Status
Not open for further replies.

VT45

Banned
Who exactly qualifies as a commoner ITTL? There are some people that called Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon a commoner before she married Prince Albert.

Deleted member 92121

Who exactly qualifies as a commoner ITTL? There are some people that called Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon a commoner before she married Prince Albert.
The Queen Mother was the daughter of a Earl. Nobility to be sure, but not exactly ideal for the future King of Great Britain, emperor of India, etc. etc.

A suggestion: House Percy. They are the Dukes of Northumberland, are as old as the Norman Conquest, rich as midas and very few families had a greater impact on english history. IOTL Hugh Percy, the current Duke has two daughter, the older is two days younger then William, and the yougest is married to the Godfather to princess Charlotte. Either would be ideal for marriage with either prince.

Dynastic marriages are fun to play with.

VT45

Banned
Or now that the rule against marrying a Catholic has been waived, how about a member of the House of Wittelsbach, uniting the Hanoverian and Jacobite successions?

Since the crown is more important QE2 might not be allowed to marry Prince Phillip, we has seen as not royal enough if I recall correctly

VT45

Banned
I’d imagine the marriages/relationships this would’ve affected woul be the following:
Wallis Simpson
Peter Townsend
Antony Armstrong-Jones
Mark Phillips
Timothy Laurence
Camilla Parker Bowles (maybe)
Sarah Ferguson
Sophie Rhys-Jones
Kate Middleton
Meghan Markle

And I won’t mention the queen’s other grandchildren since they’ve been butterflied away

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
That's a unfair generalization.

Libertarians are simply strong critics of government and believe in a free market motivated society. I might strongly disagree with their world view, but they are a legitimate political school of thought.

Alt-Righters are a combination of ultra nationalist, white nationalists, nazis and other groups that have no place in legitimate political discourse.
both are you are right. libertarianism as a term has been adopted by many different groups in past and in present.
the core concept itself arguably is fundamentally irreconcilable with nationalism, borders, sovereignty, etc - but this hasn't prevented A: a wide degree of ersatz-libertarian schools of thought and their proponents from doing their thing and B: a pretty huge alt-right entryism problem cropping up in many libertarian circles.
see below for a hilariously explicit and also sort of heartbreaking example.
View attachment 388056

Y'all both need to take this to Chat. DO NOT get into political debates outside of Chat.

EVER.

Deleted member 92121

I’d imagine the marriages/relationships this would’ve affected woul be the following:
Wallis Simpson
Peter Townsend
Antony Armstrong-Jones
Mark Phillips
Timothy Laurence
Camilla Parker Bowles (maybe)
Sarah Ferguson
Sophie Rhys-Jones
Kate Middleton
Meghan Markle

And I won’t mention the queen’s other grandchildren since they’ve been butterflied away
So basically the last 80 years of the monarchy. Seems about right.

Out with wider genepools for the nobility, in with inbreeding.

Wallis Simpson still marries Edward VIII, and is the reason why marrying commoners is a no go, and why Elizabeth is Queen still.

Diana is still alive. She is not married to Charles.

Gian

Banned
Wallis Simpson still marries Edward VIII, and is the reason why marrying commoners is a no go, and why Elizabeth is Queen still.

Diana is still alive. She is not married to Charles.

So William and Harry themselves are butterflied away, giving you more leeway to make some alternate children for Charles. Should be interesting.

Deleted member 92121

So William and Harry themselves are butterflied away, giving you more leeway to make some alternate children for Charles. Should be interesting.

That's actually sad, it would be interesting to see both individuals ITTL. Maybe, even with a different mother, they're born exactly the same by some miraculous magic that could only befell the monarchy?

VT45

Banned

Not necessarily. Charles and Diana were divorced before she died IOTL. Same thing might’ve happened ITTL

I have some good news for those of you on this thread, as @Kanan is on her cruise I've decided to make a majority shaded map of the 2016 general election using the data from that spreadsheet she shared with us last week. I hope to have the map completed by Friday. I have already done Maine.

Deleted member 92121

Wallace was a Scottish noble and member of the Wallace Clan, 'Billy' is obviously just a nickname for William
Define Noble. This is the only sister of the ruler of a living and breathing British Empire.

Define Noble. This is the only sister of the ruler of a living and breathing British Empire.
Low Noble is the greater British Nobility, but Clan Wallace has some Standing in the Scottish Clan-system being the Clan of William Wallace and all... Also the Queen is rather fond of Scotland and seeing the Margareth literally had no other noble suitors I'm putting my money on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.