peter Romanov, pretender to the Russian Throne, met in Helsingfors with King Eric XVI of Sweden and Swedish Prime Minister Ernst Langenberg. There, the Swedes came for one thing and one thing only: Finland. They seeked to right the wrongs done over a hundred years ago. After many months of on-and-off negotiation, Peter Romanov finally agreed to hand over Finland to the Swedes, in turn for large sum of money, additional payments in the future, and many other concessions. This agreement came to full affect on June 21st. On the same day, Eric XVI was crowned Grand Duke of Finland in Abo.

At the same time in Rimlyangrad, President Isaac Petrov was meeting with, among others, Finnish separatists. They came to an understanding, that being that Isaac Petrov and the Russian Republic will support Finnish independence if Finns fought side by side with Russians, and were willing to hold off on independence until the war was over.

June 21st was thus seen as the beginning of the Finnish struggle for independence against Sweden. Throughout late 1915, Sweden would march to secure Finland, but they would be met with stiff, unconventional resistance. The Finns would hide in the vast wilderness of their homeland, and when the Swedes go to hunt down the Finns, they would find nothing but empty camps. As the Swedes would return to base, they would be harassed from a distance the whole way back.

By Christmas of 1915, the Swedes would nominally control all of the Grand Duchy, but they still had a long way to go to rule it.

Napoleonic Line of Bonaparte
napoleonic_line_of_bonaparte_by_spiritswriter123-dciulrq.png

Many of the characters here were mentioned at some point, at least in the story I write with the TL, but some I haven't, namely the 2nd and 3rd child of Napoleon II and their respective descendants. At this point, I'm honestly not sure what the story of Joseph and his descendants are. Joseph likely was a general in the French military, but probably never saw much combat outside of taking down a rebellion or two. Lucien his son I'd honestly not be surprised if they headed off to America or something.

I didn't include wives or husbands in this, because I feared it would clutter up the image too much. That being said, Napoleon I ended up marrying Catherine Pavlovna Romanov, sister of Emperor Alexander I. I do have the names of many other spouses of the Bonaparte family, including Anne's (daughter of Nappie) husband Christian of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, heir to the Danish Throne.

Note on the Illegitimate children of Napoleon III: There's many out there, no one's quite sure how many. Napoleon III himself confirmed 12, of which have been given the special family name of "de Corse," "of Corsica." Often, this name is translated into English as "Decor." Currently, there's a rather prominent American painter with the name, Henry Decor, illegitimate grandson of Napoleon III.

The Light that'll Never Die
Frankish Kings and the Goths were a menace
With their knights ravaging the land
Then a man came out of the darkness
With a maiden walking hand-and-hand

These two gave a single little promise
That they would restore the glory of Rome!
That they would go on however helpless
That they would fight underneath the Dome!

And it’s true their battle rages onward
Now upon the Dnieper’s crystal shore
With the Franks ever pushing Eastward
Now they hear Russia’s soldiers roar!

In the light of Rome’s fading flicker
We shall know the light will never die
For our Russia will never know surrender!
We will fight until God’s end is nigh!
To the tune of Katyusha by Matvei Blanter

Another step into the World Born at Tilsit and the War of the Russian Succession. This time, a particularly patriotic Russian pens a song glorifying Russia as the successor to Rome, taking up the torch of Justinian and Theodora of Restoring Rome. The French (and to some extent the Brits) meanwhile are cast off as the Barbarians that attempted to destroy Rome.

Hnau

Banned
Love the song! Very interesting imagery. I appreciate the family tree as well! Makes it a bit easier to keep track of it all.

I shouldn't have been surprised that the Swedes/Brits would run into so much opposition in Finland. The land is really suited to guerrilla warfare, with so much undeveloped space. Kinda parallels what happened in the Winter War, from the opposite direction. I have a feeling Peter Romanov is going to have less and less influence on the Eastern Front going forward as their forces get bogged down there.

