Photos from Featherston's Confederacy/ TL-191

hello+008.jpg

A copy of former US president James G. Blaine's Twenty Years of Congress first published in 1887. Written after his single term as president, the two volume set spends most of its time covering the period from 1861 to 1881 with the first eight chapters covering the history of congress and the United States from the adoption of the constitution to the secession of the Confederacy. The books are highly critical of the pre-war South, the Confederacy, and the Democratic party. It is note worthy that the history ends with his innaguration, and only lightly touches on his time in office. In spite of the low opinion of the author, the books sold quite well until the turn of the 20th century.

A copy of former US president James G. Blaine's Twenty Years of Congress first published in 1887. Written after his single term as president, the two volume set spends most of its time covering the period from 1861 to 1881 with the first eight chapters covering the history of congress and the United States from the adoption of the constitution to the secession of the Confederacy. The books are highly critical of the pre-war South, the Confederacy, and the Democratic party. It is note worthy that the history ends with his innaguration, and only lightly touches on his time in office. In spite of the low opinion of the author, the books sold quite well until the turn of the 20th century.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but do you know where I can buy that book?

^ Cool find. :cool:

letsgo.jpg

British made propaganda shipped by British agents to Anglo-Canadain rebels during the Canadian rebellion of 1942.

Glenn_Beck_Restoring_Honor_Finger_Pointing.jpg

American historian and author Glenn Beck at a historians convention in Washington D.C. in 2011. The convention showcased the premire of Becks non fiction book "Restoring Honor: The Legacy of Lincoln". Beck is one of many historians, both contemporary and past, who has called for a general re-evaluation of Lincoln's legacy. In his book, Beck argues that Lincoln may not have been a great president, but an excellent statesman, that the loss of the Union was through no fault of his own, and could Lincoln could very well have been a great president had circumstances prevailed and the War of Southern Sussesion had been won by the Union, among other points.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but do you know where I can buy that book?
I found my copy (Looks exactly like those pictured) in a local book store, but you can find them on ebay for about fifty bucks. Amazon also seems to have a few reprints. I actually recomend them. They are a good read, and combined the two have 31 appendixes full of information.

tachanka_g.jpg

An artists deception of the Confederate Tachanka, the design itself borrowed from the Russian Empire. While seldom used by the CS Army, it underwent several tests in the years before the Great War, and even some were used in the war itself, albeit only a few.

Featherstonelectionposter.jpg

An enormous Jake Featherston banner posted in Richmond's Capitol Square in 1939, in the midst of the sham Confederate presidential election that ensued after Featherston succeeded in pressuring the Confederate Supreme Court into repealing the Constitutional amendment on presidential term limits. Featherston, needless to say, was reelected in a landslide, to the delight of millions of white Confederate Freedom Party supporters, and to the horror of the millions of disenfranchised negroes who would suffer the worst under Featherston very soon.

british union of facists rally

they did indeed hold a massive rally at Earls court exhibition centre in london, the Police were excluded but the newsreels of the day captured stewards from the rally brutally attacking hecklers the brutality was seen as " not british " and the BUF lost newspaper support and after the rally they really went to the fringe of politics. if anyone is interested there is an excellent biography of Mosley written by Robert skidedsky a left of centre historian which covers it in much detail.

The last two are ingenious. :D

Also, I like the mild-mannered alt-Glenn Beck who's defending Lincoln. :)

Thanks. :D The ones I posted where from the "Pictures from the CSA Thread", (which I hope will start up again). Since they both involve the CSA winning the Civil War, allot of the pics worked. Surprisingly, the Glenn Beck one worked great. :D

Roosevelt_and_Barclay.gif

US Secretary of War Franklin D. Roosevelt with Liberian President Edwin J. Barclay at the Monrovia Conference of 1943. During GWII, Liberia was a loyal ally of the Central Powers, and fought bravely against French attempts at invasion.

British_Columbia_Regiment_1940.jpg

The famous "Wait for Me, Daddy" photo, showing American troops parading in New Westminster, Occupied British Columbia in 1941. The boy in the photo, Warren "Whitey" Bernard, ran away from his mother to his father, Private Jack Bernard, a Canadian serving in the US occupation Army. The photo subsequently became famous in the US during GWII and was used in war bond drives.

Based on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wait_for_Me,_Daddy

US forces during the Siege of Richmond, using equipment made with assistance from Germany, hence the Iron Cross.

Confederate tanks in Texas, hence the desert terrain. These tanks were based on designs from Silvershirtist Britain.

^ Silvershirtist Britain? Not sure if that term is needed. Out of all the Entente Powers, Great Britain remained a democracy. The government only entered into a coalition with Mosely's party to keep them from getting to powerful.

I really should say, I imagine Mosely's "National Party" (as I dubbed it :p) would be more Italian based Fascism as we know it. Since Britain remains a democracy, I cant see Mosely's party being the raving, antisemitic thugs they were IOTL. They still have the Silvershirts, their para-military whing, but its probably more for spectacle. The National Party is the main far right party in Britain, while there would probably be even more Fascistic and radical parties like the Imperial Fascist League, which would probably be more like the Freedomites as TTL would know it. I imagine they would be fringe groups though. The National Party would be more "Right Wing leaning towards Fascism". Remember, Fascism develops slightly differently ITTL, as Britain wouldn't go as far right as France or the CSA, since they didnt lose the war nearly as bad as they did.

Makes sense?

lord-haw-haw.jpg

Irish Marines stationed in Belfast capture the infamous Mosleyite British propaganda broadcaster William "Lord Haw Haw" Joyce in June, 1944, after he tried to escape from his studio in Belfast to a British transport ship en route to Cardiff. Joyce, an American Irishmen who left Ireland for England during the Ulster Rebellion, became a key member of Oswald Mosely's National Party. Duirng the Second Great War, Joyce became one of the most famous British propaganda broadcatsers, broadcasting pro-British/Mosleyite propaganda throughout Britian and occupied Ireland, the later location of which he spent the last days of the war centred in. Joyce would be executed by the Irish authorities in Dublin on February 23, 1945.

(Since Joyce and his family were Unionists, and since were talking about Great Britain, thought I might as well fix this. Original is here BTW.)

Last edited:
One would think Joyce, being a pro-Empire stalwart like the rest of his family, would have moved to Great Britain in the 1910s. Like he did in real life.

One would think Joyce, being a pro-Empire stalwart like the rest of his family, would have moved to Great Britain in the 1910s. Like he did in real life.

I imagine he did. Maybe he just happened to be in Ireland right before the Second Great War broke out. Either that, or he moved from Britain to Ireland after the invasion to spread his propaganda to occupied Ireland.

I imagine he did. Maybe he just happened to be in Ireland right before the Second Great War broke out. Either that, or he moved from Britain to Ireland after the invasion to spread his propaganda to occupied Ireland.

Well either way, he wouldn't have been a collaborator or a traitor if he didn't pledge allegiance to the Republic to begin with.