Post War Britain and France in a Central Powers victorious world

What kind of Versailles would Germany impose on Britain and France? Would Nazi like movements emerge in those countries? If so, who would be the British or French Hitler? When would WW2 begin?

In Europe, depends if the Germans actually went through with their September Programme of 1914.

I don't think they'd be able to invade the UK, so the best they could hope for would be a negotiated peace; albeit one with the Germans in a better position to make demands.

I doubt very much if any reduction in the strength of the RN would be on the cards. Likely to be recognition for German acquisitions in the French Empire etc. and an end to Anglo-French military co-operation. Can't think what else would be acceptable to the British.

I doubt very much if any reduction in the strength of the RN would be on the cards.
Bright day
Would Germany even need this? it will have double population of Britain and two of the major industrial areas in Europe and far more years to build up than the Nazis.

Bright day
Would Germany even need this? it will have double population of Britain and two of the major industrial areas in Europe and far more years to build up than the Nazis.

Yes, but I don't think the Kaiser would be inclined to build up to invade Britain in the first place. The High Seas Fleet seems to be more for trade/colonial protection and for show rather than clearing the seas for a German invasion of Britain.

The Germans wanted to rule on the continent and the balance of powers outside Europe. For this, Britain and France would've to be weakened. France would have to reduce its army, pay a lot of money for the next decades (so they wouldn't have enough left ot rearm), Britain would have to give a lot of its ships to Germany, and both would lose colonies to Germany.

Britain would have to give a lot of its ships to Germany, and both would lose colonies to Germany.

I don't think so, unless Britain is invaded and subjugated the Germans are not able to make any such demand. Even if the French chuck in the towel the Germans would be in an inferior negotiating position to the British even with regards to the return of lost colonies.

Yes, but I don't think the Kaiser would be inclined to build up to invade Britain in the first place. The High Seas Fleet seems to be more for trade/colonial protection and for show rather than clearing the seas for a German invasion of Britain.

It had awfully short legs to be colonial/trade protection force.

Anyway the German war aims specifically outline the objective of taxing the French and Belgians in order to allow themselves to build a fleet capable of humbling Britain, "in this war or the next".

The second Reich was less friendly to Britain than the third.

Bright day

And assuming Britain wasn't in the financial state she was OTL 1918, the British had the money and capacity to build an awful lot of ships.

If this had happened late 1914 or so, or even before 1916, I cannot see the British ever being outbuilt, even with French and Russian resources at hand (and I can't see the Germans staying for long in either nation; probably just a replay of 1870 when they demanded a huge financial indemnity).

Indeed, the RN posed an insurmountable threat to German overseas trade, so I'd imagine the Germans would be happy with a negotiated settlement.

It wouldn't be in Germany's best interests to impose a harsh settlement on Britain... after all, with the technology of the day, the Uk was more than capable of literally laying siege to Germany with the Royal Navy... Britain also had arguably the most advanced bomber aircraft in 1918, and could have theoretically inflicted 'WW2esque' damage on Berlin and other German cities...
The British Empire was still a Superpower (and would remain one until after WW2) which many tend to forget....

If this had happened late 1914 or so, or even before 1916, I cannot see the British ever being outbuilt, even with French and Russian resources at hand (and I can't see the Germans staying for long in either nation; probably just a replay of 1870 when they demanded a huge financial indemnity).

Their war aims indicate otherwise, the Germans were out to finish off the competition for ever.

France's coal fields were to be taken so France could never again build industry without dependence on Germany, the same goes for Belgian (f it continued to exist), Russia was to be cats back to what they held during the time of Peter the Great and so forth.

Just read the September program (and the Chancellor was actually a moderate by comparison to some demands issuing forth from important sectors).

The Chancellor was also entertaining an idea of the Emperors that the French be removed from the ore fields of the north and it would be resettled with Germans (as they had already concluded to do in the East on the Polish border where some Poles and, of course, all the Jews were to be deported to the east and the region resettled with Germans).

The only problem the Germans have is the fact that the Britsih can cease the colonies but if they are willing to give those up in exchange for gains in Europe so they can destroy Britain twenty years down the line then they have that option.

As for the economic situation, you have to keep in mind that their plans included making all of Europe an economic colony of Germany and excluding British trade from that zone, Britain's economy is hardy going to flourish after that.

Indeed, the RN posed an insurmountable threat to German overseas trade, so I'd imagine the Germans would be happy with a negotiated settlement.

They started the war with something more in mind than a score draw and an agreement to do it all again in a decade or so, the domination of Europe and the forcing of Britain's recognition of Germany's rightful place was what they had in mind.

Of course a rematch in 20 years might be on the cards anyway if Britain decides to lead a recuperated Russia and several smaller European states against the German yoke (that is if they don't get lucky and get the necessary equipment to Copenhagen the German fleet with nuclear ordinance, and probably Hamburg and Berlin for good measure) but I imagine the Germans will undertake measures to keep the subject peoples in line.