Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

It's a bit of a niche thing, but it still seems interesting. Whether it was because the nations proposing them lost a war, or simply a lack of interest, there have been many treaties and such drawn up in OTL that wound up not being implemented. These are useful to map though as they provide inspiration for ATLs, and they're just fascinating on their own. We've had a few in the 550 BCE thread, but they don't seem to quite fit there to me, so I've decided they should have their own thread. Anyone agree?

To get things started: Anglo-German partition of Portuguese territories.

portition.png

Alright, here's one:

Why look! It's everyone's favourite AH topic: Axis Victory! :D

jbbnijl.png
1. Free State of Burgundy
2. Reichskommissariat Ostland
3. Reichskommissariat Ukraine
4. Reichskommissariat Moskowien
6. Reichsgau Gotenland

jbbnijl.png

Last edited:
Areas planned to be annexed by Austria-Hungary and Bulgaria by the Treaty of Bucharest in 1918. The German gray in Dobruja was to be jointly occupied by the Central Powers. Bessarabia united with Romania 9 April 1918.

treaty of bucharest 1918.png

This is the German Septemberprogramm in both Europe and Africa.

I will be making some more plans if anyone wants some specific ones done just ask :)

Septemberprogramm.png

The book Visions of Victory has fairly nice outlines of how each of the major participants in World War II viewed the world through their expected victory. I did a map of the Axis plans a while back in here.

My efforts to map Kaufman's insane plan to destroy Germany.
kaufman.png
It would seem he wanted to ruin everyone else's day while he was at it.

kaufman.png

I've always wondered, what exactly was a 'Reichskommissariat'? Was it essentially a military government?

A Kommissariat is an area under the rule of a government-appointed Kommissar, in contrast to an (indirectly) elected governor. It should be noted that Prussia was also a Kommissariat since 1932 with the Preussenschlag, though it wasn't as "colonial" as the Reichskommissariats in Eastern Europe.

I think Hungary would have been quite pleased with the second proposal. :D

I don't know if the Hungarians would have minded either that much, as with the French and Danes, but the Czechs, Poles, and Dutch would all be ticked. Belgium would probably be destabilised by the new Dutch speakers.

I don't know if the Hungarians would have minded either that much, as with the French and Danes, but the Czechs, Poles, and Dutch would all be ticked. Belgium would probably be destabilised by the new Dutch speakers.

I can't see the French being too happy about gaining a massive and hostile German population. Dismantling Germany as an entity, sure, but physically annexing the entire south?