Ghostbusters vs. Star Trek
Part Fourteen: Opening Shots:

The rivalry between the fans of Ghostbusters and Star Trek started when both shows began airing and was further emphasised with their own takes on the Sci-Fi genre. Star Trek looked at the potential of the future, where people of all ethnicities and backgrounds worked together to explore the Universe to reach mankind's full potential. Ghostbusters looked to the present, with ordinary people having access to amazing technology and yet still had to pay the bills each month. The difference in philosophies in how these shows treated science fiction would bleed into the fanbase for each franchise as both shows were shown throughout the eighties, heightening the rivalry.
- Extract from 'The Silver Age of Science Fiction: 1983-1993', 2009

“It was a lot of fun on the actual set as we all pretty much knew each other, or were at least aware of each other's work. This was when John had just come out of his first stint in rehab and he was feeling really well about himself and it sort of went out to the rest of the crew. Everyone was there to make the best of what we had and to that, re-writing scripts before shooting to get the best out of who we had was fairly common. We operated under the principle of if we could improve it, even slightly, we'd change things. By the time we'd finished shooting the first season, there were differences to the original scripts in every episode as we'd gone back and forth to make them more enjoyable with Billy and Eddie working their own material into a lot of things. It really helped make the series what it became by letting them have that much freedom.”
- Extract from an interview with Harold Ramis, 2002

“When I reached the US, I was full of excitement about the potential of the series. A new Star Trek show being on the cards was something I was hoping would really ignite my career. But when I first started going over the scripts and started talking with the people backstage, I started to realise the problems we were going to have. Gene Rodenberry had a clear vision for Star Trek, and was determined not to deviate from it. The creative end of the show was kept under the strictest control by Gene and everything had to go through him and his vision of what Star Trek should be. It was a utopia where the crew wouldn't have any arguments or disagreements about their mission. It was a recipe that stifled our ability to create drama and for those two series Rodenberry was in charge, it really showed.”
- Extract from an interview with Alan Rickman, 2006

“Rodenberry was acting like it was the sixties still. Only it was the eighties and what had been charming back during the original series was now seen as camp at best, embarrassing at worst.”
- Quote from Captain Snipes, member of Star Trek fan forums, 2009

Star Trek: The Next Generation – Monday 24th September at 8:00 PM on NBC
Ghostbusters – Thursday 27th September at 7:00 PM on ABC
- Timeslots of Star Trek: TNG and Ghostbustersupon their debut

“We were expecting some excitement from people about Ghostbusters. The hype we were putting into it, along with the network, really got people interested. The publicity spot of me, John and Eddie walking through Times Square in full costume really got people's attention. So when the first few episodes showed and the ratings started to steadily grow, we were as pleased as could be expected. And then we started reading the fan mail and realised that about three-quarters of it were from kids who loved the premise and wanted to dress up as us at Halloween and parties. Kids weren't in our intended audience for the show at first but we really started to realise the potential for this, especially for merchandise. I remember Eddie looking through his fan mail in particular and placing down each letter saying “$30, $50, $65.” And so on. John eventually asked him what he was doing and Eddie just said “Counting the money these kids are gonna be spending on our shit at Christmas!””
- Extract from an interview with Dan Akroyd, 2009

The first season of Ghostbusters caught people's attention from the outset. Having some of Saturday Night Live's most famous minds behind the show helped create a very sharp and strong identity beyond its concept. While the special effects suffered from budget restraints to the extent that many ghosts only appeared for the final scene of a show in their true forms, it still nevertheless managed to capture the imagination of the public as the first season went on. Its success also spread to a wider audience with children who latched onto the show and helped create the merchandise rush for the 1984 Christmas season. It was the under-eighteens who were to become the show's largest fanbase, so much so that an edited version of the show was created for the Saturday Morning slot at the start of the second season in 1985. Changed to allow content suitable for that time slot, the two different takes on the show allowed for mass appeal across different demographics. It would be this which would help the show explode in popularity throughout the 80's.
- Extract from 'A History of Science-Fiction in Television', 2009

