Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you could try Oldmaps.co.uk, then cross-reference with the various lists on Wikipedia, then you've got to find the old boundaries on the former.

I mean given the scale you should be fine doing it very roughly, but still.
hm, the link only refers to a dozen 17th century maps that can be bought...

oh XD

question: is there anything between counties and townships (exluding ridings in yorkshire)?

The Ridings of Yorkshire had been abolished as an administrative unit at this point. Or more specifically, Yorkshire had been, they, along with the Parts of Lincolnshire, were County Councils.

The structure went as follows:

-County Council/County Borough (County Boroughs were administratively speaking independent from the counties)

-Municipal Borough/Urban District Council/ Rural District Council (CC only)

-Parishes (RDC only, UDCs tended to have absorbed the functions of the parishes).

The first is incomplete for the 30s and has nothing for earlier, and the second both only covers the counties (easy to find) and has a number of mistakes. Neither's particularly helpful for anything other than general reference I'm afraid.

OTL 1947, if I'm not mistaken for some of the points.
The frontiers in the Middle East are squiggly and done almost entirely off memory. The European frontiers are however reliable.
TACOS color scheme (Tangiers international city colored as Morocco, Andorra as a French dominion should be the only disputable color choices), basemap by @Bob Hope.
1947.png

The Ridings of Yorkshire had been abolished as an administrative unit at this point. Or more specifically, Yorkshire had been, they, along with the Parts of Lincolnshire, were County Councils.

The structure went as follows:

-County Council/County Borough (County Boroughs were administratively speaking independent from the counties)

-Municipal Borough/Urban District Council/ Rural District Council (CC only)

-Parishes (RDC only, UDCs tended to have absorbed the functions of the parishes).

The first is incomplete for the 30s and has nothing for earlier, and the second both only covers the counties (easy to find) and has a number of mistakes. Neither's particularly helpful for anything other than general reference I'm afraid.
Hmm, that’s sad to see.

Is there any page that lists up the district changes between 1900/10 and 1930/40? That way I could use the 1931 map, compare it with the changes (eG “Warwickshire, 1912: Warwick city district is detached from Warwick disctrict” and change my map accordingly?

Hmm, that’s sad to see.

Is there any page that lists up the district changes between 1900/10 and 1930/40? That way I could use the 1931 map, compare it with the changes (eG “Warwickshire, 1912: Warwick city district is detached from Warwick disctrict” and change my map accordingly?

OK, here's your run down for England and Wales (Scotland and Norn have different pages)

For Urban Districts you should consult both this list and also this list.

For Rual Districts you should consult this list.

For municipal boroughs there is both this list and this list.

For County Boroughs there is a table on this page.

Boundary changes (e.g. Long Eaton UDC absorbing Sawley and Wilsthorpe parish in part in 1921 and with the rest in 1935) should be generally small enough to ignore.

OTL 1947, if I'm not mistaken for some of the points.
The frontiers in the Middle East are squiggly and done almost entirely off memory. The European frontiers are however reliable.
TACOS color scheme (Tangiers international city colored as Morocco, Andorra as a French dominion should be the only disputable color choices), basemap by @Bob Hope.
1947.png
Wrong thread m8.

Its actually just the Map Thread, OTL maps are allowed. You are, of course, entitled to object to that, but Draco's map wasn't posted on the wrong thread.
Okay then, not to spark a flame war or anything, but why doesn't the thread bookmark say OTL while saying Alternate History. Anyways, agree to disagree.

Anime World.png
Now with the GEACPS! I promise this is the final iteration of this map, the Anime World.

Japan pulled a Batman Gambit while pulling out troops in Manchuria to help suppress their anime rebellion, while continuing to supply, and in some cases, bolster the troops already in China proper. End result was that the Japanese were able to salvage their situation in China to some degree, but they pulled out by 1944, with Manchukuo as a puppet state of Japan. To contain the Chinese giant, Japan ended up sponsoring various independence movements within SE Asia, and established the GEACPS on a more voluntary basis. (The fact that the British Dominion of Malaysia and the White Rajahs have joined up with the GEACPS speaks volumes about its popularity. British Ceylon is currently in the process of joining.)

Last edited:
Okay then, not to spark a flame war or anything, but why doesn't the thread bookmark say OTL while saying Alternate History. Anyways, agree to disagree.

It's not really a case of agreeing to disagree; the map thread has always been for all maps that people have created themselves. There've been tons of OTL maps posted over the years. The tags are effectively meaningless, but if you want to pick at them, the tags 'alternate history' and 'maps' are separate, ergo the presence or lack of an 'OTL' tag doesn't actually make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.