Photos from Alternate Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to try to come up with a caption for this one? :p

"The citizens of decadent west are reminded that our Glorious Leader should be referred to as Mistress Kim Mee-Yon in all official communications and also to correct any mistaken references to her having ever been a man. Please comply or be annihilated."

Imperial Japanese Navy Submarine sailing into Pearl Harbour on the 50th anniversary of America's Defeat in the Second Great War.

I found this picture on the internet:

General Biden.png

General Biden.png

Logo of BBC Ireland, the main division of the British Broadcasting Corporation responsible for broadcasting in Ireland, producing television and radio programming and online services in both English and Irish (Gaelic).

bbc eire.png

bbc eire.png

"Texan militiaman during the Second American Civil War displays a tongue in cheek comment on what he thinks of his government. The Texan Republic was widely criticized even by its own armed forces for it's gross incompetence and disregard of international law."

8vqtYqv.jpg

Crossposted from the propaganda thread, where I originally published it:

attachment.php

Advertisement poster for the 2004 rebranding relaunch of the Putin Poutine ! fast food chain, popular particularly in the eastern provinces of Canada. After the 2004 relaunch, the chain renamed itself to Uncle Volodya's, to capitalize on the popularity of the company's CEO and mascot, Uncle Volodya Poutine (civilian birth name Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin).

The Putin family emigrated to Canada from the Soviet Union in the late 1950s and settled down in Quebec. They eventually started doing business with their own little restaurant. While struggling at first, they took a liking to the increasingly popular, locally invented recipes - among them poutine - and decided to experiment with hybridizing them with traditional Russian recipes or ingredients. The restaurant's unique approach helped it to quickly build up a good reputation throughout all of Montreál, leading to the eventual opening of a chain of local restaurants. Utilising the lucky resemblance of their surname to the name of the Canadian fries-based dish, the Putins christened the chain Putin Poutine (the ! was added in the 1980s, as part of an effort to make the chain's branding "more hip"). In the following decades, the growing company expanded throughout the entire province of Quebec, and then into the maritimes and even Ontario. Despite the economic slump the company experienced in the late 1990s and early 2000s, the 2004 rebranding seems to have done the trick. As the optimistic slogan of the rebranding campaign promised, the characteristic "oh so Russian flavour... on very Quebecois poutine !" has been preserved and further improved. Uncle Volodya's is now as popular as ever...

(OOC: Yeah, I know, terrible pun - but how could I resist ? ;) :D Besides, Putin as a Canadian poutine chain tycoon is one of the funniest ideas for a "Richard Nixon, used car salesman" scenario I've had in a long time. :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.