“Watching those old episodes makes me realise why I never could get into Star Trek. You have Alan Rickman trying to do his best to do something with the God-awful material he was given as Captain of the new Enterprise. The material for those first two seasons were awful!Just dire and boring and never ending! I heard it got better after the first two seasons but why wait so long on the off chance that it'd get better than crap?! I know I'm losing some nerd points here but guys, c'mon! You had an episode where the main villains of the season were a bunch of cackling monkeys! And that was their introduction! I don't wanna even know how much further they were made to look like jokes!”
- Extract from 'Star Trek XI Movie Review', a video posted on the Schwoony Experiment, 2010

A shorter update than I hoped but personal issues got in the way of writing and I wanted to at least be putting out something so I broke up what I had planned. Further stuff in the same subject will be coming the next few updates.

I love the way you use this arc to explore not just Dr Who but some of the potential cultural butterflys that come with it. Got to feel for Rickman though. Looks like if he doesn't survive to series 3 the only way to ignite his career will be with petrol and a match.

I love the way you use this arc to explore not just Dr Who but some of the potential cultural butterflys that come with it. Got to feel for Rickman though. Looks like if he doesn't survive to series 3 the only way to ignite his career will be with petrol and a match.

It is enjoyable to come up with ways a single casting choice can have such an impact. And Rickman's career does take a knock, but there are ways to recover at least.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Part Fifteen: All Out War:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The latest Star Trek episode continues with the season's themes of dullness and preaching to the audience. Rather than explore the entire Universe, the show seems content to instead tell us how unenlightened the rest of the Universe is in comparison to the wonderful and perfect Federation and crew of the Enterprise. Excitement apparently doesn't exist in the future, instead giving way to lectures about how the latest crisis can only be solved by sticking to their perfect values. It doesn't make for interesting television or interesting anything for that matter.[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from a review of the second series episode of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek: The Next Generation[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif], '[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Skies Above[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]' from the Chicago Tribune, 1985[/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]After all the excitement of a new [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] series, there was disappointment among the fans, not with the quality of the show itself, but with the reception it received from other audiences. Labelled as dull and preaching by the vast majority of critics, long time [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] fans and more casual viewers were still brought into the program for its thoughtful and hopeful take on the future of Mankind. Despite remaining steady in the ratings though, fans of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] grew embittered over the greater success of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ghostbusters[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] over its two seasons, particularly at the expense of Star Trek. As the two shows geared up towards their third seasons, ABC announced that [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ghostbusters[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] was being moved directly against [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]'s prime time slot as the war for ratings properly began.[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from '[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Fans! Fandoms And Their Histories[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]', 2015[/FONT]​

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]After the second season, it was decided by the network that something had to be done. Although the ratings for [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] remained steady, they weren't what NBC had been hoping for and blame was put on Rodenberry's creative direction. He was forced upstairs, away from the writing and several others, including myself, took over. We decided to look more to new ways of doing things and to that end, we were inspired by the things that were coming from [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Doctor Who[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] to try our own hand at story arcs within the third season. With the freedom we were allowed, we were able to finally hammer out a plan that took the show in a new direction and I feel a lot could have been done with its potential if ABC hadn't made their choice of changing the schedule.”[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from an interview with Kenneth Johnson, 1999[/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]After the first two seasons of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ghostbusters[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif], the show continued to grow in popularity with the stars able to negotiate for more money with each new season. The popularity was such that it was able to get a prime-time slot, but ABC decided to place it against [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] in a bid to take on one of America's most famous Sci-Fi franchises with one of their own. It was an outright declaration of war between the two networks as their two shows were set to clash in the ratings, where only one would become the victor.[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from '[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Sci-Fi in TV[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]', 2003[/FONT]​

