Status
Not open for further replies.
An alternate flag of the Islamic State, with kufic style shahada.

IslamicState.png

IslamicState.png

An alternate flag of the Islamic State, with kufic style shahada.

Much more modern. Almost looks like the flag of a respectable country in the modern world. However, I think you should put the Seal of Muhammad (perhaps with a perfect circle) instead of the sword.

Ladies and gentlemen, my first flag on this site... a Romanov-Ruled New Kingdom of Granada (or as we know it OTL since 1863, Colombia) made crudely on MS Paint

HLojR0D.png

also... a small challenge...

1. Habsburg Monarchist Colombia
2. Bonaparte Argentina or Chile
3. Wittlesbach Mexico

Here's a quickly and roughly put together flag I did out of boredom for the werewolf 'Lupan Empire of Rome' from my Halloween inspired map I'm still working on, as seen on the Map Thread. And yes, that is the witcher medallion. Honestly it was the most badass wolf head logo I could think of.

Nova_Roma_Flag.svg.png

1QYEHgC.png

Flag for the Kingdom of the Rhineland. The Kingdom was formed as a rump of the Kingdom of Prussia, who acquired a considerable amount of land in west Germany following the Napoleonic War (as OTL). However, in this ATL, liberal revolutionaries succeeded in overthrowing the King of Prussia in his own lands, forcing the Kingdom to move.

1875 Map

This map shows the Kingdom of the Rhineland in 1875, alongside the Austrian Empire (which absorbed Bavaria as a title in the 1840s), the Republic of Germany, the Second French Empire, and the Kingdom of the Netherlands. In this ATL, the Second French Empire was established directly via revolution and Napoleonic sentiment rather than conversion of the Republic. Pro-German revolutionaries in France's easternmost lands, particularly Alsace-Lorraine, joined the Kingdom of the Rhineland. By the time the government of the Second French Empire under Napoleon III had recovered and restored order, it was too late - the territories had been occupied and militarized by the Rhineland.

And the latest challenge is up

FLAG CHALLENGE #121

Apocalypse Won

"And lo, did Armageddon come forth.
The Gates of Heaven & Hell were opened and the unearthly plagued the world once more.
Armies of Angels and Demons rode out against the children of Man...and lost"

It has been centuries since the apocalypse and whilst nations have fallen, humanity as survived by coopting the supernatural.
Your challenge is to design a flag and brief history for one of the new mythic-wise polities.

Submissions Open: Now
Submissions Close: Midnight GMT 17th November
Voting Opens: 18th November-ish
Voting Closes 25th November-ish

Entries here

Last edited:

That Seal looks rather like a moon. I think I now see where that moonworshipper propaganda came from with the predominance of the seal and crescents.

Ladies and gentlemen, my first flag on this site... a Romanov-Ruled New Kingdom of Granada (or as we know it OTL since 1863, Colombia) made crudely on MS Paint

Also fits a Romanov Romania. Romanovia? :D

Here's a quickly and roughly put together flag I did out of boredom for the werewolf 'Lupan Empire of Rome' from my Halloween inspired map I'm still working on, as seen on the Map Thread. And yes, that is the witcher medallion. Honestly it was the most badass wolf head logo I could think of.

Cool :cool:

Flag for the Kingdom of the Rhineland. The Kingdom was formed as a rump of the Kingdom of Prussia, who acquired a considerable amount of land in west Germany following the Napoleonic War (as OTL). However, in this ATL, liberal revolutionaries succeeded in overthrowing the King of Prussia in his own lands, forcing the Kingdom to move.

1875 Map

This map shows the Kingdom of the Rhineland in 1875, alongside the Austrian Empire (which absorbed Bavaria as a title in the 1840s), the Republic of Germany, the Second French Empire, and the Kingdom of the Netherlands. In this ATL, the Second French Empire was established directly via revolution and Napoleonic sentiment rather than conversion of the Republic. Pro-German revolutionaries in France's easternmost lands, particularly Alsace-Lorraine, joined the Kingdom of the Rhineland. By the time the government of the Second French Empire under Napoleon III had recovered and restored order, it was too late - the territories had been occupied and militarized by the Rhineland.

Intriguing flag though not sure about the scenario

Anzû

Gone Fishin'
Still very new to flag making, can I get some advice on general technique, hints as to how to make my flags better visually. Example of where I'm at below.

attachment.php

Still very new to flag making, can I get some advice on general technique, hints as to how to make my flags better visually. Example of where I'm at below.

SNIP

Three tips;

1. Use Inkscape
2. Use Inkscape
3. Use Inkscape

It is (in my opinion) the best vector illustrating software that's currently available, and coupled with the fact that it has a very minimal learning curve I can't emphasise how great of a tool it is in creating good looking maps and flags.

Anzû

Gone Fishin'
Three tips;

1. Use Inkscape
2. Use Inkscape
3. Use Inkscape

It is (in my opinion) the best vector illustrating software that's currently available, and coupled with the fact that it has a very minimal learning curve I can't emphasise how great of a tool it is in creating good looking maps and flags.

Never heard of it. Sounds good, thanks.

attachment.php

Well, if you want constructive criticism, flags usually need to have good contrast, so as to be easily recognizable at a distance. Though I find the bold geometric design appealing, this flag, with its shades of gray, all blends together.

HLojR0D.png

also... a small challenge...

1. Habsburg Monarchist Colombia
2. Bonaparte Argentina or Chile
3. Wittlesbach Mexico

That's not the arms of the Romanovs though ;) These are the arms of that dynasty:

RomanovsCoatRF.png

Anzû

Gone Fishin'
Something along these lines, perhaps:

Well, if you want constructive criticism, flags usually need to have good contrast, so as to be easily recognizable at a distance. Though I find the bold geometric design appealing, this flag, with its shades of gray, all blends together.

Good idea, hadn't thought of that. I've downloaded Inkscape and I'm about to start testing it out. I'll try and apply this advice, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.