AHC: New Canadian flag

President Lenin said:
This. :p

panel33-1.jpg
You could at least have used The Four Lads, or Paul Anka...:rolleyes::p

I like this one, though I'd add six or seven more stars :D

Not necessary. Just have Montana annex Alberta and North Dakota Saskactu... you know, I have no idea how to spell that province's name. BC can be its own State (my State already has enough urban in it, thank you very much).

Personally, I LIKE the current flag.

Ya, you could tweak it a bit, but its simple and elegant, and kindergartners can draw a recognizible version.

Two tinctures, two charges, you cant get much more elegant heraldically than that.

And its instantly distinctive.

No, for once, a committee made a GOOD decision.

Personally, I LIKE the current flag.

Ya, you could tweak it a bit, but its simple and elegant, and kindergartners can draw a recognizible version.

Two tinctures, two charges, you cant get much more elegant heraldically than that.

And its instantly distinctive.

No, for once, a committee made a GOOD decision.

Despite my earlier post, I should make it clear that I agree with you. It's brilliant aesthetically; I only favour the Pennant for political reasons. The Canadian flag is one of the best flags created in modern times, not too busy, not too simple.

We seriously dodged a bullet not having any of that Union Jack bullshit on our flag.

If you try to represent individual ethnic groups which make up Canada, it would make a very busy flag. Having the fleur de lis smaller than the maple leaf may be construed as mocking French language laws in Quebec, and white is not representative of First Nations. It's difficult to have a universal Canadian symbol, but I like beavers. There's no Canadian maple, although the Norwegian maple is represented on the $20 bill. As a comedian once said, "If there's two things I hate, its racists and Norwegians".

White man puts white on the flag to represent natives.... Hmmm... I doubt that would go over well, ... :)

Haha, well since most natives in Canada live in the north, the white may represent their "connection" with the northern land, ice, whatsoever. It may be ignorant from me, but I just felt like it. :p

If you try to represent individual ethnic groups which make up Canada, it would make a very busy flag. Having the fleur de lis smaller than the maple leaf may be construed as mocking French language laws in Quebec, and white is not representative of First Nations. It's difficult to have a universal Canadian symbol, but I like beavers. There's no Canadian maple, although the Norwegian maple is represented on the $20 bill. As a comedian once said, "If there's two things I hate, its racists and Norwegians".

Yeah, but well, that was my best shot.

IIRC at the time of the changeover there was said to be substantial public support for the beaver.

Has anyone designed a nice beaver flag?

Could we use this one instead of that other leaf. It is a bit boring with that one and this one is more or less the same:

dibujos-de-marihuana-14594.jpg