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]That's the problem [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Next Generation[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] had, the masses weren't intellectual enough and preferred the low humour of the Ghostbusters, it was all that they could keep up with.”[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Quote from Mr. Logical, member of the Star Trek fan forums, 2008. Member was later banned.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1: Star Trek: Voyager[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]2: Star Trek: The Original Series[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]3: Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]4: Third series of The Next Generation[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]5: Star Trek VII: Generations[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Results from a poll of Star Trek fans concerning their favourite parts of the Star Trek franchise, 2008[/FONT]​

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Season three had everything. Much better plots, characters that were beginning to show more than two dimensions, a long reaching story arc and great dialogue. It had everything!”[/FONT]
“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Except for viewers.”[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Quotes from Telly & Lincoln, members of the Star Trek Fan forums, 2009[/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]When the third season of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Ghostbusters[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] began production in 1986, the budget of the show reached new heights as the success of the program allowed the executives of ABC to put more money into the show. As a result, thoughts towards greater special effects started to be taken seriously with the George Lucas owned Graphics Group being contacted for their services. The money ABC pumped into the special effects were a great aid to Graphics Group, leading to them eventually becoming the animation department of Lucas Films. The work they had for the third and fourth seasons of Ghostbusters was where they made their name though, making their mark in computer effects that was soon to become their claim to fame.[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from '[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]A History of Lucas Films[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]', 2005[/FONT]​

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Star Trek tried to get people to watch paragons. Ghostbusters just let people enjoy characters.”[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Quote from Monarch Ghid, member of the Freakin' Awesome Network forum, 2013[/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The Onglaatu – A race introduced in the third season episode of TNG, 'The Conspiracy', the Onglattu were a race of slug like beings, parasites that latched onto bodies and were able to assume control of them. Able to take control of any species, the Onglattu were introduced in an attempted take over of the Federation by taking control of top Starfleet personnel. The plan was thwarted but the species remained a threat throughout season three and in the franchise beyond.[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from Memory Alpha, a Star Trek Wiki[/FONT]​

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]We'd managed to hammer out a creative direction for the series, one that we were happy with and that the fans were loving. Had things gone as hoped, we would have carried out an ambitious season long arc for as long as we were on TV. But, once the ratings came in, we realised there was no chance we could continue. Ghostbusters trounced us every week and we just couldn't compete. By the time our third season had started, Ghostbusters had the momentum, the mainstream appeal and the media presence. Due to our shaky start, we had to catch up and with Ghostbusters coming onto our time slot before we'd made our mark with the new direction of Star Trek, it was too late. Halfway through the season, NBC told us there wasn't going to be a fourth one. It was a blow to all of us, after our high hopes for the potential the show had. I do take some solace in the fact that Voyager did a lot to realise the potential of what Star Trek could be.”[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from an interview with Kenneth Johnson, 1993[/FONT]​

“[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Definition of a victory lap? The fourth season of Ghostbusters.”[/FONT]​
  • [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extract from an SNL sketch with Eddie Murphy & John Belushi, 1987[/FONT]​

An overview of the brief war between Ghostbusters and Star Trek. Probably one last update regarding this to show what the Ghostbusters show was actually like and then move onto other things.

O_O
...okay, because of butterflies it is more than likely not the same as OTL, but Voyager being considered the best Star Trek thing?
...wow...

Also, was this meant to be in Times New Roman?

Also, also, is Tales From the Darkside a thing ITTL?

Last edited:
O_O
...okay, because of butterflies it is more than likely not the same as OTL, but Voyager being considered the best Star Trek thing?
...wow...

Also, was this meant to be in Times New Roman?

Also, also, is Tales From the Darkside a thing ITTL?

Let's say Voyager has the opportunity to live up to its potential ITTL.

The last update was posted in IE so that's probably had an impact on it.

Don't see why it couldn't be.

Did TNG end on a cliffhanger?

