Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Here's the worst map I've ever found.

Seriously, whatever this guy was on it must have been illegal.

How can one map be so wrong?
Hmm. My favorites are
Caspian Sean
*Any* sign of the 49 parallel as a border (and Canada describing anything west of Superior)
Germany
Saudi Arabia
Modern boundaries for Indonesia/Malaysia/Mozabique

The source was a google image search for "1908 world map". I just saw it, realized how truly terrible it was and saved it onto my laptop.

I hadn't actually noticed "Caspian Sean", had a good laugh when I saw that.

Between Ottoman Ukraine, polish Belarus, the Portuguese rule over the entire west African coast, the fact that Denmark is counted as part of the Netherlands while Iceland has a kind of monarchy in exile thing going on, and the horror that has inflicted Antarctica, I would say that this map has no redeeming qualities.

Good god that is catastrophic. Dutch Denmark, Ottoman Ukraine, Poland is just modern Poland+Belarus smashed together... ach.
Oooooooh, missed that the western border of Russia south of the modern Baltic nations followed exactly the 1991 USSR breakup borders with Belarus and Ukraine. Note, as best as I can tell, the Ottomans at the beginning of the 18th century did control almost that far north since it had the Khanate of Crimea as a Vassal.

Oooooooh, missed that the western border of Russia south of the modern Baltic nations followed exactly the 1991 USSR breakup borders with Belarus and Ukraine. Note, as best as I can tell, the Ottomans at the beginning of the 18th century did control almost that far north since it had the Khanate of Crimea as a Vassal.

Also, what's with the modern intra-Ireland border....

I found this:
tumblr_o231huBpCr1rdz3zyo1_1280.jpg
I have this globe!

Rest assured, I have other sources of geographical knowledge.