LTTW Mapping Project!

I just haven't finished the map yet.
I have.

LTTW.png

If I ever get the time I'm going to rework some of the borders in Africa. The whole 'enormous random swathe' look just seems a bit unnatural, even if Thande did do that himself. Obviously the edits I make wouldn't be 'canon', but it's just bothersome to me on a personal level. :p

Edit: As an aside, I wonder if it would be worth removing the internal borders from the UPA's vassal states, because they make it really confusing.

Here I added the subdivisions of the Ottoman empire, they aren't canon but they are based on the actual divisions at the time when butterfly's. would hit. I might add Russia and China (which has canon divisions) tomorrow.
LTTW.png

Here I added the subdivisions of the Ottoman empire, they aren't canon but they are based on the actual divisions at the time when butterfly's. would hit. I might add Russia and China (which has canon divisions) tomorrow.

Couple questions:

1) Why is La Perousie not the same color as France proper; did it some kind of associate status?
2) Shouldn't the Cape Republic (orange in South Africa) and Batavia, as full members of the Hermandad, have the same "Meridian-occupied" color scheme as the rest of the alliance? Especially if Siam has it...

Also, for Africa proper, this is more of a thematic choice, but given how close the map is to the Congress of Rome/deciding borders in Africa, might we want to only show coastal as held, and the rest as terra nullus with claim borders approximating the above borders? I know we have an 1885 basemap doing something similar...just a thought.

Also, for Africa proper, this is more of a thematic choice, but given how close the map is to the Congress of Rome/deciding borders in Africa, might we want to only show coastal as held, and the rest as terra nullus with claim borders approximating the above borders? I know we have an 1885 basemap doing something similar...just a thought.
That's how Thande showed it.

Couple questions:

1) Why is La Perousie not the same color as France proper; did it some kind of associate status?
2) Shouldn't the Cape Republic (orange in South Africa) and Batavia, as full members of the Hermandad, have the same "Meridian-occupied" color scheme as the rest of the alliance? Especially if Siam has it...

1) I kept it light blue because I'm 95% sure that La Perousie has some autonomous government. If not, I'm sure Thande will correct me and it'll be a simple fix.
2) The Cape and Batavia are apart of the Hermandad but they have a lot more autonomy from the UPSA. I gave Siam the influenced color-scheme because the exact nature between them and the UPSA was a bit unclear. So I marked it just to be safe.

I still feel Batavia should be a Dutch orange.
To me that would imply that it's the Dutch government in exile. But Batavia is more like a successor state like the Diadochi of Alexander's empire. First, it's administration was already independent from the Netherlands. Second, it has no desire or motivation to restore the Dutch state in any form. And finally, I feel that the Indonesian color best reflects this transition and makes it clear that it's a new republic based around the East Indies instead of a continuation of the Netherlands.

To me that would imply that it's the Dutch government in exile. But Batavia is more like a successor state like the Diadochi of Alexander's empire. First, it's administration was already independent from the Netherlands. Second, it has no desire or motivation to restore the Dutch state in any form. And finally, I feel that the Indonesian color best reflects this transition and makes it clear that it's a new republic based around the East Indies instead of a continuation of the Netherlands.
But it's still a Dutch dominated nation. I feel the Indonesia blue makes it look like a native state.

The colouring of the Royal Africa Company and its client states needs to be changed.
The pink suggest that its still more British-influenced than American influenced which seems to be no longer the case.