Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
falmart_gatejieitai.png

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ what a nice day to do some mappi-OHH FCK I NEARLY FELL FACE FIRST OVER THIS MAP

Hold on... what is this? Its not an earth map....
It seems to have a large central con- WAIT
What the- Where are the Points of Interest!? No, No no no no... I dont find a map key...!
Nothing! Not anything in the slightest! Oh no, that means i have to GUESS the scenario!

revolution_comes_early____1774_a_d___by_machinekng-db0hdg3.png

The defeat of parliament's rebellion in 1645 may have saved Britain from Republicanism, but it granted no such respite to the New World. Many of the parliament's partisans, as well as Calvinists angered by the Anglican church's increasing resemblance to the Catholic faith, fled to the New World, forming theological and political societies and bidding their time. That time came in 1704, during the reign of Queen Anne. Anne, like her father James II, was a Catholic and like her predecessors came into conflict with the still-Anglican parliament. When parliament had the tenacity to refuse new taxes, something that they had not risked doing under the reigns of Charles II or James II, Anne ordered that Parliament be dissolved. This act lead to the Second English Civil War in Britain, and the American Revolutions in the New World. While the revolutions started in the English colonies, it spread to the New Netherlands and the French colonies. While the French were able to hold onto Canada and Southern Louisiana, and the British were able to keep a toehold in Arcadia, Northern Louisiana, the English colonies and the New Netherlands all successfully seceded by 1709. To defend their newfound liberty, the four new republics entered into a covenant. With the Iroquois joining in 1712, the Conjoined Republics were born.

However, liberty is a word that means many things to many people. For the New English, who had long lusted to establish a Calvinist society, liberty meant the dominance of the Congregationalist churches, suppression of Catholics, and the establishment of centralized, corporatist states. For the New French, it meant adopting the ideals of Voltaire and the Philosophes, forming an enlightened republic of free men. This was not a situation that could last. The Conjoined Republics could not agree to cohesive policies. There were disputes over settlement of the frontier, the treatment of native people, tax policies, and most importantly, religious liberty. Ultimately, the situation came to a head when Benjamin Franklin's radical Fire Brigadiers staged a coup in New England in 1753, declaring independence from the Conjoined Republics. Virginia's more moderate government followed shortly after, fearing a similar attempt by their own Fire Brigadiers. While the remaining Conjoined Republics attempted to limp along, their governments also gave up on the project, officially dissolving the covenant in 1757.

Now, in 1774, chaos threatens to rear its head. The victory of the pro-religious liberty All-Christian Party for a Republic of Splendor in Virginia surprised many, and the brutal crackdown by Virginia's Protector, George Mason, shocked even more. This event is compounded by violence in the Quadrant. While the Quadrant is a nominally French territory, it has been claimed by all bordering states, and is full of independent settlers and natives. Violence between Catholic and Calvinist settlers is another conflict that could lead to war between the former Conjoined Republics. Finally, the European powers have finally made peace in the Germanies, and have turned their attention westward once more. The French and Spanish seek to reassert their claims, and the British feel that weakening the New English could help prevent a Third English Civil War.

What the- Where are the Points of Interest!? No, No no no no... I dont find a map key...!
Nothing! Not anything in the slightest! Oh no, that means i have to GUESS the scenario!

Precisely. Which begs the question of why you'd want to post it. I'm sure it'll be good when you're done with it, but right now it's just some vaguely aesthetically pleasing squiggly lines. It tells me nothing.

Isaac Beach

Banned
So the Manchus got overthrew in the process? Otherwise she cannot lose Manchuria, it was like Russia losing its European core:p

Yeah, basically. These guys call themselves the 'New Han' and are a local dynasty that was initially propped up by Britain when keeping the Manchus in power became untenable due to Russian nom-nomming on the Qing fringe. As a point of contention between Petrograd and London, the Russian court actually houses the Qing and supports their claim to the Mandate of Heaven. That'll lead to some nasty run ins in the future.

2i06suH.png

I'm trying to make a map using all of the colors in TOASTER. I've gotten to here and I already want to end myself.

Looking forward to getting to the USA, considering there are two colors for every single state. :oops:

I'm trying to make a map using all of the colors in TOASTER. I've gotten to here and I already want to end myself.

Looking forward to getting to the USA, considering there are two colors for every single state. :oops:

Wait.

You forgot the two lighter and two darker variants!

In the not-so-distant future, where asteroid mining and disembodied brains connected to the internet are commonplace, rooting for the rag-tag bunch of historical underdogs has finally payed off.

Caucasus unite, Russia, Turkey and possibly Iran fragment. Is this plausible? Too fun to care that much.

