Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

So I think that settles Pelley as the most evil possible KR leader. Even the other Natpops at least do a few good things; hell even Göring protects endangered animals, which is at least something.

Also, new head canon is that The Handmaid's Tale is set in the world of KR and Gilead is Pelley's AUS.
I think Pelley is literally American Hitler. Racist, fascist, fucking insane...

I could see a WW2 analogue(through this would be WW3 KR wise or an extension of WK2 as it would happen some time after WK2) with a victorious Syndicalist Europe and democratic China + Japan(WAllies) vs. Pelley AUS(Nazi Germany) + Savinkovist or at least Tsarist Russia(Japan) + Argentina(Italy)...................

I can't help but find it incredibly funny that the American Union State under the Business Plot is led by George Van Horn Moseley...
This kinda makes me want to see this version of the AUS fighting a Totalist Union of Britain... Just for the fun of seeing Moseley versus Mosley...
Wow, morally gray Huey, that's a first. Still a dictator though.
I think it's more or less how he was intended to be portrayed from the start. Even in previous versions of Kaisserreich, he was always the most "benevolent" leader of the AUS. They just made that clearer.

Plus, it kinda fits with how Long was historically from what I've read: he financed a lot of public works and always aimed to reduce poverty but he was also one to too keen on sharing power. So putting him as a "Benevolent" Dictator kinda fits.
Not sure Fascist is the right word to describe Pelley, though Totalitarian definitely fits the bill. There is also a religious aspect with Pelley's vision in KR that was kinda absent in Hitler's vision: the latter was highly mystical but not really religious.

Still, despite the few differences, Pelley is by far the closest analogue to Hitler in the game as far as I've seen. His focus tree makes that pretty clear.

I think it's more or less how he was intended to be portrayed from the start. Even in previous versions of Kaisserreich, he was always the most "benevolent" leader of the AUS. They just made that clearer.

Yeah, I think they just finally got his portrayal right and explicit.

With Long, a lot of people just assumed he was just your *insert generic evil Far Right Dictator here*, and that's just not what Long and the AFP/AUS are. As stated Long is more of a benevolent dictator (definitely more of a Social Democrat than Far Right bogeyman) who is finally being represented correctly, while the AUS is an ideologically spread out Coalition that only agree on two things: America First by any means necessary, and Syndies are scum.

Has anyone else noticed that both the CSA and AUS can both become the Commonwealth of America?

Anyway, the AUS rework looks pretty interesting. The theocratic racist dystopia of Pelley is terrifying, but on the other hand I kinda want to see it face of against either Germany or the syndies in a Cold War. I like its flag too, it has a sort of retro-futurist vibe to it.

A little while ago we concluded that there wasn't much point as it wouldn't really attract anyone new. It would just be the exact same people, and Fuhrerreich falls under Kaiserreich.
It's still a separate mod with different lore. If it's only resigned to this thread it will always be overshadowed by Kaiserreich.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that both the CSA and AUS can both become the Commonwealth of America?

Anyway, the AUS rework looks pretty interesting. The theocratic racist dystopia of Pelley is terrifying, but on the other hand I kinda want to see it face of against either Germany or the syndies in a Cold War. I like its flag too, it has a sort of retro-futurist vibe to it.

And for more fun have America divided at the rockies via the rocky mountian ceasefire. So you have the PSA and AUS staring at each other :)

On the subject of the AUS, i am a bit disappointied that the bussiness one is just a nother version of the Kelley one, i.e. evil (in my opion), I had hoped, in defference to the idea that kaisserriech throws in new ideaolgies, it might be very libertrian, e.g. "we have privatised all goverment sectors, including the government". considering how other faction get more than 1 options which are presented as less evil (i think).

On the subject of the AUS, i am a bit disappointied that the bussiness one is just a nother version of the Kelley one, i.e. evil (in my opion), I had hoped, in defference to the idea that kaisserriech throws in new ideaolgies, it might be very libertrian, e.g. "we have privatised all goverment sectors, including the government". considering how other faction get more than 1 options which are presented as less evil (i think).

I'm pretty sure the point is that Huey is literally the only person in the AUS who isn't completely evil...

The Plot is led by an unrequited racist whose views was extreme even by the standards of the time who is backed by a cabal of military and industrial leaders who are in it to make a profit they're assholes