The M-BAM Main Thread

The Belgian Congo and Portuguese Angola, 1914 - 1939

Congo+Angola.png

This is a map of Portuguese Angola and the Belgian Congo. Apparently Angola didn't change their first level administration from the old Portuguese borders, so I kept them the same. From what I can tell, both countries kept the same borders until independence, so this map can probably be used for any map before WW2. Ignore everything that isn't Portuguese Angola or the Belgian Congo. The borders to the northeast are pre-WW1 borders I made. I'll work on making East Africa and the rest of Southern Africa.

Redcoat

Banned
The Belgian Congo and Portuguese Angola, 1914 - 1939

View attachment 391169

This is a map of Portuguese Angola and the Belgian Congo. Apparently Angola didn't change their first level administration from the old Portuguese borders, so I kept them the same. From what I can tell, both countries kept the same borders until independence, so this map can probably be used for any map before WW2. Ignore everything that isn't Portuguese Angola or the Belgian Congo. The borders to the northeast are pre-WW1 borders I made. I'll work on making East Africa and the rest of Southern Africa.
When you finish Africa, can I do Europe?

Redcoat

Banned
@Valdore Javorsky Are you fine if I repost some of your old MBAM maps to the historical maps thread for the project? I'm thinking of combing through some of the stuff you made since a lot of the time I find out that patches I made/thought of making were already created.

South Africa, 1914.

South Africa.png

Ignore German East Africa, it hasn't been done yet. Everything else is good to use though. North and South Rhodesia, along with Nyasaland keep the same borders until the 1950s, so they can also be used for an interwar map. South Africa can be used for an interwar map if you change the colour, add in Walvis Bay and change the border from a state border to a national one. The South African internal borders are kept the same until 1995, so they can be used for any cold war map as well.

Last edited:
I assume that this map is now finished. Because I don't feel like going through the 100 or so pages that have appeared since I was last here, can somebody send me the file, please and thank you?

I assume that this map is now finished. Because I don't feel like going through the 100 or so pages that have appeared since I was last here, can somebody send me the file, please and thank you?

Not entirely accurate, its super close to being done but isn't quite there yet, the issue is noone is working on it, so heres the closest to done map we're probably gonna get for a while

auJXLer.png

@Valdore Javorsky Are you fine if I repost some of your old MBAM maps to the historical maps thread for the project? I'm thinking of combing through some of the stuff you made since a lot of the time I find out that patches I made/thought of making were already created.
no problem, though we'll rpobably have to look over some stuff (especially the german statelets) :)

Aurantiacis

Gone Fishin'
Hey guys, sorry for interrupting or helping out (I am bad at mapping) but do y'all have a map of the Indonesian Archipelago, Philippines, and mainland Indochina/Southeast Asia? Thanks!

EDIT: Cancel that, I've found someone that had the same request had the map I wanted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited: