Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another in my continuing series, this time, the Farside Commonwealth. Like the Nearside Commonwealth, Republican Sarah Winstead managed to win a plurality of votes, though Democrat Benjamin G. Thurman won a majority of the commonwelath's electoral votes. He won narrow margins in the large, urban states of the southern coast. He did particularly well in the blue collar corridor in the states of Alignak-Saratoga-Jefferson and especially well in the state of Tuskegee, which is home to a large African-American plurality. The northern suburbs and corporate farms went Republican, as did the mountainous far north home to large numbers of tsukagis.

VVDdcvq.png

Saturn has always had more major, spheroid moons than Jupiter.
Bah. Jupiter is famously the really big planet with a ton of moons, whereas Saturn is famously the really big planet with the really pretty rings. If'n you're gonna do a pulp story, I maintain Jupiter should have more moons than it's flashier neighbor.

What happened to the Oort cloud? I'm guessing all the post-third asteroid belt (just call it the scattered disc, please) stuff all the way to the fourth asteroid belt is all Oort cloud, so including Tyche and Nemesis.

Also, I'm quite glad that you made Tyche and Nemesis actual things (Tyche could exist in the outer Oort cloud, while it's unlikely Nemesis is real).

Bah. Jupiter is famously the really big planet with a ton of moons, whereas Saturn is famously the really big planet with the really pretty rings. If'n you're gonna do a pulp story, I maintain Jupiter should have more moons than it's flashier neighbor.
Jupiter does have four of the biggest moons (except Titan, which is Saturnian, and Luna, which is Earthen), but pretty much everything else orbiting Jupiter is captured asteroids from the asteroid belt. Saturn, while only having one big moon (Titan, which is actually the second largest moon after Ganymede & bigger than Mercury), has many, many spheroid moons (Rhea, Enceladus, Mimans, and Iapetus to name a few, plus Titan, of course.)

What happened to the Oort cloud? I'm guessing all the post-third asteroid belt (just call it the scattered disc, please) stuff all the way to the fourth asteroid belt is all Oort cloud, so including Tyche and Nemesis.

Also, I'm quite glad that you made Tyche and Nemesis actual things (Tyche could exist in the outer Oort cloud, while it's unlikely Nemesis is real).

The Oort cloud should be largely unaffected by the small planets placed out there, but due to the effects of like Tyche, there's more long-period comets out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.