Keep up the great work! Any more updates for 1915 or are we finally headed into the next year? :)

Cubeck
world_born_at_tilsit__the_province_of_cubeck_by_spiritswriter123-dck85ap.png

The Province of Cubeck, member of the Dominion of Canada and the only part of the British Empire with a French speaking majority (much to the displeasure of every good, Frenchmen-hating Anglo-Saxon in the Empire). The Brits only allow Cubeck to keep it's French language because they fear what would happen otherwise (not like the Cubeckians like their situation any less), although all laws in Cubeck have to be written in English, as well as French.

The Province of Cubeck used to be known as Quebec, but during the American War in the 1860's, the name was changed due to anti-French resentment. Soon, a large wave of name and word changes, removing and rewriting many of the more obviously French parts of the English language, most notably in removing the three most hated letters in the British Empire: Que. This culminated in Anne II changing her title from "Queen" to "Cween," favoring the more Celtic-appearing spelling over the French. Today, Que is a common derogatory term for Frenchmen and French-sympathizers.

The only part of the English-speaking world that didn't go through this change was, of course, America. But even there, some are trying to implement the reformed English in the country. It's common to notice that Pro-British writers and journalists will write with the reformed spelling. Hell, even when non-political writing, the new spelling will pop up, immediately informing the reader who the author supports. One romance novel was boycotted by Republicans over the fact that the author, a Democrat Anglophile, had written in the book in reformed English.

Hnau

Banned
It makes total sense that the British would do this with the English language. I'm glad America is sticking with its own unique identity though!!

War of the Russian Succession: Southern Africa Late 1915
wotrs__southern_africa__3_by_spiritswriter123-dckjcj8.png

After the French defeat, what remained of French Southern Africa ended up in Zulu hands. The British turned their attention elsewhere, not worried about the Zulu forces, trusting the Boer to mop them up. In fact, the Zulu and British began discussions of peace between them. Meanwhile, the Zulu were consolidating their new de facto territory, rallying their former enemies of the Xosa, Pongo, Swazi, Sotho, and Tonga around the Zulu flag, promising plunder and rewards in the form of Boer land.

In October, they began their march, taking back Zousafort (Xosafort in English) from Boer occupation, before rearing north to Bloomington. Zulu and their allies also march to take Bath, Freegens, and Weeding. In the Tongan state, the Tongans march to John Belo, but resistance from the Portuguese Military keeps them from taking it before the end of the year. Perhaps the Brits were a bit quick to leave.

Love the song! Very interesting imagery. I appreciate the family tree as well! Makes it a bit easier to keep track of it all.

I shouldn't have been surprised that the Swedes/Brits would run into so much opposition in Finland. The land is really suited to guerrilla warfare, with so much undeveloped space. Kinda parallels what happened in the Winter War, from the opposite direction. I have a feeling Peter Romanov is going to have less and less influence on the Eastern Front going forward as their forces get bogged down there.

Keep up the great work! Any more updates for 1915 or are we finally headed into the next year? :)
Sorry for the late reply. Procrastination is a bitch. Anyways...

The Winter War was something that I did directly take inspiration from when coming up with the Finnish War. I even made a joke on Deviantart (where I post these maps before bringing them here) comparing it to the Talvisota, but instead calling it "Minnesota" :p Interestingly, because Napoleon's invasion of Spain never happened here, the term "guerrilla" would never come about, at least not in the English speaking world. Instead, it might be referred to as "Sota" or "Sotila" thanks to the war in Finland.

As you can tell, late 1915 still isn't quite done. Hell, I'm not even halfway done with it yet. I still have like 9 more maps yet to do for this year.

Thanks for the compliments once again!

War of the Russian Succession: Battle above the Channel
wotrs__battle_above_the_channel_by_spiritswriter123-dckziob.png

Britain would become quite interested in replicating those Waraeros that were causing them trouble in the Baltic and Mediterranean. Throughout 1915, Britain would create several models of makeshift Waraeros in preparation to use against the French, and in October, they finally found one that they liked. On November 2nd, the first British Waraeros would fly off from Kent and drop bombs on camps of French Soldiers in the Pas-de-Calais.

