Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachanassian

Gone Fishin'
What madness happened in 2068? And whose picture did you use for an older Sasha Obama?

Nocturne Sibelius, the vampire descendent of Kathleen, what?

Katherine Szalwiaska lives for over 1200 years, double what? I mean, I can understand extended lifespans (the previous people seem a bit more reasonable, living into their mid-100s at most) but there's got to be some sort of black magic or transhumanist shenanigans going on as the human brain can't last more than a few centuries or so before breaking down (or so I remember, I could very well be wrong).

What madness happened in 2068? And whose picture did you use for an older Sasha Obama?

Nocturne Sibelius, the vampire descendent of Kathleen, what?

Katherine Szalwiaska lives for over 1200 years, double what? I mean, I can understand extended lifespans (the previous people seem a bit more reasonable, living into their mid-100s at most) but there's got to be some sort of black magic or transhumanist shenanigans going on as the human brain can't last more than a few centuries or so before breaking down (or so I remember, I could very well be wrong).
A lot of people died there. For older Sasha Obama, I used Yvonne Burke.

Not vampire. Just looks a bit like one. And she could be a descandant of Kathleen.

Typo there, sorry. It's meant to say 2501.

Zachanassian

Gone Fishin'
A lot of people died there.
Yeesh. Guessing nuclear war or a major terrorist attack.

Not vampire. Just looks a bit like one. And she could be a descandant of Kathleen.
I'm guessing the fashions of the 2260s are quite different than today, to the point where someone with green hair or red eye contacts could be considered mainstream enough to be President of the United States.

Typo there, sorry. It's meant to say 2501.
Well, by the 24th Century it's possible that we could have cyborg or even artificial humans fully accepted into society, so an artificial being who lives for thousands of years becoming President isn't too out there. It'd make for an interesting story, to be sure.

Certainly a better explanation than what the game it originated from came up with.
I'm guessing the fashions of the 2260s are quite different than today, to the point where someone with green hair or red eye contacts could be considered mainstream enough to be President of the United States.
Yep. Of course, there's still a bit of controversy regarding "arties" ("artifical" humans) but it concludes with Astriddottir's election.
Well, by the 24th Century it's possible that we could have cyborg or even artificial humans fully accepted into society, so an artificial being who lives for thousands of years becoming President isn't too out there. It'd make for an interesting story, to be sure.
True. But I actually intended for it to be 2501, so... Certainly still interesting. Maybe a few of the Presidents of United Earth is that.

vote-robot-nixon.gif

The 1932 UK General Election from this TL.

David Lloyd George, after two years of minority government, forms an alliance with the Labour Party and a splinter from the Irish Parliamentary Party (the Páirtí Gael, roughly translated as Family Party) to implement Keynesian economic reforms to deal with Britain's struggling economy. He successfully gets his mandate to do so.

ze9NjT4.png

Last edited:
A new project I'm doing for AJND is a commonwealth-by-commonwealth breakdown of the 2132 U.S. Presidential election. The two top candidates were Democrat Benjamin G. Thurman and Republican Sarah Winstead. Thurman was a close friend and political ally of former President Douglas Grayson (2081 - 2089, 2105 - 2117) and also the long-time Secretary of the National Planning Commission. Thurman was the leader of the Red Dog Democrats--the Big Labor unions in the Democratic Party--and had spent most of the 2120s constructing a new Democratic coalition comprised of blue-collar unions, political machines, agrarians and big government liberals. He initially sought the Democratic nomination in 2128 but health issues set him aside. He captured the nomination in 2132, knocking off unpopular incumbent President Donna Harlan-White in the primaries. Sarah Winstead was a traditional Lunar Republican from the state of Hidamari--generally social liberal, pro-small government and pro-big business. A generally uninspiring choice against one of the best campaigners and machines in American history. Many liberals, though, were upset that Harlan-White had lost the Democratic nomination, and many had hoped that Jordyn Blythe would run but she declined, and a few stood behind Libertarian Kyle Phipps.

I1nztRS.png

Holy Election Vote Splitting, Nebraska! :eek:

Plus, Republican DC? With a small-government candidate? Explain.

And I'm amazed Puerto Rico is not a state yet.

Last edited:
Holy Election Vote Splitting, Nebraska! :eek:

There's a few other states out there like that, and Nebraska has considered switching things back, but they're fine the way they are. And Thurman won Nebraska by only 988 votes.

Plus, Republican DC? With a small-government candidate? Explain.

D.C. is mostly educated, upper class professionals who while they mostly work for the government, they're in higher positions and support a smaller, leaner government bureaucracy.

And I'm amazed Puerto Rico is not a state yet.

Puerto Rico is content doing it's own thing.

There's a few other states out there like that, and Nebraska has considered switching things back, but they're fine the way they are. And Thurman won Nebraska by only 988 votes.

D.C. is mostly educated, upper class professionals who while they mostly work for the government, they're in higher positions and support a smaller, leaner government bureaucracy.

Puerto Rico is content doing it's own thing.
Did you switch the person portraying Thurman?

And why is NY Republican?

Dat population movement. Good to see the center of the earth-bound 50 US is in the Midwest where it belongs. ;)

But seriously though, what caused such a massive shift from the south, east and California to the Midwest?

Status
Not open for further replies.