Run First

Chapter One Hundred and Fifteen
"The Sandinista regime in Nicaragua has committed countless human rights abuses against it's people, have backed terrorist groups within it's neighboring nations, and have served to harm the American national interest in general. The United States, along with it's allies-the Argentine Republic, the Republic of Chile, the Republic of Peru, the Republic of Guatemala, the Republic of El Salvador, the Federative Republic of Brazil, the Dominican Republic, the Oriental Republic of Uruguay, the Republic of Colombia-will no longer allow it."

"Mr Schultz, when we were asked by the people of Afghanistan to end the barrages of fundamentalist terror-backed by you and your allies-we were condemned. Now, you wish to impose yourselves onto a sovereign state in order to remove a leadership which has liberated it's people from a regime which has oppressed and exploited it's people on behalf of US economic interests."

"The Sandinista's have been backed by your country, and have given Soviet arms to Guatemalan and Salvadoran rebel groups. The nations of the America's will not let our hemisphere's integrity be further violated."

"The United States does not have right to speak about interfering in a foreign hemisphere!"

"The United States and it's allies will not back down."

"And the Soviet Union and it's allies will not forgive this."

Chapter One Hundred and Sixteen
"My fellow Americans, today we begin our quest..."

-James Buckley (1983)

"F/A 18 Hornets have begun bombing strategic targets in Nicaragua."

-Tom Brokaw (1983)

Chapter One Hundred and Seventeen
"Elements of the 82nd Marine Division have landed at several areas in Nicaragua. The Brazilian Parachute Infantry Brigade, the Argentine 4th Parachute Brigade have also landed. We are getting unconfirmed reports that Guatemalan Kabili special forces units have engaged Nicaraguan forces."

-John Chancellor (1983)

Chapter One Hundred and Eighteen
"Two landings have taken place simultaneously in Nicaragua-on the Caribbean coast, Argentine, Uruguayan, Colombian, and Dominican troops, while on the Pacific coast Chilean and Salvadoran troops. Pentagon sources report that Brazilian forces are being airlifted in to fields captured during the initial phase. American and Guatemalan troops are on standby."

-John Chancellor (1983)

Chapter One Hundred and Nineteen
"Coalition forces are entrenched in heavy fighting outside Managua. In the east, Coalition troops are entering forested territory. Peruvian and Brazilian forces have arrived in the country, but it seems the Sandinista troops intend to put up a fight for as long as they can..."

-Tom Brokaw (1983)

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty
"Sandinista troops have launched assaults on airfields captured by Coalition troops in the initial phase-hundreds of pilots, paratroopers have been killed or captured."

-John Chancellor (1983)

"The commander of Sandinista forces surrounding Managua has announced his surrender, but the National Reconstruction Junta, and the Sandinista National Directorate, are not to be found in the city itself."

-
Peter Jennings (1983)

Chapter One Hundewd and Twenty One
"I'm onboard a 'Cobra' attack helicopter. We have departed from an airfield in Bluefields, and are now searching for Sandinista activity in the forests, a search-and-destroy mission it's called."

-Tom Brokaw (1983)

"Coalition fighter bombers have struck suspected Sandinista encampments and entrenchments ahead of further infantry offensives."

-Dan Rather (1983)

Chapter Ond Hundred and Twenty Two
"Coalition forces have now launched a singular combined assault on the rural country. This will determine the outcome of the war."

-Dan Rather (1983)

"This final operation saw more casualties than the two landings combined."

-Alexander Haig (1990)

"We have engaged a Sandinista unit outside what appears to be a small... some sort of building. We are now moving forward...there's no other soldiers around, so it seems... let's go inside...just some tables, as you can see..."

"...here..."

"What...oh, this seems to be a shelter of some sort... underground shelter."

"Ready..."

"We've opened it..they're going to go down first, then clear us..."

-Tom Brokaw (1983)

"My fellow Americans, Coalition forces in Nicaragua have uncovered the hiding place of the Sandinista regime. The countryside has been taken, and we can finally say that victory has been achieved. God Bless those men and women who have given their lives in pursuit of freedom, God Bless their Families, and God Bless America."

-James Buckley (1983)

"The President's approval rating now sits at 70%"

-John Chancellor (1983)

Sandinistas will never die. Buckley will try to secure Contras dominion in Nicaragua like Bush Jr has done in Iraq, but a Sandinista guerrilla will make the american troops bleed.

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Three
"I hereby announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. We need a leader that will put American interests before any other country's interests, and if the people of this country be willing I will provide such leadership."

-Larry MacDonald (1983)

"We need a President that will care for the people, that promotes peace with other nations of the world. I hereby announce my candidacy for this high office, guided by these just causes."

-Ron Dellums (1983)

"This country needs competent, efficient government that does more than cut taxes for the rich. I'm running for President, and if the people give me their trust they won't be disappointed."

-Cliff Finch (1983)

"I'm running for President because I believe in fiscal responsibility. I believe that people know better than the government. I believe that we can make this country a better place if we stick true to these concepts."

-George Ariyoshi (1983)

"I have one of the strongest records for standing up for the values of this Party, and I'm running for President to continue this fight and see that America is once again a place for caring and openess."

-Howard Metzenbaum (1983)

(Thanks to Quaid-e-Azanm and the Congressman for their help in coming up with these candidates)