Photos of the Kaiserreich

Panama's cool :D
good, welcome to the begginnig of the Second Great Game:

500x375_85_1_c_FFFFFF_e584a561074f01f0bb125516d529d837_transito2000-1-cosco-yantian.jpg

The Panama Canal in 2013, 9 years before the famed Panama crisis. During the Second American Civil War, the Pacific Government made an agreement to take over the lease of the United States with the Panamans. This continued with some tension until 2019, when the Panama Self Determination party took power on a platform of taking the canal, whether the PSA liked it or not. The Government tried negotiation at first but seeing that the PSA was refusing to budge on the issue, they took matters into their own hands in 2020. A group of military units took the Pacifician managers of the canal into custody and officially declared the Canal now part of Panama. President Jolee was furious at the move and the Pacifician public were incensed. The events all culminated when President Jolie was in the middle of planning to send an expeditionary force to go in, seize back the canal and overthrow the government to replace it with someone more manageable.However before they could get the force underway, events in Panama city tied her hands when Secretary of State McReynolds flew to Panama and signed a joint security and trade agreement with the Panama government. She pledged in no uncertain terms that her administration would not allow "the disruption of the sovereign right over one's own territory and the overthrow of the people's elected representative" and also announced the movement of 20,000 US troops into the country,the largest deployment of American troops ever since the fall of the NRC .This was followed by declaration by the APCPS, declaring their own devotion to the "longstanding alliance we share with the Pacific States." President Jolie was also a bit enraged and she has warned that the United States should not "return to the darkness of its past". In the US, the crisis is boosting pride in Country and Flags are now prominently being displayed on the street. The crisis continued for 8 months as both the US and PSA refused to budge. It took a nearly catastrophic incident,where an American flotilla led by the newly modernized American Aircraft carrier, the USS Foresstal confronted a Pacifian sub and thretaned to drop depth charges. This brought Secratary McReynolds to Sacramento where she brokered an agreement where the US would pay the PSA 20 billion dollars to compensate them for years of running the canal, guranteed them a quarter of the income from the canal and guranteed passge. This was promptly taken to the US press by the State Department, who were pissed at what they viewed as blatant PSA greed, and also pissed off the PSA for what they Viewed as two faced behavior. This sowed the seeds of distrust between the two nations which made the second great game possible. Meanwhile the Entnte and German sphere were just thankful that the crisis had ended peacefully and we're very impressed by McReynolds as a negotiator leading to the German magazine Der Spiegl to call her " the state woman of the 21st century." This benifted the US when dealing with foregin countries in the future,while enraging Joilee at how she and the PSA got little credit for the successful defusing.

Last edited:

chankljp

Donor
OCC writer’s note: Ok. So, I went to visit Edinburg earlier this year in late January. Thanks to the influence of Kaiserreich, I spent my entire time there going from museum to museum looking at the exhibitions while thinking to myself, ‘I wonder what would have happened to this in the KR world?’. As such, I finally decided to write a little something on my brainstorming. The following is a photo that I personally took while visiting the special exhibition in the Queen's Gallery at Holyrood Palace.

27500252_10156514483158514_3115078605118689004_o.jpg

The peacock barge inkstand, made in 1870-76.

This beautiful pearls, diamonds, and sapphire encrusted, golden inkstand in the form of an Indian barge was originally presented to King Edward VI during his tour of India in 1875-76 by Ishwari Prasad Narayan Singh, Maharaja of Benares, as a memento of the visit. In the decades that followed, the royal gifts that the king received from India were put on public display in locations across Britain as part of the royal oriental art collection.

During the British Revolution of 1925, while the loyalists were able to evacuate many of the monarchy’s treasures such as the Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom across the Atlantic to Canada alongside the royal family, many other less historically and symbolically important artifacts, such as this inkstand, were left behind.

Once the new syndicalist regime under the Union of Britain was created, and the domestic situation more or less stabilized, it’s first order of business was to decide what to do with all the royalist and capitalist objects and icons in the country. Some proposed that all the expropriated palaces, castles, and mansions be either converted into museums celebrating the worker’s revolution or be handed over to the local trade unions to be used as offices, while their contents be sold off overseas to earn the country much needed hard currency. Other more moderate voices hoped that the palaces, castles, and their historical treasures be preserved as they were, and be used to teach British history from a more ‘honest’, ‘class conscious’ perspective to future generations. While the more radical elements in the TUC suggested that the very existence of these reactionary historical sites, artifacts, and historical icons were inherently oppressive to the proletariat by their continued existence, as such, the palaces needs to be emptied of their contents and demolished, while the artifacts themselves be set on fire in a public ceremony and the destruction be recorded for posterity, as a symbol of the working class’ victory over their oppressors, and the first steps toward the eventual world revolution.