The French would retaliate a couple weeks later with their own bombing of British positions in Kent. And, on December 2th, British and French Waraeros would encounter each other over the Strait of Dover, looking to bombard each other. This chance encounter turned into a fight in the skies, the first of its kind. The British pilots, unlike the French, had been equipped with pistols (in case they ended up crashing and surviving in enemy territory), which they pulled out and started firing at the French. The French, in return, were attempting, unsuccessfully, to maneuver themselves so that they can drop their bombs onto the opponent Aeros.

That day, the British would lose none of their waraeros, with the French losing two with their pilots, and many of the remaining had holes shot through. It would be a day that changed Military History.

War of the Russian Succession: China late 1915
wotrs__china__3_by_spiritswriter123-dclaqog.png

The Blue Banner’s March carries on, and in Summer they crossed the Yangtze, where they took that all-too-well known path from Wuhan to Chungsha, and unlike the French so long ago, they successfully took it. Further West, the Taiping respond by finishing off the Blues at Shawshang and capturing Chonching, and are now threatening Chungdue. In the East, Nanching remains under constant battle between the Blues and Taiping. Because of the turbulence so close to the palace, and with the full understanding that this wasn’t just another peasant rebellion that could be easily squashed, the ancient Yongheng emperor fled south to Canton, with the understanding that if things got too bad, he’d just flee to the British-held city of Hong Kong.

Factionalism grows more still in the Rebellion and in Taiping China. In Taiping-held land, old bureaucrats and administrators who’ve recently fallen out of power thanks to the constant scheming in court have started considering switching sides to the Blue Rebels, and some even have started covertly supporting them. In the land controlled by the Blues, some Generals, especially in the North, where there’s less fighting, and the West, have started to show less support in the fighting, hoping that generals in rival factions would end up losing more men (thus power), securing victory for their own faction once the war ends. This is a large portion of what’s leading Taiping to victory in the West. These Generals have been called out by their compatriots, who have demanded recalls and punishments against these traitors, perhaps even expulsion from the Rebellion.

Hnau

Banned
This truly is a labor of love, Minnesota Nationalist! To think that you have put in so much hard work on these beautiful maps, and on orchestrating the events of the World War, the War of the Russian Succession with such care and thought, only to receive so few likes and replies, it truly breaks my heart. Your scenario is truly detailed, logical, yet cinematic and interesting. I only wish that there was more content to add to the marvelous timeline you've created here!

The fighting in China must be reminiscent of a larger-scale First Sino-Japanese War, which makes me think of even the Eastern Front of Germany-Russia in WWI... somewhere inbetween yes? In any case, do they have trenches, machine gun nests, major artillery, modern transportation or the like? I have a feeling that the Chinese are going to die by the millions with this ripping apart their country. :( It will be total war, meaning that the peasantry with farms in the way of the war will be very unhappy to have the military machine rip through their limited land. Taiping Christianity is an odd beast, isn't it? I wonder how committed the current generation is to the creed.

I like to see the Zulu rally the other African nations against the Boers and the British Empire. This is probably the one area overseas where the French are going to do well in the long-term... but will they be able to hold it?

I have some further speculation, in hopes that it will gain new attention by any fans of MN's great work, I will post below!

Hnau

Banned
Thinking about the scenario of this world, I have to say I'd like to make a ballpark guess as to what happens here. I have written about this timeline of Cultural Empires before, now I'll update my views.

French Europe is sooooo powerful omg I will never get over that point!!! The republican yet imperial form of government lends itself to some truly enormous armies. The Eastern Front in this world would be NOTHING LIKE the one IOTL, hahaha no.

The Russians and French Europeans (including maaaany Germans and fellow Slavs) have a huge amount of men between them that are more mechanized and organized in this timeline, thanks to the greater resources. That means the entire line is going to be more similar to the Western Front in our timeline... only across a MUCH more vast landscape. I can't imagine what kind of a meatgrinder that must be like. It'll be different from anything we ever experienced. Truly, the War of Russian Succession is all too likely to become more of a grim pedestal to the horrors of humankind than our Great War ever was.

