The M-BAM Main Thread

In my humble opinion, it is better to use these colors as a standart scheme
Scheme.png

Like here for Azerbaijan
10x_you_ashtagon.png

Last edited:
Hi guys it me the creator of thread(archduke of the M-BAM). This colors discussion seems silly and I originally set out to have the map just be the standard grey, silver, and gold boundaries.

Hi guys it me the creator of thread(archduke of the M-BAM). This colors discussion seems silly and I originally set out to have the map just be the standard grey, silver, and gold boundaries.
With all due respecht mister pogoboy20 but ever since the creation of the map all you've done is messing around with belgium...
to me it looks like the people who really did create the map are J.Gouw, Fluttersky and Stateless
No offense intended

Last edited:
I admit my input into the map have has been lacking if not absent. I really wanted this map so I could show the third level divisions within countries. I might pickup on Italy's divisions.

If you guys would care to hear an outsider's opinion, i think this thread should just be about making the map, people can always color it how they want later.

Every color scheme argument can be destroyed with the following:

1. The point of a color scheme is to remove the requirement of a key or on-map text to define what nations are where. The colors serve as a hardline visual distinction for both what nations are where and the physical extent thereof. As such, they are quite useful.
2. When a color scheme extends in scope:
a. beyond a number of humanly recognizable and/or
b. visually distinguishable colors,​
a key for the color scheme itself is required to know what nations are where and the physical extent thereof.
3. Therefore, large color schemes not only run contradictory to the purpose of a color scheme, they are detrimental to the enjoyment and readability of the maps on which they’re used.
4. Color schemes that differ from other color schemes damage user experience, as the colors they had memorized for various nations no longer apply. So there would have to be a key on the map that tells you what color scheme is being used so that you can know what part of your memory to access. But then you’re wasting precious memory on something as stupid as a color scheme.

So rather than whine about colors and rather than self-aggrandize about who is doing what work on the map, why not just bang this puppy out? Any more of this complaining and I’ll be upset and depressed (with myself, not you guys; I don’t care about drama at all) just take my vector world map–which has all of this data on it already–fix the borders so that they don’t stick out over the coastlines, and find a way to make it more publicly available so that people can have a huge map to use.

So the Serbo-Croatian border disputes are too small to show? Or is there a pixel of terra nullis in there?

Ah, shame. I guess I'll just attempt to connect them up myself in the future. What could go wrong?

That's actually a good idea, like to have an all connected one just for reference. But like you said it could crash some people's computers, so if you do make it maybe put it on some image sharing website and post a link?

Chicxulub

Banned
I did it! Paint.NET only crashed 4 times!
37lqt2a3ylix.png

Edit: And that's not even the version with the Q-BAM for the background! That one didn't feel like working. :/
It loads fine for me, the only things that freeze my computer are EU IV and Youtube, oddly enough.

to me it looks like the people who really did create the map are J.Gouw, Fluttersky and Stateless

Thanks for the credit, but others have done much more work than me. I did about half of the British coastline, a few Italian islands, and that's about it. Most of my posts have been supplementary work (e.g. joining stuff together), rather that directly adding to the map.