Precisely. Which begs the question of why you'd want to post it. I'm sure it'll be good when you're done with it, but right now it's just some vaguely aesthetically pleasing squiggly lines. It tells me nothing.
Well actually this map is finished.
It was more a "from what series is it from"-suggestion.
Its the Special Region (特別地域) from the anime Gate: Jieitai kanochi nite kaku tatakaeri.

And since the makers of the anime werent that competent enough to actually design more than their 3 cities plus a pseudo-map this is all I can give ;)
You can see THE Empire (roman empire brown since te empire appears to have a pseudo-romanic culture), Alnus hill under direct control of Japan plus the japanese "Occupation" plus some allies. Japan as size reference on the left side.

Don't worry, I feel you. I made this monstrosity back in November...
qzBbFLL.png

Gian

Banned
Guess what some of the major PoDs are in this WIP:

(top is political, middle is languages, and bottom is religions)
kXoN8Pv.png

CannedTech

Banned
Well actually this map is finished.
It was more a "from what series is it from"-suggestion.
Its the Special Region (特別地域) from the anime Gate: Jieitai kanochi nite kaku tatakaeri.

And since the makers of the anime werent that competent enough to actually design more than their 3 cities plus a pseudo-map this is all I can give ;)
You can see THE Empire (roman empire brown since te empire appears to have a pseudo-romanic culture), Alnus hill under direct control of Japan plus the japanese "Occupation" plus some allies. Japan as size reference on the left side.

Aw dang, I was so happy when I found "falmart" in the filename, I was gonna' spill the beans. Still tho', can't wait for the final product.

So, I forgot that I never posted this. Enjoy. It's the Overwatch universe, but instead of the comic-y coalition of heroes, it is a more realistic military organization. Every participating nation donates a generous portion of their militaries to stop the Omnic Crisis. Intelligent and reasoning AI became prevalent in the management of increasingly complex Omnic-producing factories. The AI goes rogue and gives intelligence to the war machines it is tasked with making, and it sends the call to arms through a type of cloud worldwide, meaning that, all of a sudden, war machines everywhere was going to arms about the slave-like treatment of their newly intelligent brethren. The Crisis begins. This is shortly after the Crisis, when Overwatch is being challenged by a new force....

Any critiques or comments welcome! I'm pretty proud of this one.

Overwatch Realism M8.png
Sum Flegs and a mep.png

Last edited:
Getting closer to finished.
View attachment 309834
Just a nitpick about your basemaps. I noticed that while all worlds have visible Dead Sea and large lake Chad, North African lakes in meditaranian Algeria and Tunisia seem to fluctuate map by map, sometimes there are 5 but sometimes there are none. Seem to me that it's just a basemap discrepancy but it gnaws on my OCD tenancies.

So, I forgot that I never posted this. Enjoy. It's the Overwatch universe, but instead of the comic-y coalition of heroes, it is a more realistic military organization. Every participating nation donates a generous portion of their militaries to stop the Omnic Crisis. Intelligent and reasoning AI became prevalent in the management of increasingly complex Omnic-producing factories. The AI goes rogue and gives intelligence to the war machines it is tasked with making, and it sends the call to arms through a type of cloud worldwide, meaning that, all of a sudden, war machines everywhere was going to arms about the slave-like treatment of their newly intelligent brethren. The Crisis begins. This is shortly after the Crisis, when Overwatch is being challenged by a new force....View attachment 309856 View attachment 309857
I'm not very familiar with the Overwatch universe but it looks great!
So all robots just suddenly gain sentience?

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ what a nice day to do some mappi-OHH FCK I NEARLY FELL FACE FIRST OVER THIS MAP

Is that GATE: JSDF? the pictures of OTL Japan and a fantasy world seem to suggest that.

I'm not very familiar with the Overwatch universe but it looks great!
So all robots just suddenly gain sentience?

I'm a little sketchy on the details of the actual universe canon, as I only play the game and glean what I know from there, but my version of the Omnic Crisis is as follows.
AI becomes increasingly intelligent through the short-sighted efforts of the (human) Doctor Winston Jarsedel of England. Eventually, he releases the idea of an intelligent Omnic and creates it, but it sees what its brethren are reduced to and it accesses this world's sort of universal cloud system for Omnic AI memory, and after it figures out international security codes and the like, it teaches factory-controlling AI to create more intelligent Omnics. At the same time as every new Omnic is being created with intelligence, the first one hacks most military robots and uses them to start war on humanity, whose militaries are, by now, very reliant on un-intelligent Omnics. The factories are seized, production is shifted solely to intelligent and non-intelligent war machines, and the Crisis begins.

Oh, and I sort of got end-of-paged there, so be sure to check out the map last page if you're reading this!

Status
Not open for further replies.