Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the logistical nightmare of the Ungava being ruled from Winnipeg. Or the sheer wagging-the-dog factor of Manitoba being ruled from York Factory, if you're going down that route. Rupert's Land really only makes sense as a territorial unit when the Prairies are unsettled.

Well... that was a lot of drama that I missed. I was about ready to upload a map for fun, but when I did it last night i apparently didn't save it when closed.

Rip.

BANDWAGON INTENSIFIES

View attachment 323540

The world roughly 200 years after an ASB transports all Oriental Orthodox Christians to a virgin Earth (or, at this point, with so many ISOT's, a lightly used Earth :p ). Ethiopia is the reigning superpower, but is at odds with it's rival Eritrea. There just aren't enough Copts compared to Ethiopians to really make Egypt a superpower, but it is slowly getting there.

However, across the sea, the Mayan Syriac Christians have constructed a sprawling empire across Latin America. And, as lots of expansion opportunities are already taken by more abrasive tribelets, some more adventurous folks look across the sea, to lands now only spoke of in legends. And soon, the West will make known that they still exist, and they have a voice.

Well today I learned something new.

An educational map of Dana, a Celtic Danubian empire in this timeline's Renaissance period. The realm is increasingly centralised, as the traditional governments of the 'tribes' find themselves less powerful compared to the high court in Evisca. The High King's traditional rivals, both domestic (e.g. the Upper Danubian mayoralties, the Transylvanian princes) and foreign (e.g. Silla, Sacheny, Lyria, the Sarmatians) are less powerful than ever. No one is seriously predicting the decline of the realm any time soon, but then again, no one seriously predicted the recent discovery of the Far Western Empires, either...
The concept for this region is a succession of overlapping Celtic, Latin and Greek micro-empires. I had an idea that, after collapsing during the Social War, the Latins export a warrior aristocratic structure across many Mediterranean mini-kingdoms, while the Arverni form the nucleus of a pan-Gaulish federation (and eventually a Europe-spanning empire). A semi-monotheistic religion, Columbanism, develops from the Roman cult of Venus, which somehow spreads across the Mediterranean to become the 'native' religion of the Italics, Greeks, Punics and Celts. The Arverni fall, and a couple of empires later, we have Dana, an empire based on the Celtic peoples of Pannonia and the Upper Danube, ruling over Germanic, Dacian and other minorities in OTL Bohemia, Transylvania, and the Balkans. Europe's modern landscape is a messy gradient from Celtic-ish to Latin-ish to Greek-ish, with a whole lot of ancient ethnic groups surviving in some form.

Naming alternate cities quickly turns from fun to tedious, to be honest. The map started out as a little practice based on the shape of the Danube basin, but it's probably my most advanced map so far. Any suggestions or critiques?

Beautiful map!

I know its redious work but seeing Leipzig, Dresden and Crakow on the map is sadly a bit immersion breaking.

Religious map of Mandatory Palestine, assuming the Crusaders have won

Jerusalem religion small.png

Yellow: Latins
Orange: Greek Orthodox
Red: Maronite
Purple: Samaritans
Blue: Jews
Green: Muslims
Lime: Druze

And.. after the creation of Israel.
Jerusalem religion 1950 small.png

Consists of
  1. Gaza Strip (Gaza, Muslims). Official language: Arabic
  2. Kingdom of Jerusalem and Galilee ( Jerusalem, Latin and Greek state) Official language: Palestinian Christian Aramaic and Jesamienne (Descendant of Old French)
  3. State of Israel (Hebron, Jews)
  4. Jordan valley Muslims join Kingdom of Jordan

Why are the Muslims concentrated in Gaza and West Bank like in OTL to begin with?
I'm wondering more how there are so many Jews and so few Franks/Latins/Normans/Europeans. At least going by how formerly Latin majority coastal areas turned into a solid block of blue. Meh, lot of time passed. Probably population exchanges on a massive scale.

Post-apocalypse, the UK was federalized (HRE-style) albeit under one king/prince/duke. They were able to get most of Ireland in too. The Scottish Lowlands merged with England (and Man merged with Northern Ireland) for solely economic reasons (they liked the respective parliaments and PMs better there, and it's possible ale or whisky was involved).
What is the deal with the northwest of Ireland?

shouldnt these be showing the three Allied zones or how they were reunified and how originally they were all just occupation zones? I also notice that oyu include foreign countries (Luxembourg) and countries the Germans never officially annexed and made a point of not annexing (Alsace-Lorriane). Plus there are the culture issues. Really, I don't see this as a thought experience so much as an experiment in showing off loud propoganda of the sort the Germans and Hungarians used isn't eh Interwar period.

The Democratic People's Republic of Kentucky (DPRK):
Very interesting map!

I feel bad for france
Have you done anything like this for other language groups?

And here be the infographic map of INVADERS FROM OUR SOLAR SYSTEM. Has most information about the world in the areas.
Interesting map.

I'm wondering more how there are so many Jews and so few Franks/Latins/Normans/Europeans. At least going by how formerly Latin majority coastal areas turned into a solid block of blue. Meh, lot of time passed. Probably population exchanges on a massive scale.

I'm trying to work out why a state of Israel would even be created if Palestine appears to be majority Christian.

Forgot to write, the first map is supposed to be in early 20th century.
At first the Crusaders were happier to see more Jews than Muslims in the realm. Later the Jews were joined by a the sionist movement.
Similar to the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians, many locals were expelled from their homes. The aim of Israel was to connect the coast to Hebron, which succeeded. The aim to conquer access to the sea of Genezareth failed however.
The Latins lost the most, and had to leave from most of the coast, to relocate to Acre and Tiberias.
At last the peace treaty drew the borders, and refugees lacked possibilities to return.
Jews however surrendered all of Galilee

Or just Zionist magic.

Forgot to write, the first map is supposed to be in early 20th century.
At first the Crusaders were happier to see more Jews than Muslims in the realm. Later the Jews were joined by a the sionist movement.
Similar to the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians, many locals were expelled from their homes. The aim of Israel was to connect the coast to Hebron, which succeeded. The aim to conquer access to the sea of Genezareth failed however.
The Latins lost the most, and had to leave from most of the coast, to relocate to Acre and Tiberias.
At last the peace treaty drew the borders, and refugees lacked possibilities to return.
Jews however surrendered all of Galilee
Surrendered Galilee? Did you have a different wording for that in mind? Because form what I can tell from these maps, they would be able to surrender it as much as South Korea can surrender the Aouzou strip to Paraguay. Not theirs to surrender, and the others had no chance of getting it. A little odd that the people of Lebanon, Cyprus, Greece, Sicily, etc didn't come to go anything about the Jewish upsurgance, but I assume butterflies and the time difference doesn't have them cave as much, and it allows the basically Arab Christian population of the Kingdom of Jerusalem to have a buffer with Negev/Gaza/Egypt, as well as making it clear just how different they are from the European Jews coming in. Surprised Jerusalem didn't have a revolution or coup to topple th eking after losing so much land, and a Reoublic of Palestine being set up. Now wouldn't that be fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.