Ultimately, this inkstand together with other gifts from India that were given to the royal family were symbolically transferred to the Bhartiya Commune as part of the 1937 Anglo-Indian Trade Agreement, as a gesture of international solidarity, and of the British people righting the wrongs of colonialism by returning the ‘stolen’ property that were taken unjustly from them by their feudal overlords as a tribute to the British king 60 years in the past.

Ironically, this ended up preserving the royal family’s oriental art collection, as during the Liberation of Britain by Entente forces towards the end of WK2, as a final act of act of spite, the UOB government ordered the destruction of all major landmarks and museums with all their contents using explosives in areas still under syndicalist control (Including the Palace of Westminster, Nelson's Column, the British Museum, and many other), in order to deny the royalist their prize.

After the Dominion of Indi/Delhi Government conquered the Bhartiya Commune and reunited the subcontinent under their rule in the late 1940s, it was decided that the royal oriental art collection (Which was discover by Entente troops in the basement of the National Library in Calcutta) will be kept in India and once again be put on public display, now as a symbol of the bond between the Indian people and the newly reestablished United Kingdom.

This photo was taken in early 2018, when, for the first time in over 80 years, this golden barge inkstand and select parts of the art collection were once again put on display on British soil as part of a special exhibition celebrating the creation of the Commonwealth.

Last edited:
5736_5243a8f727130.jpg

Eric blair, 1st Earl of Jura KG, CH, DL, PC(1903-1958)

Once a politician of union of britain, he was known for overthrowing Moseley's totalist regime.

In 1942, Oswald Mosley took control of Union of britain and Went for direct rule of london over the union.over his time, he tried to fight back. Even being imprisoned by Mosley's regime from 1945-1952. But he persisted.in finally in 1953, after Moseley died, he managed to invited the King George VI back to britain and replaced the UoB with UK.

Last edited:

Deleted member 82792

What do you guys think Command & Conquer: Red Alert is like ITTL?

I thought we decided we weren’t going beyond 2020...

Anyway, sorry but no.

1) My plan is that Angelina Jolie is a two-term President, extremely successful with a number of major reforms and legislation to her name;

2) Japan and the APCPS would not have remained neutral. They would have fully supported the PSA no matter what. Especially given that a major part of the President’s foreign policy was established as integrating the PSA even more into the Asia-Pacific world.

It does work as a beginning to less than ideal relations, but with some changes:

1) Jolie does stand for re-election and wins - her domestic record carrying her through despite this issue. She focuses mostly on domestic policy and further integration into the Asia-Pacific, though maintains a robust defence policy.

2) Show that the PSA’s alliance partners support them - the APCPS is a very close alliance, they wouldn’t abandon the PSA.

Also, please in future do not do posts that make sweeping changes or decide the future of stuff and characters I’ve established without asking first.

Last edited:
I thought we decided we weren’t going beyond 2020...

Anyway, sorry but no.

1) My plan is that Angelina Jolie is a two-term President, extremely successful with a number of major reforms and legislation to her name;

2) Japan and the APCPS would not have remained neutral. They would have fully supported the PSA no matter what. Especially given that a major part of the President’s foreign policy was established as integrating the PSA even more into the Asia-Pacific world.

It does work as a beginning to less than ideal relations, but with some changes:

1) Jolie does stand for re-election and wins - her domestic record carrying her through despite this issue. She focuses mostly on domestic policy and further integration into the Asia-Pacific, though maintains a robust defence policy.

2) Show that the PSA’s alliance partners support them - the APCPS is a very close alliance, they wouldn’t abandon the PSA.

Also, please in future do not do posts that make sweeping changes or decide the future of stuff and characters I’ve established without asking first.
Okay, I would of cleared this with you but I can't PM you due to your profile not allowing me to, I will change it when I get my hands on a computer.how do you suggest I change it,sh shouid I just mention a gradually escalating crisis where the PSA and APCPS Is determined to get the Canal back but they are being withheld due to the fact that Secratary McReynolds has just flown into town and signed a protection and trade agreement with Panama, enraging Joilee and l stirring up some pride in the USA,while Europe is just watching this carefully.

Okay, I would of cleared this with you but I can't PM you due to your profile not allowing me to, I will change it when I get my hands on a computer.how do you suggest I change it,sh shouid I just mention a gradually escalating crisis where the PSA and APCPS Is determined to get the Canal back but they are being withheld due to the fact that Secratary McReynolds has just flown into town and signed a protection and trade agreement with Panama, enraging Joilee and l stirring up some pride in the USA,while Europe is just watching this carefully.