Not quite. There was no real cliffhanger as sort as the episode was a stand alone, but the story's potential of the new enemy and exploration of the Alpha Quadrant ended before it should have, leaving fans wanting more.

Series Finale
Part Sixteen: Who Ya Gonna Call?:

“When I first started, Dan had a clear idea of who Winston was supposed to be. He was the everyman, the guy who asked questions so the audience got answers. He was the one people could relate to because there wasn't much there to get in the way. Well, I looked to Dan after reading through this and said “Just because he's gonna be asking, doesn't mean he can't know his own stuff.””
- Extract from an interview with Eddie Murphy, 2006

Ray Stanz – The heart of the Ghostbusters and the glue which holds the group together. An earnest and enthusiastic sort, Ray is always eager to dive in to any mystery and adventure, believing that pretty much everything has an occult bend to it. Jumping into everything to get at the heart of a mystery, Ray never lets anything get in his way or get him down.
Egon Spengler – The brain behind many, if not all, of the Ghostbusters' equipment, Egon always approaches things with an analytical frame of mind, from hauntings to lunch. Good with his hands as well as his mind, Egon's tendency to get lost in a new problem to find its solution meant he has to be pulled out of trouble by his partners more than once.
Peter Venkman – An all round loveable slob who also tends to provide the common sense out of the Ghostbusters, Peter was the main force behind the Ghostbusters first going into business for themselves. Although eager to mooch off his friends and willing to let others do the hard work, Peter leaps into action when the chips are down.
Winston Zeddemore – A fast talking and quick thinking man with his eye on the almighty dollar, Winston always takes care that the job pays before accepting. Always the man with a plan, even if it's one he's just made up, Winston looks out for the Ghostbusters' money interests above all, managing to hide a golden heart under a greedy layer.
- Extract from the character page of the Ghostbusters 1988 book annual, 1988

“I think what really helped the show at its heart was the fact we made the show around strong characters with great performers. Even when I helped complete a script, me and the guys were always open to changing something if we felt it could work better in terms of humour or character, we changed it. A lot of the stuff on the show actually came from us discarding large parts of the scripts to do what we felt was best. I think it really helped strengthen what was already a strong idea.”
- Extract from an interview with Dan Aykroyd, 2001

The genres used on Ghostbusters actually varied wildly from episode to episode regarding ideas that the cast had for storylines. What was typically a comedy-action series also went into horror and even mythology as Dan Aykroyd's interest in the occult showed in many episodes, actual mythological monsters and myths being used as enemies or plots throughout the series. The infusion of elements of the 'Cthulhu Mythos' in the fourth season actually introduced a story arc to a series which had previously been happy with use of heavy continuity. With an actual long term antagonist in the form of the fan nicknamed 'Notlathotep', the series took a darker tone with more action at the expense of some of the humour fans had come to expect from the show. Despite the change in mood and tone, the fourth season was as big a success as the first three and some fans even welcomed the change as it was something different to what had been expected with Peter Falk's performance being widely hailed as a key part of its success.
- Extract from 'Sci-Fi in TV', 2003

“Watching Peter Falks in Ghostbusters made you feel like one of the criminals in Columbo. Here was the bumbling, shuffling man who you've just realised knows all your secrets, knows just how much you're screwed and is going to enjoy utterly destroying you. The worst part? There are parts when Falks plays it similar to Columbo. The quirky detective you've been enjoying all these years? He's an Elder God using the despair of humanity to fuel his plans to turn Earth into a charnel house. Bet you wish Patrick McGoohan got away with it now.”
- Quote from an article from cracked.com 'Top Ten Strangest Roles From Well Known Actors', 2009

“When I thought about auditioning for the part, I really was just thinking about trying something new. When I got the script for the audition itself, there were a few parts that reminded me of Columbo. The little things like acting as your friend, putting on a front while the gears are always turning, always looking for an edge. Of course, there's a bit of a difference between being a police lieutenant and being a God trying to bring about the end of the world.”
- Extract from an interview with Peter Falk, 2001

