Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Company

Banned
This would be an interesting idea to see. I would be fascinated by how many counties would hold out in a scenario where Democrats got 71% of the vote. I also wonder how the vote would have looked like by demographic.

I still don't think this is enough for a democratic "road" from coast to coast, I think we figured out here that the shift had to be a little bit bigger than this.

I've actually done about half of the results, and thus far I've found that there are a huge amount of blood red, lowly populated counties that still would stay Republican even with their candidate barely scraping over 20% of the national vote. These are largely concentrated in the south, plains, and interior west, of course.

I've actually done about half of the results, and thus far I've found that there are a huge amount of blood red, lowly populated counties that still would stay Republican even with their candidate barely scraping over 20% of the national vote. These are largely concentrated in the south, plains, and interior west, of course.
Yeah, that's a given. But are there any Republican holdouts with more population than two grannies and a dog?

Last edited:

Bad Company

Banned
Yeah, that's a given. But are there any Republican holdouts with less population than two grannies and a dog?

Not really. There are large suburban counties like Shelby, AL that stay narrowly red, along with some mid-sized counties like Houston, AL (Dothan) and Cape Girardeau, MO (Cape Girardeau) that are also just barely Republican (though portions of these cities extend into a nearby County that goes blue).

I see. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with, if you decide to put it up.

voting history of these regions/departments (or whatever the S, MW, NE, and W are called):
Northeast: C-O-O-K
New England: C-O-O-K
North Atlantic: C-O-O-K

South: T-R-M-B
Central Atlantic: C-O-O-B
South Atlantic: T-R-M-B
Gulf-Puerto Rico: T-R-M-B
Lower Mississippi: T-R-M-B

Texahoma: T-R-M-B

Midwest: T-O-O-B
Great Lakes: T-O-O-K
Ohio: T-O-O-B
Upper Mississippi-Missouri: T-R-M-B
West: C-O-O-B
Interior Southwest: T-R-M-B
Pacific-Northwest: C-O-O-B
Northern California: C-O-O-K
Southern California: C-O-O-K

(C and T=Clinton or Trump; O and R=Obama or Romney; O and M=Obama or McCain; K or B=Kerry or Bush; dark red=voted D in all of last 4 elections; light red=voted D in 3 of the last 4 elections; purple=voted for both parties twice; light blue=voted R in 3 of last 4 elections; dark blue=voted R in all of last 4 elections. Interior Southwest was within 3,000 votes of voting for Obama in 2008)

Clinton won the Northeast and West (2/4). She won 6 of 14 regions.
Obama in 2012 and 2008 won all but the South (3/4). He won 8 of 14 regions.
Bush in 2004 won all but the Northeast (3/4). He won 9 of 14 regions.

Last edited:
Democratic counties from coast to coast:

QJl6Y4h.jpg

Bad Company

Banned
So, I can pretty much calculate every state here aside from Alaska. The constantly changing boroughs make it difficult to get a read on that state.

Status
Not open for further replies.