That makes sense :) Yeah, that’d work nicely. Thanks!

If you want to check a future development just spoiler-tag it here ;) But yeah, best not to go far ahead in time after this.

500x375_85_1_c_FFFFFF_e584a561074f01f0bb125516d529d837_transito2000-1-cosco-yantian.jpg

The Panama Canal in 2013, 9 years before the famed Panama crisis. During the Second American Civil War, the Pacific Government made an agreement to take over the lease of the United States with the Panamans. This continued with some tension until 2019, when the Panama Self Determination party took power on a platform of taking the canal, whether the PSA liked it or not. The Government tried negotiation at first but seeing that the PSA was refusing to budge on the issue, they took matters into their own hands in 2020. A group of military units took the Pacifician managers of the canal into custody and officially declared the Canal now part of Panama. President Jolee was furious at the move and the Pacifician public were incensed. The events all culminated when President Jolie was in the middle of planning to send an expeditionary force to go in, seize back the canal and overthrow the government to replace it with someone more manageable.However before they could get the force underway, events in Panama city tied her hands when Secretary of State McReynolds flew to Panama and signed a joint security and trade agreement with the Panama government. She pledged in no uncertain terms that her administration would not allow "the disruption of the sovereign right over one's own territory and the overthrow of the people's elected representative" and also announced the movement of 20,000 US troops into the country,the largest deployment of American troops ever since the fall of the NRC .This was followed by declaration by the APCPS, declaring their own devotion to the "longstanding alliance we share with the Pacific States." President Jolie was also a bit enraged and she has warned that the United States should not "return to the darkness of its past". In the US, the crisis is boosting pride in Country and Flags are now prominently being displayed on the street. The crisis is gradually escalating and we can only hope it does not lead to war.
This better now @theg*ddam*hoi2fan

Yeah, the pre-empting works nicely :D And the crisis makes sense. Though maybe rather than leaving it uncertain at the end, maybe have it that at the last minute things got defused by a private arrangement by the US to pay a lump sum on Panana’s behalf to compensate the PSA for the years they spent on upkeep of the canal, which is accepted together with your idea of guaranteed access and a share of the profit. However, the US then publicises this agreement domestically. While most other nations don’t have a problem with it - a standard piece of fair diplomacy - the USA uses it as proof of ‘PSA greed’ for the folks at home, and the people and government of the PSA see it as proof of US two-facedness and thus further seeds of mistrust are sown.

Yeah, the pre-empting works nicely :D And the crisis makes sense. Though maybe rather than leaving it uncertain at the end, maybe have it that at the last minute things got defused by a private arrangement by the US to pay a lump sum on Panana’s behalf to compensate the PSA for the years they spent on upkeep of the canal, which is accepted together with your idea of guaranteed access and a share of the profit. However, the US then publicises this agreement domestically. While most other nations don’t have a problem with it - a standard piece of fair diplomacy - the USA uses it as proof of ‘PSA greed’ for the folks at home, and the people and government of the PSA see it as proof of US two-facedness and thus further seeds of mistrust are sown.
Will do, how do you think the PSA would react to this particular quote from President Palin: " I find it funny that the PSA is lecturing us about History when they seem to be reading the NRC text book with an avid focus. Isn't going in and Defending small nations supposed to earn us brownie points. Oh that's right it depends who you are defending them from. When it's big bad Uncle Sam, They will be fully at your back, when it's Sacramento its considered an outrageous provocation.Funny how it works that way.(sarcasm dripping from her entire speech).

