WIP Map Thread

Good deal of progress tonight. It still needs some tweaks, but I'm getting pretty close to being able to create the legend and write-up.

cMn3AOV.png

Edit: For a scenario where Russia won against Japan, do you think they would directly incorporate Manchuria and/or Korea or would they set up a puppet in the area?
Might incorporate Manchuria, but Korea would probably just be a puppet - at least at first.

Do you think Manchuria would be incoporated as a series of provinces or as a territory?
Depends on how they take it and the circumstances. If they're taking the entire place in one treaty then they're much more likely to have it all in one administrative group than they are if they're taking it piecemeal. Regardless, I don't imagine it would be broken up into more than three provinces, if even that many. On the other hand, I imagine they might alter teh borders even if it is one administrative unit - maybe cut bits of it off and attach them to the 'Green Ukraine' province (whatever that was called).

Still a WiP, but I'm asking for some assistance here...

This image is an orthogonal polar projection of what I have so far. Beyond the 80° north line, the source map has no terrain detail (just a text label for north pole), so I blanked it. I've added (in magenta) an eyeball estimate of where I think the speculative coastline would be. This is based on the assumption that anywhere with a text label that refers to land is actually land, and anywhere with a text label that refers to water is actually water, and that the coastline (the magenta line) is the midpoint between these "known" locations.

Based on those rules, does the magenta coastline look to be in the right position?

north-pole-crop-jpg.386536

Deleted member 105545

Still a WiP, but I'm asking for some assistance here...

This image is an orthogonal polar projection of what I have so far. Beyond the 80° north line, the source map has no terrain detail (just a text label for north pole), so I blanked it. I've added (in magenta) an eyeball estimate of where I think the speculative coastline would be. This is based on the assumption that anywhere with a text label that refers to land is actually land, and anywhere with a text label that refers to water is actually water, and that the coastline (the magenta line) is the midpoint between these "known" locations.

Based on those rules, does the magenta coastline look to be in the right position?

north-pole-crop-jpg.386536

Looks about right