Guess Which Australian Survived Th Changed...

Nice how did I miss this coming out, though I can confirm there probably would be a fucking idiot in Cairns :D. I'm from Townsville local rivalries and all that, I'm well with in my rights here lol.

So what is this an exert from an an incoming book.

Worldbuilding! Sweet glorious worldbuilding! The thing that made me love the series before it became a long insufferable Wiccan-wank. And it's back!:D

Nice how did I miss this coming out, though I can confirm there probably would be a fucking idiot in Cairns :D. I'm from Townsville local rivalries and all that, I'm well with in my rights here lol.

So what is this an exert from an an incoming book.

Ayep, Fourth Excerpt from the Fourth Chapter of Generation 3 of The Emberverse. Looks like we will e going to fight off the Demonicly possessed in Korea.

Worldbuilding! Sweet glorious worldbuilding! The thing that made me love the series before it became a long insufferable Wiccan-wank. And it's back!:D

Now, now it has branched out somewhat. We even have Hellenists and Norse. Though, if anything it is a Catholic Wank in Europe and North America. We even got a cameo by the Founder of Mormonism. Also an Iowa Wank.

One of the Fan fiction Authors is even chronicling the events of the Foundation of Papal States 2.0 (Lite) in Italy.

Now, now it has branched out somewhat. We even have Hellenists and Norse. Though, if anything it is a Catholic Wank in Europe and North America. We even got a cameo by the Founder of Mormonism. Also an Iowa Wank.

One of the Fan fiction Authors is even chronicling the events of the Foundation of Papal States 2.0 (Lite) in Italy.

You're right. It's not a Wiccan-wank, or even a Neopagan-wank if we're being fair. It was just the focus on the insufferable perfect Rudi Mackenzie where I felt that the series started to lose its charm for me.

Ayep, Fourth Excerpt from the Fourth Chapter of Generation 3 of The Emberverse. Looks like we will e going to fight off the Demonicly possessed in Korea.
Now why, oh why, does Stirling need to keep including fantasy???

I found that the other week, and I like it every bit as much as any part of the books! Tragically, it seems to have not been updated for a year or so.

You're right. It's not a Wiccan-wank, or even a Neopagan-wank if we're being fair. It was just the focus on the insufferable perfect Rudi Mackenzie where I felt that the series started to lose its charm for me.

Well, he is slightly pardoned for being the King Arthur of the Montival Aka Holy Roman Empire ofNorth America. But now he is dead and his daughter is somewhat less Sueish.

Now why, oh why, does Stirling need to keep including fantasy???

I found that the other week, and I like it every bit as much as any part of the books! Tragically, it seems to have not been updated for a year or so.
Actually it's last update was in last November. With "Advancement" and "Port". If also recommend The Fure Trilogy through the roof a thousand times!!!!! Never go to the Fanfiction site through the website, anyone and everyone google it.

Id say the counter part series, Island in the Sea of Time is the SF series while Emberverse is a Modern Fantasy series.

Last edited:
I really have enjoyed Reid's "Luke Hutton's Journet". Also the stories relating to the 82nd or 101st and their march out of Fort Campbell to Duluth of all freaking places.

Some good news for those following fanfics on Kier's fanfic site.

i've got a fan-fic from Pete Sartucci that's been sitting on my desktop for (Damn! almonst a year) that I will try to typeset this weekend and post. Set in Egypt CY45.
Also, he's going to do something about the Morrowlanders, he told me. I've also got two more chapters of Luke, and I should be finishing the re-write of Kin-bonds with a load of new matrial. And Eric Open has a new story!

I did love the first Emberverse books but I gave a up a while ago. Rudi Mackenzie was one of the most annoying protagonists in AH history. He makes von Shrakenburg loveable.

I did love the first Emberverse books but I gave a up a while ago. Rudi Mackenzie was one of the most annoying protagonists in AH history. He makes von Shrakenburg loveable.

It is the general consensus amongst even many of Stirling's fans that Rudi was the worst thing to happen to this series I would say.

The fact that the last two books were kinda 'meh' was sort of a let down too. He didn't even try to hide the fact that the final battle was really just a fantasy Battle of Berlin (or at least that's the vibe I got from it).

It was a pretty lackluster ending save for the set up it gave us for the Golden Princess.

It is the general consensus amongst even many of Stirling's fans that Rudi was the worst thing to happen to this series I would say.

The fact that the last two books were kinda 'meh' was sort of a let down too. He didn't even try to hide the fact that the final battle was really just a fantasy Battle of Berlin (or at least that's the vibe I got from it).

It was a pretty lackluster ending save for the set up it gave us for the Golden Princess.

Yeah, I was really pissed that we didn't even get a single mention of what happened to the former CUT territories, aside from some Montanans were in Rudi's guard at the end. How long did it take for the fanatics to die out? What's the major religion? What's the government organized like? What do they think of Rudi and Montival in general? Is there any resentment from damage done during the war? Is there a Germany post-WW2 thing going, where they all feel really guilty as a society?

Hell, how did CORA pull through? It seemed like they were pretty fucked by the end of the war, wells poisoned and homes burned out. Dude left a hundred loose ends lying around that better be answered in the next book or I'll be really pissed.

Yeah, I was really pissed that we didn't even get a single mention of what happened to the former CUT territories, aside from some Montanans were in Rudi's guard at the end. How long did it take for the fanatics to die out? What's the major religion? What's the government organized like? What do they think of Rudi and Montival in general? Is there any resentment from damage done during the war? Is there a Germany post-WW2 thing going, where they all feel really guilty as a society?

Hell, how did CORA pull through? It seemed like they were pretty fucked by the end of the war, wells poisoned and homes burned out. Dude left a hundred loose ends lying around that better be answered in the next book or I'll be really pissed.

Yeah for all the fluff he made us sit through about politics and military matters it didn't really amount to much at the end.

See I know what he was trying to pull off (in the David Weber vein) but he just started putting in too much and didn't give us a full return on those items he put in.

Hopefully he can sort something out of the mess that was Montival with these new books. Or if he's smart he'll leave it all behind and set out on a new adventure.