@theg*ddam*hoi2fan I changed it for you how does it look

The Panama Canal in 2013, 9 years before the famed Panama crisis. During the Second American Civil War, the Pacific Government made an agreement to take over the lease of the United States with the Panamans. This continued with some tension until 2019, when the Panama Self Determination party took power on a platform of taking the canal, whether the PSA liked it or not. The Government tried negotiation at first but seeing that the PSA was refusing to budge on the issue, they took matters into their own hands in 2020. A group of military units took the Pacifician managers of the canal into custody and officially declared the Canal now part of Panama. President Jolee was furious at the move and the Pacifician public were incensed. The events all culminated when President Jolie was in the middle of planning to send an expeditionary force to go in, seize back the canal and overthrow the government to replace it with someone more manageable.However before they could get the force underway, events in Panama city tied her hands when Secretary of State McReynolds flew to Panama and signed a joint security and trade agreement with the Panama government. She pledged in no uncertain terms that her administration would not allow "the disruption of the sovereign right over one's own territory and the overthrow of the people's elected representative" and also announced the movement of 20,000 US troops into the country,the largest deployment of American troops ever since the fall of the NRC .This was followed by declaration by the APCPS, declaring their own devotion to the "longstanding alliance we share with the Pacific States." President Jolie was also a bit enraged and she has warned that the United States should not "return to the darkness of its past". In the US, the crisis is boosting pride in Country and Flags are now prominently being displayed on the street. The crisis continued for 8 months as both the US and PSA refused to budge. It took a nearly catastrophic incident,where an American flotilla led by two newly modernized American Aircraft carriers, the USS Sanders and the USS Casey confronted a Pacifian sub and thretaned to drop depth charges. This brought Secratary McReynolds to Sacramento where she brokered an agreement where the US would pay the PSA 20 billion dollars to compensate them for years of running the canal, guranteed them a quarter of the income from the canal and guranteed passge. This was promptly taken to the US press by the State Department, who were pissed at what they viewed as blatant PSA greed, and also pissed off the PSA for what they Viewed as two faced behavior. This sowed the seeds of distrust between the two nations which made the second great game possible. Meanwhile the Entnte and German sphere were just thankful that the crisis had ended peacefully and we're very impressed by McReynolds as a negotiator leading to the Canadian magazine Time to call her " the state woman of the 21st century." This benifted the US when dealing with foregin countries in the future,while enraging Joilee at how she and the PSA got little credit for the successful defusing.

@theg*ddam*hoi2fan I changed it for you how does it look

Mostly fine :) Just a couple of tweaks maybe:

1) Maybe have a German magazine be the complimentary one - the Canadians and the wider Commonwealth are more pro-PSA/APCPS.

2) In 2018, the US only had one carrier, as established in an earlier post - given how long it takes to build carriers maybe change those to destroyers. Palin would certainly expand the Navy but she wouldn’t have had one built in the time after her inauguration. Started yes, but...

Otherwise: all good :)

Mostly fine :) Just a couple of tweaks maybe:

1) Maybe have a German magazine be the complimentary one - the Canadians and the wider Commonwealth are more pro-PSA/APCPS.

2) In 2018, the US only had one carrier, as established in an earlier post - given how long it takes to build carriers maybe change those to destroyers. Palin would certainly expand the Navy but she wouldn’t have had one built in the time after her inauguration. Started yes, but...

Otherwise: all good :)
Thanks, what is the name of the carrier?

What do you guys think Command & Conquer: Red Alert is like ITTL?
What a coincidence, I was trying to think about how Red Alert would look like in Syndicalist-dominated world.

latest

Lead & Liberate: Red Flood is a spinoff of the popular real-time tactics video game series Lead & Liberate, which is set in an alternative history world with sci-fi elements. While it borrows from Ignas Šeinius's novel Red Flood, it has many significant differences.

In 1945, in order to prevent the bloody Second Weltkrieg, CSA physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer creates a time machine and travels to the past, in 1918, to kill German general Erich Ludendorff and secure the success of the Spartakist revolution in Germany. While both Germany and France, as the result, turn into socialist states and following revolutions in Britain and the US went earlier and much easier, there is a new enemy on the sight. Scared of the revolutions abroad, the Russian government after the Civil War succumbs to authoritarian and nationalist admiral Alexander Kolchak. The Admiral-Dictator, not chained by German obligations, is now trying to reconquer entire Europe from the Syndicalist menace, and starts the armed conflict even worse than real life second Weltkrieg.

USS Forrestal :)
Changed it,I'm Wondering what the Pacifian public think of the foregin parts of Palin's agenda . Palin right now is in the middle of what she calls the "Freedom Agenda" and her main slogan around it Is " Freedom from want at home,freedom from tyranny abroad". Basically it is a massive work and military expansion progam, combined with shall we say adventurous foregin policy. They have already increased Americas military budget from 50th in the world to 4th and have started new public roads and new urban expanion projects. She has also rolled out a new project called "Eagle helps" , which is essentially the peace corps, as a way to increase American reputation abroad and to make it easier for McReynolds to fly in and get a trade and joint security treaty,now their Modus operandi. The foreign goal is to redeem Americas reputation to Europe and forge alliances in what we would call the third world.The Home goal is to help give young people and the country as a whole work and a sense of duty to their country.

@theg*ddam*hoi2fan
Due to your hitting like the like button, I know your opinion of that. What I do have to ask is what do the Pacifians think of the Eagles help progam?

Sorry, had some RL stuff to deal with...

The Pacifican government see it as concerning, but ultimately something they can live with as long as they keep a decent strategic position - the current administration sees the Asia-Pacific as theirs natural backyard rather than the Americas. However, they - and the APCPS as a whole - would not be happy if the USA moves to try to extend influence in more countries that they have influence in. Ditto the Commonwealth.

Basically: ‘Hands out of our stewpot’ ;)