The Russian Republic is going to have to fall back under the extreme military pressure. It will be nothing like Napoleon's March, it's going to be more like Operation Barbarossa, only with military technology much further behind than that conflict. Even with their advantages over their counterparts IOTL, the Russians are going to be outmatched and will have to pull back, engage in guerilla warfare, and bring forces from overseas. In the end, the Empire could indeed destroy Moscow, but I like to think they'll be stopped at the gates.

The problem is once again, logistical challenges, as well as British and American intervention. American neutrality doesn't last for long. The Consular Party decides to vote for the USA to join the war effort on the British side once the British conclude a treaty of alliance with the Russians. Surprise! Ha, people will be seeing it as a potential development far before it materializes. The more Russia loses and it appears the French are about to establish a world hegemony, the more they'll be willing to ditch their support for Peter Romanov. With American help, and after consolidating victories forces from overseas (some conflicts persist, but in most arenas overseas the French were solidly defeated by the British Navy), they land troops in the Netherlands. Using machines waraeros, primitive tanks, shotguns, flamethrowers, ooo and dare I say it, chemical weapons, they are able to sweep through the Low Country and into Germany, where a full-blown nationalist revolution has taken place in the heart of the French Empire.

For a short while, it seems like the French will throw back their united British, American, Slavic, and Germanic adversaries. The fighting is fierce. Yet eventually, the Russians finally begin to throw back the Imperial menace in one battle after another. The war is as sordid affair as any tortured soldier could dare to dream in his fevered nightmares.

Yet the Allies win. The Empire is over. The Spring of Nations spreads over Europe. Independence is granted to numerous peoples who inhabit the continent, and among them a future superpower awakens in the form of an enormous United German Republic. A new era dawns, with the League of Nations at its helm... maybe. Russia is enormously powerful, and despite their losses, China and Japan promise to be heavyweights in the new world order. Hell, the United States is due for a promotion, too, as well as the other loyal peoples under the protection of the British Crown. The British Empire becomes, well, let's just call it the British Commonwealth of Nations, come on. They have much better trade and intramigration than you'd ever think possible for an alliance like theirs.

Unfortunately, the 20th century is not one that lends itself easily to peace.

In demilitarized France, a young Bonaparte, who is nevertheless so far removed in the old line of succession that he had to go to art school before the war, is stricken by insomnia from the terrors of his experience. He begins to write more than just his memoirs, and later he'll take these writings and a sharp tongue to the cafes in Paris, and to wherever there is wine and a dark corner. He doesn't start encouraging others to support a Bonapartist restoration, though his name does give him some instantaneous charisma in the eyes of many he meets. Instead he promises a new Europe for the French people and the French people alone. An attempt had been made to entrust the inspired French culture to those whose ancestors had never braved the sacred forests and hills of the motherland in the past, and all the efforts in the world had failed. Yet that did not mean that the French spirit would not someday triumph... after all, isn't the French mind more focused on the will of the nation, more intelligent, heroic, courageous, and self-sacrificing than any other? French philosophy had much to offer, but it would have to be turned on its head in the wake of the revelation that the old rules had failed a continent. Republics, yes, and constitutional monarchies dominated Europe, but they were already growing corrupt. Despots would return and bring war back, just as it had been before Napoleon had unified the Land of the Sun. The French needed living space, and the European subhumans needed saviors. This time, they'd do everything different, and the first thing they'd do if only they could achieve power is start locking up the Slavs, the English, the Germanics, and the Jews, too, and close their businesses. It's easy to see why that has to happen first, if you'll only listen a little longer about some old books and how they relate to certain historical events most people, who are fools, have forgotten.

There's lots of young and destitute Frenchmen like him in Paris, and this young demagogue with his iconic facial hair starts drawing crowds of them. The violent, the morally confused, those longing for a greater cause, and the promise of national redemption. Eventually he makes some very shrewd, callous, and spirited friends. Unfortunately, at some point a stock market bubble and increasing tariffs causes an economic crash, and the governments of Russia, Japan, Germany, China, and the British Commonwealth can't exactly cope well with the repercussions of that whole thing. The rest is alternate history...

