Persian Dynasty maps

What is your favourite historic Iranian Plateau State?

• Total voters
Hi all, I've been making maps of the Persian Dynasties throughout history.

I'll eventually improve them, but here's what I have so far! Hope you all find them useful!

Note: All the maps are of the dynasties at their height, and so many not accurately reflect the entire span of the Empire, so please bare that in mind if you use them as reference for your TLs.

Blue coloured dynasties are during the Zoroastrian period; green are Islamic.

Median Empire - 600 BC [678-549BC] (Medes)
SU6Jsdo.png

Achaemenid Empire - 300 BC [550-330BC] (Persians)
DWyyxfa.png

Parthian Empire - 10 AD [247 BC-224 AD] (Parthians (Northwestern Iranians))
Vpddn9w.png

Sasanian Empire - 622 AD [224-651] (Persians)
HBpCbTB.png

Dabuyid Dynasty - 750 AD [642-760] (Tabari Persians)
SM8845f.png

Saffarid Dynasty - 870 AD [861-1003] (Persians)
oT3V4cK.png

Ghaznavid Empire - 1050 AD [962-1186] (Persianised Turks)
5RMV6vf.png

Great Seljuq Empire - 1090 AD [1037-1194] (Turco-Persians)
68fdDEU.png

Khwarezmian Dynasty - 1206 AD [1077-1231] (Turkic Mamluk/Qipchaq origin - Persianised)
Im2twuK.png

Ilkhanate - 1258 AD [1256-1335] (Mongols)
VUVZKSU.png

Muzaffarid Dynasty - 1350 [1314-1393] (Persians)
l9wWIm6.png

Timurid Empire - 1405 [1370-1507] (Turco-Mongols, heavily Persianised)
73Gwa8V.png

Safavid Dynasty - 1650 [1501-1736] (Kurds)
oTJlnQ3.png

Hotaki Empire -1724 [1709-1738] (Pashtuns)
zYqeTgq.png

Afsharid Dynasty - 1739 [1736-1796] (Khorasan Turks, Persianised)
k3GfSvB.png

Zand Dynasty - 1755 [1750-1794] (Disputed - most likely Kurds)
bjm67RP.png

Durrani Empire - 1789 [1747-1862] (Pashtuns)
56b4ItZ.png

Qajar Dynasty - 1813 [1785-1925] (Persianised Turks)
wc3EW2c.png

Pahlavi Dynasty - 1970 [1925-1979] (Persians)
qobF8D5.png

I'll do more soon, I also need to add cities.

Wow, great job :)

Thanks very much! I've tried to do a fair amount of research, I will get a better base map soon, and I'll add in cities :)

I will also try to add more of the short-living dynasties, but the problem is there is a lack of information about their borders.

That's helpful thanks, I can use that for other stuff, but I need a map that focuses on the Middle East and Central Asia for this! If you find one please tell me, thank you!! :)

You're just using an older outdated, less detailed and more inaccurate version of that map. You just had to crop the new one, or I could do it for you.

justcropit.png

You're just using an older outdated, less detailed and more inaccurate version of that map. You just had to crop the new one, or I could do it for you.

I need one that is larger in size is what I meant but thank you anyway! :)

Modern-day Iran has a pretty cool shape, with the Median Empire a distant second. But I wouldn't call Pahlavi Iran my favourite...

Achaemenid Empire had the coolest name, plus Persia stronk, etc., plus fire temples, so I'm gonna go with them.

Dorozhand

Banned
My favorites in order:

1) The Sassanids

2) The Safavids

3) The Timurids

4) Aq Qoyunlu (everybody forgets about them, but they lasted over 150 years and ruled most of Persia, which is more than can be said of the Muzzafarids and Dabuyids)

Dorozhand

Banned
The Aq Qoynulu were Turkic and not a Persian or Persianate dynasty.
Neither were the Seleucids, Ghaznavids, Seljuqs, Khwarezmids, Ilkhanate, Timurids, Hotaki, Zand, Afsharids or Qajarids. If we're going to include the Durrani, who barely ruled any of Iran, then we might as well include a state that ruled most of it. Also, the poll says "What is your favourite Iranian Plateau state".

Neither were the Seleucids, Ghaznavids, Seljuqs, Khwarezmids, Ilkhanate, Timurids, Hotaki, Zand, Afsharids or Qajarids. If we're going to include the Durrani, who barely ruled any of Iran, then we might as well include a state that ruled most of it. Also, the poll says "What is your favourite Iranian Plateau state".

I specified Persianate, the Khwarezmids, Seljuqs, Ilkhanate etc were at least Persianate states, the White Sheep Turks weren't

Dorozhand

Banned
I specified Persianate, the Khwarezmids, Seljuqs, Ilkhanate etc were at least Persianate states, the White Sheep Turks weren't

What do you mean by Persianate? If you mean those that became Persianized, Aq Qoyunlu rulers employed the Persian bureaucracy in their rule and called themselves Shahanshah. And what is your point? The poll didn't specify "Persianate" state, it specified Iranian Plateau state.

What do you mean by Persianate? If you mean those that became Persianized, Aq Qoyunlu rulers employed the Persian bureaucracy in their rule and called themselves Shahanshah. And what is your point? The poll didn't specify "Persianate" state, it specified Iranian Plateau state.

I apologise dooste, but my maps were specifically of Persianate states, the Aq Qoyunlu spoke Turkic Azeri in their courts and their culture was Turkic, but you are right to point out my hypocritical error with including the Seleucids in the poll.