World In Conflict: What happens next and other fronts of the war?

Many who ever played World In Conflict and World In Conflict: Soviet Assault will say it is the best RTS game that sadly was orphaned since Massive Entertainment became defunct.

We were left with the story hanging after the U.S. liberated Seattle from Soviet occupation while fending off a Chinese amphibious assault (which is strange, since China did not have a blue-water navy in 1989-1990).

Other fronts not explored in the war was Asia and the Caribbean.

What do you guys think happened after?

The Wiki is full of small details from the game that paint a larger picture of the Third World War, i recommend anyone like you with this question check it out.

I'd say a campaign in the Mediterranean by the USN is called for since the 6th Fleet is all but wiped out in the opening days of the war. An offensive is also going to take place in Europe at some point, but most US assests may go to Asia instead. China has played her hand and NATO isn't going to let her get away with it.

The Wiki is full of small details from the game that paint a larger picture of the Third World War, i recommend anyone like you with this question check it out.

I'd say a campaign in the Mediterranean by the USN is called for since the 6th Fleet is all but wiped out in the opening days of the war. An offensive is also going to take place in Europe at some point, but most US assests may go to Asia instead. China has played her hand and NATO isn't going to let her get away with it.

I used to edit around there but I could not find the sources such as the 6th Fleet being wiped out.

But what POD caused China to ally with the USSR? Could it be they overthrew Deng Xiaoping and replaced it with a hardliner. Remember, in-game universe, the war started on June 4, 1989 although unknown if the Tiananmen Square Massacre occurred concurrently.

I used to edit around there but I could not find the sources such as the 6th Fleet being wiped out. .

No other way the Russians could stage a landing on the French southern coast, and i think in game dialogue (From units in the field if you get up close) mentions it. Small world, i used to edit their a bit myself. :)

No other way the Russians could stage a landing on the French southern coast, and i think in game dialogue (From units in the field if you get up close) mentions it. Small world, i used to edit their a bit myself. :)

No reason to invade a nuclear-armed country after-all :p
The war would have gone nuclear at that point well before the Soviet Invasion of the United States.

I'm particularly interested how Asia-Pacific would have fared. I could see Taiwan facing off the PLA-N in the Taiwan Straits while it is mentioned the Second Korean War broke out. Japan may revoke Article 9 that would come in the defense of its allies. U.S. bases in the region at that time were located in South Korea (under attack), Japan, the Philippines, Guam, and Wake Island. Meanwhile, Britain had a few pressence in Hong Kong (likely to be invaded by PRC), Singapore, Brunei, Australia, and Diego Garcia.

Over the failure of the Soviet Invasion of America, and the defeats over in Europe, the USSR would be caving in from the inside out, and China realized it made a horrible mistake, and joins with the West. (If they don't...it also would be coming apart from the War, and a far worst Tiananmen Square.)

The Red Army would be bogged down in Iran (Think Afghanistan, but on drugs to to their eyes.)

(I am kind of surprise France did not nuked the Soviets once they had set foot onto Freach soil, but you know...)

Over the failure of the Soviet Invasion of America, and the defeats over in Europe, the USSR would be caving in from the inside out, and China realized it made a horrible mistake, and joins with the West. (If they don't...it also would be coming apart from the War, and a far worst Tiananmen Square.)

The Red Army would be bogged down in Iran (Think Afghanistan, but on drugs to to their eyes.)

(I am kind of surprise France did not nuked the Soviets once they had set foot onto Freach soil, but you know...)

USSR is said to be fighting a three-way battle in Iran vs the U.S. and Khomeini. I guess there would be coup detat against the hardliners in CPSU.

China did make a large mistake deploying bulk of their navy to the Pacific Northwest, which would have been wiped out by the U.S. Navy and parts of the Royal Canadian Navy. I could imagine once the Chinese are humiliated, the citizens of China rebel against the Communist Party of whom probably still angry over the Tiananmen Square Massacre.

Yes, the invasion of France would have gone nuclear at that point. Same with how the Soviets made a sneak attack in New York and then Seattle a week later.

