WI Sir John Monash lives to be 100

Sir John Monash was Australias greatest military commander and according to wikipedia, the last commonwealth commander to be knighted on the battlefield. In addition he was a pioneer of combined arms tactics, which made him rather distonct in comparison to allied contemporaries

The general died in 1931 OTL, which would give him an extra 34 years. He was denied the rank of field marshall due to his Jewish heritage, but I am wondering if he would be granted it had he lived longer and whether he would be able to reign in MacArthur in the Pacific theatre of WW2.

So he dies in 1965.
I'm pretty sure he'd retired from the Army in the 1920s, although he was in charge of Victoria's State Electricity commision at one point.
Say he becomes a Senator, later Minister for Defence (the Menzies Government never abolished the position).

Perhaps he would eventually be named Field Martial like Jan Smuts and become Australia's representative in the Imperial War Cabinet.
How this affects the war and Australia's role in it is another matter entirely. Perhaps he eventually becomes Australia's first
Australian Governor-General.

Bigger pre war Australians arms industry?
Greater support from Britain?
Closer post war relations?

Sir John Monash was Australias greatest military commander and according to wikipedia, the last commonwealth commander to be knighted on the battlefield. In addition he was a pioneer of combined arms tactics, which made him rather distonct in comparison to allied contemporaries

The general died in 1931 OTL, which would give him an extra 34 years. He was denied the rank of field marshall due to his Jewish heritage, but I am wondering if he would be granted it had he lived longer and whether he would be able to reign in MacArthur in the Pacific theatre of WW2.
Arguably Bill Slim was also Knighted on the Battlefield.

So he dies in 1965.
I'm pretty sure he'd retired from the Army in the 1920s, although he was in charge of Victoria's State Electricity commision at one point.
Say he becomes a Senator, later Minister for Defence (the Menzies Government never abolished the position).

Perhaps he would eventually be named Field Martial like Jan Smuts and become Australia's representative in the Imperial War Cabinet.
How this affects the war and Australia's role in it is another matter entirely. Perhaps he eventually becomes Australia's first
Australian Governor-General.

Bigger pre war Australians arms industry?
Greater support from Britain?
Closer post war relations?

He was an engineer by trade, if he became the defence minister perhaps he pushes for stronger defences to be built at Singapore and in New Guinea in response to Japanese aggression. Arguably this woupd lead to a sttonger British-Australian relationship if there are fewer losses and especially fewee POWs.