Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAsHOIq.png

As it should be.
Y'all know I go through cycles. Waking Country A, Country B, Country C, then Balkanizing Countries D, E, and F before dropping an original IP in the form of Country G. As a whole this wank isn't even that bad comparitively. It doesn't have Canada (though I had planned for it), nor does it have many other typical Ameriwank goodies.

But for the time being, this is it. As I am probably gonna move towards something new(ish) soon(ish)

Made a quick little thing to show US States. Showing some new states and some renamed states. Convention in the US was not to name any states after Presidents or other Founding Fathers.

West Virginia took the proposed name of Kanawha to distance it further from the rebellious Virginia Washington State is renamed to Cascadia. Other new states listed below
  1. Philippines: One state, granted unique representation by Amendment to limit the total power of the state.
  2. Guam and the Marianas: Guam and Saipan are the only islands permitted visitation by persons not of Chamorro descent.
  3. Samoa
  4. Liberia
  5. Puerto Rico
  6. Cuba: admitted after the Cuban Revolution turned into a bloody civil war and the Pro-American faction came out victorious.
  7. Muskogee
  8. Crockett: Named for the Frontiersman and Statesman from the region who successfully championed its admittance to the Union
  9. Accomack: Eastern Virginia and parts of the Eastern Shore of Maryland seceded into the Confederate States during the Civil War. Re-organized, they petitioned for statehood shortly after the Civil War.
  10. Plymouth
  11. Superior: The Upper Peninsula became a state just before the American Civil War, further polarizing the Southern States.
  12. Cimarron: Organized from the Neutral Strip and the Texas panhandle north of the Red River after the Civil War. Mostly ranch land.
  13. Estacado: Split from Texas after the Civil War. Named for the Spanish translation of Palisade walls the region resembles.
  14. New Leon: one of two states created after the Confederate Annexation of the Filibuster Republic of the Rio Grande. Later annexed into the United States after the defeat of the Confederate States in the American Civil War.
  15. Cordova: the second state of the Filibuster Republic of the Rio Grande. (Coahuila)
  16. Coyote: annexed and renamed by the United States after nearly four decades of occupation. Northwest Mexico was a hotbed for Cartels, Mexican Revolutionaries, and Confederate Revanchists after the Mexican-American war; with the later group fleeing to the lawless region after their defeat to continue guerilla attacks and raids against American (Yankee) settlers. With the Revolutionaries being funded by the Cartels and supplied by the Confederates, the attacks were nearly constant after July 4th 1865 and continued until the US Occupied the regions in the spring of 1868. The California Peninsula, which was free from aggressive activity, was directly annexed into the state of California once the occupation began. Coyote (Chihuahua) was the first region occupied (1865), and the last pacified, with statehood coming in 1902; 37 years after initial occupation began.
  17. Sonora: annexed by the United States during the Intervention. Cartel activity in this region was the highest of all occupied territories. Eventually the populace was repulsed by the violence of the Cartels and aided the Americans in expelling them from the region. Statehood came soon after in 1882, sixteen years after the initial occupation of the area. The first of the Mexican Intervention regions to be incorporated into the US.
  18. Sierra: After the Cartels began to lose ground in Sonora, they retreated to the state of Sinaloa, this brought the territory into the Revolutionary Republic of Confederate Mexico as the fourth state (though no official government was ever organized). Joint American and Mexican occupation of the territory began soon after and continued until 1879, when the Mexican Army was routed at the First Battle of Culiacan in June. American Forces arrived weeks later and crushed the combined Cartel and Revolutionary armies in the Second Battle of Culiacan in August. The Mexican Army was again defeated in the Battle of Mazatlan in November of the same year and left the territory to the Americans in order to fight the revolutionaries elsewhere. The American forces pacified the region and admitted it as a state in 1888, and was renamed to Sierra.
  19. Durango: a hotbed for Revolutionary activity beginning in 1867, the region was not initially a part of the fighting with Americans until the defeat of the Revolutionary Army at the Battle of Parral in 1879 and the American forces pursued the revolutionaries to Villa Hidalgo. According to the Revolutionaries, the Americans had slaughtered the families of the village and burned the whole town to the ground. American forces claim that it was the Confederate Revanchists who had burned the town down when the locals refused to allow them to use it as a base of operations. Durango was not occupied by Americans until after the Battle of Jimenez, which saw the American forces retreat from the battle as ammunition ran low. This withdrawal from the city saw the Revolutionaries pursue the Americans for days, continuing the fight until the American 7th Cavalry chased off the pursuers back to Durango. In the Following Weeks, American armies occupied the northern portions of the territory in 1881 and the whole state by 1884. Mexican Armies sparred with the Revolutionaries until their defeats in Sinaloa forced them to adopt a new strategy. The American Army pacified the region and it was formally purchased by the United States in 1889, becoming a state later that same year.
  20. Kootenai: formed from the eastern third of Cascadia, the Idaho Panhandle, and the counties of Montana west of the Great Continental Divide. The region, geographically separated from all original states, joined together to form their own state based upon their mutual self interests.
You'll also notice the red border that follows the OTL border of Texas and Chihuahua. I am curious if I should make that a separate state as well or leave it as a part of Chihuahua. Let me know what y'all think and if you can come up with other names for states I've added. I think I may make this map more inclusive of my typical Ameriwanks but eh, maybe another time.