Consider this simply a guess from a fan! It's easy to take such obvious creative liberties with your scenario. I do wonder to what it really might lead, and what world might come of this!! Thank you so much for writing your timeline, MN, it has been so fun so far and I do hope you continue it!

Last edited:
This truly is a labor of love, Minnesota Nationalist! To think that you have put in so much hard work on these beautiful maps, and on orchestrating the events of the World War, the War of the Russian Succession with such care and thought, only to receive so few likes and replies, it truly breaks my heart. Your scenario is truly detailed, logical, yet cinematic and interesting. I only wish that there was more content to add to the marvelous timeline you've created here!

The fighting in China must be reminiscent of a larger-scale First Sino-Japanese War, which makes me think of even the Eastern Front of Germany-Russia in WWI... somewhere inbetween yes? In any case, do they have trenches, machine gun nests, major artillery, modern transportation or the like? I have a feeling that the Chinese are going to die by the millions with this ripping apart their country. :( It will be total war, meaning that the peasantry with farms in the way of the war will be very unhappy to have the military machine rip through their limited land. Taiping Christianity is an odd beast, isn't it? I wonder how committed the current generation is to the creed.

I like to see the Zulu rally the other African nations against the Boers and the British Empire. This is probably the one area overseas where the French are going to do well in the long-term... but will they be able to hold it?

I have some further speculation, in hopes that it will gain new attention by any fans of MN's great work, I will post below!
Thinking about the scenario of this world, I have to say I'd like to make a ballpark guess as to what happens here. I have written about this timeline of Cultural Empires before, now I'll update my views.

French Europe is sooooo powerful omg I will never get over that point!!! The republican yet imperial form of government lends itself to some truly enormous armies. The Eastern Front in this world would be NOTHING LIKE the one IOTL, hahaha no.

The Russians and French Europeans (including maaaany Germans and fellow Slavs) have a huge amount of men between them that are more mechanized and organized in this timeline, thanks to the greater resources. That means the entire line is going to be more similar to the Western Front in our timeline... only across a MUCH more vast landscape. I can't imagine what kind of a meatgrinder that must be like. It'll be different from anything we ever experienced. Truly, the War of Russian Succession is all too likely to become more of a grim pedestal to the horrors of humankind than our Great War ever was.

The Russian Republic is going to have to fall back under the extreme military pressure. It will be nothing like Napoleon's March, it's going to be more like Operation Barbarossa, only with military technology much further behind than that conflict. Even with their advantages over their counterparts IOTL, the Russians are going to be outmatched and will have to pull back, engage in guerilla warfare, and bring forces from overseas. In the end, the Empire could indeed destroy Moscow, but I like to think they'll be stopped at the gates. Petrograd (gah, wat is it being called again?) endures a siege as well.

The problem is once again, logistical challenges, as well as British and American intervention. American neutrality doesn't last for long. The Consular Party decides to vote for the USA to join the war effort on the British side once the British conclude a treaty of alliance with the Russians. Surprise! Ha, people will be seeing it as a potential development far before it materializes. The more Russia loses and it appears the French are about to establish a world hegemony, the more they'll be willing to ditch their support for Nicky. With American help, and after consolidating victories forces from overseas (some conflict persist, but in most arenas overseas the French were solidly defeated by the British Navy), they land troops in the Netherlands. Using machines waraeros, primitive tanks, shotguns, flamethrowers, ooo and dare I say it, chemical weapons, they are able to sweep through the Low Country and into Germany, where a full-blown nationalist revolution has taken place in the heart of the French Empire.

For a short while, it seems like the French will throw back their united British, American, Slavic, and Germanic adversaries. The fighting is fierce. Yet eventually, the Russians finally begin to throw back the Imperial menace in one battle after another. The war is as sordid affair as any tortured soldier could dare to dream in his fevered nightmares.

