The M-BAM Main Thread

This large patch of the Nordic countries shows all the things I've been doing
View attachment 330069
1: I finnished Finland finally!
Finland was delayed for 2 reasons. One I'd been doing the wrong second levels, luckily I was able to fix it with fair ease. and two the first levels were a bit wrong in some places, but then I made a bigger mistake so I had to fix that by finding the MBAM so I could gain access to the old border.

2: minor pixel changes to Denmark & Sweden as well as a fix to one of Sweden's northern border due to the fact that it was severely out of proportions.

3: certain places gained some more islands. Nothing too noticeable tho
(I also fixed northern Norway in that, in all versions of the MBAM since Norway was finished, some of the second levels in Finnmark was missing, so now they should be there when the next "current MBAM" is uploaded)

Just copy-paste the entire patch into the MBAM and you'll be golden.
This patch holds basically every country I've made second levels for >D

(except for Djibouti & Kuwait of course.)
Very well done! If you also want to do Colombia, you know, there are fewer 2nd levels than in Uruguay....

Finland doesnt have way more lakes than that?

The map is still a bit lacking in that regard. For example Lake Saimaa, the fourth-largest freshwater lake in Europe, has been reduced to a small number of little lakes. It is as if Finland is going through a severe drought many years in a row...

It is not my wish to bash you in any way, T-Mag 3004, you have been doing a lot of work with the map. But if we are nitpicking, then for a local at least Finland does not yet look very familiar.

EDIT: I think one way to go about it could be to check out the ten largest lakes (lake systems, really) in Finland and try to do them as meticulously as possible. After that, even without the rest of the smaller lakes, Finland would appear much closer to the truth.

The Saimaa:

GreaterSaimaa.gif

Last edited:
The map of Finland I worked on didn't have Lake Saimaa or Lake Päijänne or Inari, Oulujärvi etc, etc
though if somebody wants to do only the biggest lakes, I suggest this somewhat simple map:
upload_2017-6-25_11-6-4.png

The map of Finland I worked on didn't have Lake Saimaa or Lake Päijänne or Inari, Oulujärvi etc, etc
though if somebody wants to do only the biggest lakes, I suggest this somewhat simple map:
View attachment 330115

That would help somewhat. Rather curiously several names on that map are spelled wrong, though, so always remember to be careful with sources.

For different map options, you could try if the site of the National Land Survey of Finland helps. There are different map options to choose from in their service. There you can also get old printed maps as image file downloads from all parts of the country.

Last edited: