The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

DTanza

Banned
http://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/

After a months long disappearance due to server overload (probably caused by people on this forum playing it so much, our bad) The Campaign Trail has returned.

Currently the only three elections are still 1896, 1968, and 2012. Personally I hope to see more in the future. It also now has difficulty levels!

2022 MOD EDIT:
People are now playing a version with more scenarios:
If you want to choose a mod, click on the Mod Loader button.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played as Obama, running some standard Liberal answers with some Moderatism mixed in. I didn't see this coming at all. :eek:

yT1SM7C.png

Yep, I won the Popular vote by 2%.

uFLEQ90.png

Fun fact, I only lost Ohio by .8%.

At least it makes room for an Obama comeback in 2016.

Asami

Banned
genusmap.png

1968 United States presidential election

Hubert H. Humphrey / Ted Kennedy (Democrat) - 438 EVs, 34,703,898 PVs (47.7%)
Richard M. Nixon / Spiro Agnew (Republican) - 54 EVs, 28,571,394 PVs (39.3%)
George Wallace / Curtis LeMay (American Independent) - 45 EVs, 9,516,466 PVs (13.1%)

Nixon%20got%20spanked.PNG

genusmap.png

1968 United States presidential election

Hubert H. Humphrey / Ted Kennedy (Democrat) - 438 EVs, 34,703,898 PVs (47.7%)
Richard M. Nixon / Spiro Agnew (Republican) - 54 EVs, 28,571,394 PVs (39.3%)
George Wallace / Curtis LeMay (American Independent) - 45 EVs, 9,516,466 PVs (13.1%)

Nixon%20got%20spanked.PNG

Those two pictures really confused the hell out of me until I realized you switched the colors. :p

US Election 1968.png

Wallace gets everything he wanted...

Humphrey/Harris: 247 electoral votes
Nixon/Agnew: 243 electoral votes
Wallace/LeMay: 45 electoral votes

teg

US Election 1968.png

R8qoa8b.png

Humphrey landslide. I picked Ted Kennedy and ran a straight liberal, civil rights, peace campaign. The debate did nothing, but I exposed Nixon's meddling in the peace talks for the death blow.

Asami

Banned
Humphrey landslide. I picked Ted Kennedy and ran a straight liberal, civil rights, peace campaign. The debate did nothing, but I exposed Nixon's meddling in the peace talks for the death blow.

You literally have the exact same results as me. Down to the very last state. :p

Won North Carolina as well in my next run. 76 Electoral votes! What a pity Oregon went for Nixon by one stinking tenth of a percent, delivering him 270...

Damn again!

William McKinley (Republican): 226 EV, 48.6% PV
William Jennings Bryan (Democratic): 221 EV, 50.4% PV

Which VP are you picking? I'd personally go for one from the mid-west and stay close to that the midwest, apart from maybe venturing off to the west coast to lock them in...

teg