Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
After about 2 years, I've finally completed my elevation map of Tellurus.
phys_newtellurus.png

Isaac Beach

Banned
Shouldn’t this go in the alternate planets and suns thread?

Given he spent two years on it I think it's perfectly acceptable for him to share it in the primary map thread. Besides, there's no actual rule saying we have to post alternate planets or WIPs in the associated threads, it's just a common courtesy to keep the main thread neat.

That makes sense.
1) Where is it's capital? I noticed Chicago was never nuked, or occupied by a foreign power, so I'm betting it's there.
2) Why's the radiation in the DC zone so awful? Unlike most areas it looks like it never got cleaned up.
3) Also, I don't know if this is a mistake or purposeful, but I noticed the Sea Levels dropped around the 2060's, but then came back in the final map. Is that purposeful or a mistake?

1) I think yes. Chicago is the best option.
2) The East Coast was part of the European Federation and therefore the Chinese bombed it so much and used biological weapons. After the second war and the ASA uprising there was no time to clear the Atlantic coast. Chicago rebuilt the infrastructure and built an army in the event of the invasion of Aztlan. Recolonization of the eastern states is only in the plans now.
3) I'm pleased that you noticed. So conceived. The climate became warmer and the sea level increased throughout the 21st century. Nuclear war slowed down this process, and the Kus'ma unfolded it back. After the SGW a new cooling began. The glaciers began to grow and the sea level decreased. In the middle of the 22 century is somewhat colder than now.

Every town I've been to in New England this year so far:
upload_2018-4-7_9-44-28.png

Currently I'm lagging behind 2016 by a good deal, but last year I was around a similar count at this time. I haven't left the state yet, but next week I'm going to France and Italy, and more towns will inevitably get colored in when summer hits.

It is TL in the form of a set of maps, which tells about the alternative future of the Earth from 2036 to 2151.
PoD - The Great Depression destroyed the old world order in 2014. Only the EU, China and India were able to survive the crisis and became the new superpowers. Soon they unleashed a new cold war
New World Order
2036__by_sera_fim-dc7vq3m.png

2060__by_sera_fim-dc7vq3e.png
2092___by_sera_fim-dc7vq2z.png
2095___by_sera_fim-dc7vq2r.png
2098___by_sera_fim-dc7vq2j.png
2101___by_sera_fim-dc7vq21.png
2106___by_sera_fim-dc7vq1p.png
Kus'ma is a three-kilometer asteroid covered with radio-absorbing material and equipped with an engine. It was created by the European Federation in the early 2070s as a weapon of retaliation in case China to seize the Earth. But the Greatest War began and ended before Kus'ma was ready. Kus'ma came under the authority of Solar Alliance who brought the project to fruition. The asteroid made a gravitational maneuver near the sun and crashed into the earth at a speed of 60 kilometers per second near Beijing. This event marked the end of the war and the Chinese statehood.
2108___by_sera_fim-dc7vq1e.png
2109___by_sera_fim-dc7vq0x.png
2151___by_sera_fim-dc7vq0f.png
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif.03858ab6c0b85f0c739027be30ee9c1b.gif

May I have permission to post this on r/imaginarymaps?

(edit: I am u/mikusingularity)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.