Y'all know I go through cycles. Waking Country A, Country B, Country C, then Balkanizing Countries D, E, and F before dropping an original IP in the form of Country G. As a whole this wank isn't even that bad comparitively. It doesn't have Canada (though I had planned for it), nor does it have many other typical Ameriwank goodies.

But for the time being, this is it. As I am probably gonna move towards something new(ish) soon(ish)

This is peasantry. A REAL Ameriwank looks like this:
Wc1frra.png

There is the question of legitimacy and connecting your dynasty to the civilizations that were respected and, to a degree, emulated on multiple continents. Wondering more about the Italian areas though, given how the heir. To the French Empire was King of Rome initially, and I doubt that they would downgrade future heirs in stature. Ports also become a bit useless in this world. And the Italians are all going to be enraged in one form or another.

Isn't it time Alantropa was dropped outside of ASB scenarios? All you're getting is a lot of salt-soaked wasteland smelling of fish at the expense of your ports and beaches.

Completely forgot about my language ISOT series! Take this one, hope you like it :)
Quite interesting, but I have some questions:
What happened to Aral Sea? Isn't it a virgin Earth?
Very strange to see Russians establishing oblasts across the Mongolia's wastes and Gobi desert.
And why is there so little presence in the Middle East? Did they phase out the fossil fuels in favor of renewables/nuclear?

Very strange to see Russians establishing oblasts across the Mongolia's wastes and Gobi desert.
And why is there so little presence in the Middle East? Did they phase out the fossil fuels in favor of renewables/nuclear?

I think Russia has enough oil for itself that it doesn't really need to have presence in the Middle East!

OTL is an America wank

Quoted for truth, as @LSCatilina said with one of my posts.

Isn't it time Alantropa was dropped outside of ASB scenarios? All you're getting is a lot of salt-soaked wasteland smelling of fish at the expense of your ports and beaches.
While I agree with the general idea that it would be a huge disaster, I was reading an argument that because of the pretty slow rate that the water level would drop, that people/countries would have time to enrich the new lands so they wouldn't be wasteland. Additionally, I would say that the only ASB part is it being successful, you could have a failed Atlantropa not be ASB.

Not in Virgin earth

They're not olbasts per se, just territories that have reached old Mongolia's population density, which passes them off as "Settled"

Renewables are now more used than fossil fuels, and even if oil is need Russia can always buy it from Hedjaz, or establish an oil rig in Kuwait if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.