We were left with the story hanging after the U.S. liberated Seattle from Soviet occupation while fending off a Chinese amphibious assault (which is strange, since China did not have a blue-water navy in 1989-1990).

Didn't they say it wasn't a Chinese blue water invasion but rather they were just rushing troops over to Soviet held Seattle?

Many who ever played World In Conflict and World In Conflict: Soviet Assault will say it is the best RTS game that sadly was orphaned since Massive Entertainment became defunct.

Other fronts not explored in the war was Asia and the Caribbean.

What do you guys think happened after?

The US is in a really bad spot when Seatle is invaded IMO its basically a Soviet wank Germany becomes a meat grinder as it should but the Red Navy one that is in many ways quantitatively and qualitatively inferior to their western counterparts somehow pushes through the Bospherous and smashes the combined US-French and Italian fleets and the heavy aircover which would have supported them lands troops in Southern France and it is only then stopped by a Franco-American force

They then manage to invade Seatle somehow not starve because of the USN imposed blockade and by the end of the game somehow inflicted enough damage to the US PACFLEET to prevent from intercepting the Chinese invasion

The US is in a really bad spot when Seatle is invaded IMO its basically a Soviet wank Germany becomes a meat grinder as it should but the Red Navy one that is in many ways quantitatively and qualitatively inferior to their western counterparts somehow pushes through the Bospherous and smashes the combined US-French and Italian fleets and the heavy aircover which would have supported them lands troops in Southern France and it is only then stopped by a Franco-American force

They then manage to invade Seatle somehow not starve because of the USN imposed blockade and by the end of the game somehow inflicted enough damage to the US PACFLEET to prevent from intercepting the Chinese invasion

Again I don't know how the Soviet Navy annihialed the NATO and U.S. 6th Fleet in the Med. That part would have been ASB alongside the invasion of southern France which would warranted the use of nuclear weapons.

Why the PACLFT wasn't able to intercept the Chinese? Well, the game mentions that "There was not much of the Pacific Fleet left" indicating they were overextended. Still, China did not have blue-water project c. 1989-1990. And they have to pass sea line-of-communications countries (Philippines, Taiwan, and Japan) which should be noticed by the Pacific Army and Air Forces.

The Soviets won, right?

Nope, the Soviets were recently expelled from Seattle but the war rages on.

Maybe the Soviet subs used nuclear torpedoes to decimate the surface fleet? That’s the only explanation I have, but that would have likely triggered a general nuclear exchange.

The Soviets are invading American soil and launching naval assaults in Southern France. This doesn't suggest a US which is holding its own.

The USA at the time of the conflict was still capable to challenge the Soviets. Britain too is standing its ground and the French backed by NATO was able to expel the Soviets in southern France.

Maybe the Soviet subs used nuclear torpedoes to decimate the surface fleet? That’s the only explanation I have, but that would have likely triggered a general nuclear exchange.

Nuclear torpedoes is possible. However, the war would have gone nuclear by the time the Soviets invaded southern France. I knew the French would have launched a few at the Warsaw Pact then if they do not withdraw, then bye bye Moscow, Leningrad, Volgograd, Murmansk, Baku, Tbilisi, etc. followed by a global thermonuclear war.

Faeelin

Banned
The USA at the time of the conflict was still capable to challenge the Soviets. Britain too is standing its ground and the French backed by NATO was able to expel the Soviets in southern France.

Guys, if the victory in WW3 is America expels the Soviets from Washington, and defeats the French in Southern France (sucks to be you Italy?) things aren't going well.

Guys, if the victory in WW3 is America expels the Soviets from Washington, and defeats the French in Southern France (sucks to be you Italy?) things aren't going well.

The French was only able to expel the Soviets from the southern coast after the U.S. and NATO contingents arrived in the country. One loading screen map showed that the Soviet Army had a presence in northern Italy as well.

Faeelin

Banned
The French was only able to expel the Soviets from the southern coast after the U.S. and NATO contingents arrived in the country. One loading screen map showed that the Soviet Army had a presence in northern Italy as well.

Yea, that means the Soviets are winning.