Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you get the photos from for the AJND infoboxes?

Lower level and lesser known politicians. State legislators, city council members, etc.

Anyway, here's the party breakdown of the Xanadu Commonwealth Legislature as of the end of October 2136. The Republicans had 33 Senate seats while the Democrats had 31, with both independents chosing to caucus with the Democrats (as they had in the previous legislature). The Democrats gained control of the Senate with the tie breaking vote of Deputy Premier Natalie Cho. However, the sudden and unexpected death of Democratic Senator Chuck Harmon of Chiron gave Republicans narrow control over the Senate again. The resulting special election was tightly contested, with Democratic State Attorney General Catherine Rybolt knocking off Republican Governor Benton J. Porter by less than 20,000 votes.

I7sPwq9.png

G80Nx05.png

The latest election from Screw Primaries.

"Kassembaum's First Term started fairly uneventfully, the economy was slowly recovering while the administration pushed through a tax cut reversing the McKeithen era gass-taxes but keeping the progressive income tax mostly in place. While some conservatives called for a "War on Drugs" and creation of a "Moral America" this was roundly rejected by the administration much to the dismay of religious leaders.

In foreign policy things were going pretty smoothly, talks had been started with the Soviets and tension began to calm. In Iran the American troops went from a full occupation to minor peace keeping forces. The first Iranian elections were held in 1986 and to everyone's surprise Reza Pahlavi, heir to the throne was elected president in a landslide and the monarchy was reinstated much to the dismay of former president McKeithen.

In 1988 the Democrats nominated their first Liberal candidate since Humphrey, and at for the majority of the election it seemed to be paying off, they were making gains in the northeast and west which they had abandoned. However as it grew closer to election day it became clear that with the decent economy and no major wars or scandals that they would not be able to claim victory. In the end Kassebaum won a second term."

StrUprS.png

A black man whose ticket includes a Nebraskan, winning most of the South/Prairie States, named the Popular which is on the map green colored.

I'm not accusing you of anything Mike, just saying my royalties better be in the mail by now.

A black man whose ticket includes a Nebraskan, winning most of the South/Prairie States, named the Popular which is on the map green colored.

I'm not accusing you of anything Mike, just saying my royalties better be in the mail by now.

Shhhhh...you can't prove anyhting more than a coincidence.

So this one is a bit of a doozy. The list of Presidents of the United States in AJND, from 1789 to the president. The portraits are largely placeholders from Durant on, to give you a better idea for the person. Because it's such a large picture (almost 10,000 pixels long), here's the link for the full image (~2.4mb). It's still a rough draft. There's probably some mistakes here and there. But I wanted to get it out for people to see.

Very nice. Been meaning to do something like that for the Lodgeverse. How much longer and harder (haha) is it then a normal election or person wikibox?

So this one is a bit of a doozy. The list of Presidents of the United States in AJND, from 1789 to the president. The portraits are largely placeholders from Durant on, to give you a better idea for the person. Because it's such a large picture (almost 10,000 pixels long), here's the link for the full image (~2.4mb). It's still a rough draft. There's probably some mistakes here and there. But I wanted to get it out for people to see.

"Secretary of the National Planning Commission" sounds ominous as hell.

Very nice. Been meaning to do something like that for the Lodgeverse. How much longer and harder (haha) is it then a normal election or person wikibox?

That took me about 5 hours to do. The code is different and confusing at first, and it takes a little bit to get a handle on. Especially when you have vacancies and people dying.

"Secretary of the National Planning Commission" sounds ominous as hell.

The National Planning Commission and its different corporate body sequences help plan and coordinate the economy.

That took me about 5 hours to do. The code is different and confusing at first, and it takes a little bit to get a handle on. Especially when you have vacancies and people dying.

The National Planning Commission and its different corporate body sequences help plan and coordinate the economy.

How do you go about making these? I've been trying to make an "official looking" infobox for my American Confederation Congress with GIMP 2, but drawing everything gets exhausting really quickly. Is there some kind of program or site where you can download the wikibox template?

How do you go about making these? I've been trying to make an "official looking" infobox for the American Confederation Congress with GIMP 2, but drawing everything gets exhausting really quickly. Is there some kind of program or site where you can download the wikibox template?

I edit the code for the appropriate template in my Wikipedia user sandbox, screencap them and post them.

So hang on a second. Fulmer and Thurman are both black? That's some irony right there.

President Ariyoshi, 2029-2130? Longest serving POTUS! :D

Anyway, who's the Democratic president that Democrats love and who's the Republican president that Republicans love? In OTL it's FDR and Reagan.

I'd say it's more like each party has a historical and a recent president they all like. The Democrats have FDR and Clinton, and the Republicans have Lincoln and Reagan.

I'd say it's more like each party has a historical and a recent president they all like. The Democrats have FDR and Clinton, and the Republicans have Lincoln and Reagan.

In AJND, for the Democrats, it'd be Reagan and Grayson and for Republicans it'd probably be Lincoln and Gibbs. The 21st century Republican presidents weren't bad. For the hand they were dealt, they did a pretty good job. But they weren't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.