OTL Election maps resources thread

Any particular reason for that rather interesting diagonal split?
Industrial areas, unsurprisingly - the gap between the Vienna Basin and the Mur/Mürz valley in Styria is obscured by the map but being apart from Linz and its surroundings the only ones of any size in the country historically SPÖ strength was very heavily concentrated in them. Carinthia and Burgenland, on the other hand, are and were very much local cases.

Industrial areas, unsurprisingly - the gap between the Vienna Basin and the Mur/Mürz valley in Styria is obscured by the map but being apart from Linz and its surroundings the only ones of any size in the country historically SPÖ strength was very heavily concentrated in them. Carinthia and Burgenland, on the other hand, are and were very much local cases.

Local cases for local people, presumably.

Austrian Election maps, a followup to my German Maps!

The results presented are not compete, there are still about 800,000 postal votes to be counted later in the week. Expect results to change, but not by much. These are the Present Results, followed by the ORF projected results after all ballots have been counted :

ÖVP: 31.4%-----------31.6%
FPÖ: 27.4%-------------26%
SPÖ: 26.7%-----------26.9%
NEOS: 5%--------------5.1%
PILZ: 4.1%-------------4.3%
Greens: 3.3%-----------3.9%

ObqdtbX.png

lbVnIgQ.png

Zu5t6YW.png

F9jPPsd.png

rj346DN.png

to8gwX1.png

fF9CBkl.png

Oq0t6DH.png

Light Green was used for PILZ on polls before the election, and it is a handy substitute for white - which can't be used to show margin of support.​

All data comes from:

https://wahl17.bmi.gv.at/index.html

http://orf.at/wahl/nr17/#projection

As before, the margin of victory and regional maps will come later.

I decided to take some election maps to last night's branch Labour meeting so I could demonstrate what we're up against, but I saw the 2017 results of the local elections hadn't been filled in so I had a go myself.

upload_2017-10-17_11-57-1.png

I was very distressed to learn one of the Conservative gains in Lincoln was Literally A Guy I Knew At Uni.

Thande

Donor
I decided to take some election maps to last night's branch Labour meeting so I could demonstrate what we're up against, but I saw the 2017 results of the local elections hadn't been filled in so I had a go myself.

View attachment 349543

I was very distressed to learn one of the Conservative gains in Lincoln was Literally A Guy I Knew At Uni.
Would you mind posting the consolidated vote figure so I can add the pie chart to that? Or is it on Wiki?

Would you mind posting the consolidated vote figure so I can add the pie chart to that? Or is it on Wiki?

Conservative: 53.5%
Labour: 18.9%
UKIP: 7.5%
Liberal Democrat: 5.4%
Green: 1.5%
Independent: 6.7%
Lincolnshire Independent: 6.3%
BNP: 0.03%

Thande

Donor
Conservative: 53.5%
Labour: 18.9%
UKIP: 7.5%
Liberal Democrat: 5.4%
Green: 1.5%
Independent: 6.7%
Lincolnshire Independent: 6.3%
BNP: 0.03%
Good, I'll add that and your map to our file on AJRElectionMaps if you have no objection, I will credit you for the 2017 map.

View attachment 349543

Lincolnshire may as well be re-named Toryshire East-East-Central.

Could you do one by the White population of High School only, Bacholors and Bachelors plus since education is actually the strongest predictor of trump support not income.

VT45

Banned
Missouri update:

I think that's just due to weirdness in Dave's Redistricting because of how freakishly big California is. Glendale actually was (and still is) divided up into sensible sized precincts.

What's the key for this? I'd love to do a map like this for New England.

The rabbithole does not end. It will never end. It cannot end. It's consuming me from within. I have no mouth, and I must scream.

val-de-wtb-1912.png

val-de-wtb-1912-vergleich.png

Last edited: