Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hir oes i'r Gweriniaeth Cymru!

Alright, Archangel Michael, tell me if you like it. I can change anything if you want.

Obviously the map's just there to point out Wales. Ignore the OTL borders of the rest of Europe.

Wales.PNG

Where does one come up with templates for these, whether for nations, individuals, institutions, etc.? Thanks.

They're made within Wikipedia itself, by taking an existing infobox and heavily modifying it to fit another purpose, and then saved as an image via screen capture.

So if you want to make an alternate US president, for example, just hop onto Obama's page, go to edit it, copy the markup for the infobox template, paste it into your sandbox, and then edit it from there.

It's also best to only preview and not save any infoboxes made, because Wikipedia does not take too kindly people making fake infoboxes.

If you're a member you can use your user sandbox for it. I've never had an infobox deleated from that.

I remember someone got a warning about it last year, saying Wikipedia wasn't the place for role-playing shenanigans or something. Possibly just an errant mod, and it's not like they go combing sandboxes anyway, but I like to err on the side of caution.

I remember someone got a warning about it last year, saying Wikipedia wasn't the place for role-playing shenanigans or something. Possibly just an errant mod, and it's not like they go combing sandboxes anyway, but I like to err on the side of caution.

I haven't had any problems when I've saved stuff in my sandbox. I looked up the deal with the user who got a warning (Superman) and it was just a mod who thought he was role-playing in the sandbox when he was just practicing/making infoboxes. The mod later said he wouldn't have a problem if there was the Template:Sandbox thing there to show it was a sandbox page (which is why you don't delete that when editing sandboxes, kids).

Status
Not open for further replies.