Yet the Allies win. The Empire is over. The Spring of Nations spreads over Europe. Independence is granted to numerous peoples who inhabit the continent, and among them a future superpower awakens in the form of an enormous United German Republic. A new era dawns, with the League of Nations at its helm... maybe. Russia is enormously powerful, and despite their losses, China and Japan promise to be heavyweights in the new world order. Hell, the United States is due for a promotion, too, as well as the other loyal peoples under the protection of the British Crown. The British Empire becomes, well, let's just call it the British Commonwealth of Nations, come on. They have much better trade and intramigration than you'd ever think possible for an alliance like theirs.

Unfortunately, the 20th century is not one that lends itself easily to peace.

In demilitarized France, a young Bonaparte, who is nevertheless so far removed in the old line of succession that he had to go to art school before the war, is stricken by insomnia from the terrors of his experience. He begins to write more than just his memoirs, and later he'll take these writings and a sharp tongue to the cafes in Paris, and to wherever there is wine and a dark corner. He doesn't start encouraging others to support a Bonapartist restoration, though his name does give him some instantaneous charisma in the eyes of many he meets. Instead he promises a new Europe for the French people and the French people alone. An attempt had been made to entrust the inspired French culture to those whose ancestors had never braved the sacred forests and hills of the motherland in the past, and all the efforts in the world had failed. Yet that did not mean that the French spirit would not someday triumph... after all, isn't the French mind more focused on the will of the nation, more intelligent, heroic, courageous, and self-sacrificing than any other? French philosophy had much to offer, but it would have to be turned on its head in the wake of the revelation that the old rules had failed a continent. Republics, yes, and constitutional monarchies dominated Europe, but they were already growing corrupt. Despots would return and bring war back, just as it had been before Napoleon had unified the Land of the Sun. The French needed living space, and the European subhumans needed saviors. This time, they'd do everything different, and the first thing they'd do if only they could achieve power is start locking up the Slavics, the Jews, and the Muslims and close their businesses. It's easy to see why that has to happen first, if you'll only listen a little longer about some old books and how they relate to certain historical events most people, who are fools, have forgotten.

There's lots of young and destitute Frenchmen like him in Paris, and this young demagogue with his iconic facial hair starts drawing crowds of them. The violent, the morally confused, those longing for a greater cause, and the promise of national redemption. Eventually he makes some very shrewd, callous, and spirited friends. Unfortunately, at some point a stock market bubble and increasing tariffs causes an economic crash, and the governments of Russia, Japan, Germany, China, and the British Commonwealth can't exactly cope well with the repercussions of that whole thing. The rest is alternate history...

Consider this a non-canon guess! It's easy to take such obvious creative liberties with your scenario. I do wonder to what it really might lead, and what world might come of this!! Thank you so much for writing your timeline, MN!!
Thank you for your kind words. I still have no intention of stopping this timeline yet, but I just haven't been able to work on it much for various reasons. Here's a post explaining why.

I will say, of your second post
You got it pretty right, up to you mention America, where things start diverging between what you think will what and what actually will.

I'll also say the timeline will likely end after the conclusion of the War of the Russian Succession, as this is the war that destroys "The World Born at Tilsit," "The World that Died at Rimlyangrad." It just feels like a natural concluding point. Maybe go over some concluding notes up to ~10 years after the war, but that's just about it.

War of the Russian Succession: Caribbean Late 1915
wotrs__caribbean__2_by_spiritswriter123_dd73trk-fullview.jpg

For years, despite the Bourbon reforms of the 19th century, the poorer citizens of Spanish Cuba had a dream of independence, a dream not quite shared by most of the Cuban elite, and definitely not by Spain itself. Now, with the incoming British Armada, those that share the dream see their chance.

In the Spring and Summer of 1915, those elites that could flee from Spanish Cuba flee to Mexico, New Spain and New Granada. In October, the British came to Cuba, and they came with next to no resistance. The Brits were met with applause and cheer, and a collaborative Cuban Republic was quickly created. The Dream, apparently, had come true.

~~~~~-----~~~~~

So, uhh, the break went on for a bit longer than I expected...