The interaction of the main four characters was regarded as a major reason behind the success of the show. All four actors had great chemistry and a great deal of the appeal of the show came from how they used dialogue to bounce off which was tied into the show's famous humour. Aykroyd, Belushi, Ramis and Murphy all were talented comedic performers with each bringing something different to the table in regards to that part of the show. The two who quickly developed into the stars however, were undeniably Belushi and Murphy. Both managed a stand out style of comedy that quickly got them noticed by audiences while managing to gain the best lines and moments in the show's history. While having an intense on-screen rivalry, the friendship between Belushi and Murphy was a major aspect to the popularity of the characters, Murphy's career in particular received a huge boost when the series ended and proved to be one of the 90's most bankable movie stars.
- Extract from 'An Index of Science Fiction Television Shows', 2001

“We weren't really thinking too much about story arcs to begin with, just setting the ground with the opening six episodes to set up the Ghostbusters business and introducing all the characters. Continuity was a big thing for Dan who liked all the call backs and mentioning of previous ghosts and monsters that had been seen. It was when we agreed to a fourth season that we looked into finishing with a bang. Inspired by some Lovecraft books Dan and John had been reading through, we crafted the idea of Gozer and Macalpse, his messenger. With getting the special effects from Graphics Group, we were able to make a huge mark on special effects in television as well. We had to sacrifice some of the humour and the focus turned more towards general action, but I think the change made for more exciting television.”
- Extract from an interview with Harold Ramis, 2002

“Being asked to do the special effects for Ghostbusters was a really good challenge to learn how to use new technology and computer animation to tell a story. It was experience I was to later use well for Star Wars and the money we were paid by ABC allowed me to keep the studio through what an otherwise tough period for me. Lucas Animation got its birth from the Ghostbusters, and it was a great introduction to the world.”
- Extract from an interview with George Lucas, 2003

[Scene: The Ghostbusters are in the basement of the New York Public Library, the lights dim from ghost activity as they're surrounded by packed bookshelves. The lights flicker as Peter and Winston look around at the ceiling, Ray and Egon too engrossed with looking at ectoplasm on the shelves.]

WINSTON:
So stuck in a dark basement, surrounded by things trying to kill us. Tell me we're going to get paid for it this time.

PETER:
We're surrounded by things that want to kill us and it's your bank balance you're worrying about?

WINSTON:
Someone has to! You noticed that every time we work for the public sector, we get screwed over? I'm just looking out for the team's finances here!

PETER:
You mean your Hawaii fund, right?​

[The bickering is stopped short as the PKE Meter in Egon's hand suddenly starts beeping furiously. He and Ray look to each other as the beeping gets higher and more frequent.]

RAY:
That's not good...

WINSTON:
OK, I gotta figure out a scale for this. What exactly is 'not good' with us? It seems to range from me getting my ass torn to pieces to someone forgetting to buy milk at the store!

EGON:
In this case, it means that the entire city of New York could be hurtling towards destruction on a Biblical scale.​

[There is a long, horrified pause.]

PETER:
… Again?!​
- Extract from a scene from 'Samhain' the first episode of the two-part finale to the third series of Ghostbusters

“I enjoyed playing Winston, he was a conman and only Peter saw through it for the most part. We had a really good back and forth most episodes and Dan brought us scripts that allowed us to show off our acting skills as well. I still get a lot of people telling me they broke up over that scene, you know the one I'm talking about. We got to show what we could do with the characters and another reason why I liked playing Winston, we got to learn there was a lot more to him.”
- Extract from an interview with Eddie Murphy, 2008

