Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST15RM

Banned
A lil sneek peek of my scenario ;)

empire.png

VSvyfAh.png

Here's something I did that fell to the wayside. It was mostly a project of spiltting countries in 2 and rationalizing it into a TL. I lost interest but managed to learn a few things about mapping along the way.

Jcw3

Banned
Dm61AAR.png

You asked, I will soon deliver. The world of 1940 British Empire to a Virgin Earth, 300 years on, 100 years after the first map I posted a few pages ago.

Well, here's a major landmark: The worldraj has finally reached India.

Looks awesome! I'm curious how you decide who gets to be a province, protectorate, or autonomous vassal. Since the provinces are presumably the most British in the scenario, are these meant to be the lands that the British would consider most valuable?

I'm internally debating on what Antarctica will be like. One part of me is saying "it will be one colour", the other is saying "That would be way too easy." :biggrin:
Every OTL country's overlapping claim is given status as an autonomous province of the empire so the various research stations are too busy fighting amongst each other for territory and status to unite against the worldraj.

Ten thousand likes!
Ten thousand likes!
Ten thousand likes!

EDIT - you've missed footnote "h" in Persia, BTW.

Oh I'll get that later. It's the Emirate (IIRC) of Hormuz.

Where are you doing next? Russia, India, or Africa?

Probably move on into India.

Can you imagine how balkanised India would be under this system? :eek:

Unless...it ends up being exactly the same. :biggrin:

Neat! So will India have the same borders as it did OTL or are you gonna make it even rajier?

Different borders to OTL of course. You should notice that Afghanistan already incorporates OTL overlordship territories in the Northwest Frontier and Baluchistan.

Looks awesome! I'm curious how you decide who gets to be a province, protectorate, or autonomous vassal. Since the provinces are presumably the most British in the scenario, are these meant to be the lands that the British would consider most valuable?

A lot of it is based on what I can find for what protectorates might actually exist, then working backwards. So for example in Central Asia I'd found the information on the Kazakh divisions and the southern Khanates, then it's a pretty logical thing to go 'well these were the areas in Kazakhstan that were settled by non Kazakhs, so lets have those as a set of garrison towns, and Samarkhand and the Ferghana was both the most fertile area and the area that tends to have ended up being fought over and was a direct Russian province, so lets have that as a full province, and then the Tajiks and Kyrgyz aren't organised enough for full protectorates, but a degree of autonomy makes sense.'

Wonderful. Remind me: does this WorldRaj have some sort of all-Empire parliament? If so, are just full Kingdoms (and Britain itself, of course) sending representatives?

I have a vague notion that it does and there's various interlocking layers, but I'd need to really get things down on paper before definitively answering.

I'm internally debating on what Antarctica will be like. One part of me is saying "it will be one colour", the other is saying "That would be way too easy." :biggrin:

Penguin protectorates of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.