“Whenever nostalgia makes kids of the 80's think that all their shows and movies were great and uplifting, just remind them of this. 1988 started off with the Ghostbuster's episode 'Mother's Day' in January, showing us that Eddie Murphy can damn well act and break our hearts. 1988 also saw the broadcast of Jeremy Brett's final episodes of Doctor Who where he was forced to watch everyone around him basically die. And then 1988 ended with the American release of Grave of Fireflies, proving that Isao Takahata could destroy the souls of children and adults alike. The late 80's was fucking brutal.”
- Extract from an article from cracked.com 'Ten Moments in Our Childhood That Made us Cry', 2009

The long term story arc of the final season of Ghostbusters was a huge success with the critics loving it and being a ratings smash. Showing the Ghostbusters themselves in a new light as their pasts and flaws were exposed by Macalpse to try and destroy them, the show ended on a high note in January of 1988 with Gozer and Macalpse being defeated with the Ghostbusters standing tall. Their triumph is short lived after they realise that no one paid them for the job and they once more have to go out to work. The mixture of fantastic and mundane was a key part in the success of Ghostbusters and would be a core reason why it endeared itself to many.
- Extract from 'Twenty Years of Busting: The Ghostbusters Story', 2004

“If there's anything I kinda regret about the show, is that my original ambitions about making a movie never came to be. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of what we all did with Ghostbusters and I wouldn't have changed a thing. Those four years were among the best of my life, professionally and personally. I just can't help but think back to the night I was hammering out ideas with Ivan and wonder what would have happened if we'd stuck to the movie idea. Maybe it would have worked out better, maybe not. Whether it would have or not though, I will say that Ghostbusters has a lot of great memories for everyone that worked on it and I know John would have loved to have seen how long its impact has lasted.”
- Extract from an interview with Dan Aykroyd, 2004

“Same Slam, Different Day.”
- Extract from TV Tropes (1)

[Scene: After realising that their hard fought and destructive victory over Gozer won't get them paid, the Ghostbusters gear up to head out after getting another call in New York. All look exhausted and put upon but nevertheless go for it.]

RAY:
Well, look on the bright side, the total destruction of the Earth has been averted. And we got some nifty data on how to defeat any other Gods that might try to break into our dimension.

EGON:
While that's very well and good Ray, but we do need funds to put that knowledge into practice. I calculate we'll need at least $10,000 for equipment and experimentation before we can use it in the field.

PETER:
So we gotta get back to work. I tell ya, one of these days, I'm actually gonna go on vacation. Somewhere where I don't have to worry about some God trying to tear my face off.​

[The Ghostbusters get into the Ecto-1, getting ready for the day ahead.]

WINSTON:
Well, until then, it'll be same [The door slams, cutting off that word], different day.​

[Ecto-1 switches on its sirens as the car rides out of the Ghostbusters HQ as the theme music plays one last time as we say farewell to our heroes.]
- Final scene of the fourth series of Ghostbusters

1: OTL's 'And The Adventure Continues'

For one update. Onto either comics or animation for the next.

It'll be interesting to see how 2000AD is shaped in this new universe. Especially as there's a good chance that Alan Moore may not get to write for them.
:(

It'll be interesting to see how 2000AD is shaped in this new universe. Especially as there's a good chance that Alan Moore may not get to write for them.

2000 AD had been fairly well established by this point, so I would imagine it would continue on fairly unchanged as Pat Mills was a main driving force behind the tone of the comic

Not a bad update. Wanting more Who, though! :D

Be a few updates before I get to that. Was thinking of looking back into computer games in a bit.

Moore would probably get back to 2000AD for the time being. Won't be going across the pond just yet. Was thinking more along the lines of seeing what Frank Miller was up to.

Moore would probably get back to 2000AD for the time being. Won't be going across the pond just yet. Was thinking more along the lines of seeing what Frank Miller was up to.

Well, the Dark Knight Returns was released around this time, so he would be busy. However, given Moore's absence, I wonder , if Frank Miller would be approached by DC to write a story introducing heroes from the recently purchased Charleton Comics...