Muslim Europe, Christian Middle East Mk. III

Here it is a religious map of the year 2006 AD or 1427 AH:

Color Key: Yellow is how far Christianity is spread out, purple being how far Islam is spread out. It is a bit unfinished, but I can always go back to work on it if need be.

BaseMap.png

Last edited:
Condottiero said:
It was quite dramatic as the noble that rebelled was Hermenegild, the son of King Leovigild, that died in the process. The next king converted to catholicism.

However there were still serious tensions between the hispano-romans and the visigoths and the hispano-romans and the jews. In fact when muslims arrived huge portions of the hispano-romans supported them and most of the jews thinking that it was a mere change in the rulers to a better situation.

In my opinion berbers, in your TL berbers could be welcomed as liberators, in case they were mainly chrisitanized they could probably be absorbed leading to a mixed society. Visigoths would be pushed north and probably be confined in the less latinized regions of the north and the north west.

The Jewish population welcomed the Muslim force in because of the persectuing the Visigothic Catholic kings did to them. But wasn't the Muslim arrival to Iberia because of the fact one Visigothic noble called on them to help him fight teh Visigothic king whom he had a dispute with?

Shows that late conversion of a "heretical" upper class never works in the end yet can still have an impact.

TyrannusZero said:
The Jewish population welcomed the Muslim force in because of the persectuing the Visigothic Catholic kings did to them. But wasn't the Muslim arrival to Iberia because of the fact one Visigothic noble called on them to help him fight teh Visigothic king whom he had a dispute with?
That's right, the problems with elective monarchy and the angry relatives of a deceased king...

TyrannusZero said:
No comments on the map! Infidels! :p

Well, for starters Persia and northern India should be Christian, or at least mixed. And since the Nestorian khanates control Arabia and Persia, Nestorian traders will probably take Christianity into Indonesia and maybe even Australia.

MerryPrankster said:
Well, for starters Persia and northern India should be Christian, or at least mixed. And since the Nestorian khanates control Arabia and Persia, Nestorian traders will probably take Christianity into Indonesia and maybe even Australia.
Ah. Well, no problem there. Same with the other two parcels of land.

chunkeymonkey13q said:
The timeline is a good start, but seems like it needs a good deal more "fleshing out" to me.

You are correct. The conversion of the steppe tribes to Nestorian Christianity and the initial conquests in Persia need to be taken care, along with the conversion of Scandinavia to Islam and the rise of the Emir of the Forests who destroys the Franks.

Spain has been all but ignored.

Do you have any ideas on what I should do?

chunkeymonkey13q said:
At the moment, no, but I'm working on a timeline in the same era. If you want, I wouldn't mind actively helping you with your's.

Feel free to send PMs with ideas, or post suggestions in the thread.

TyrannusZero said:
Any problems with the religious map?

Not sure. I haven't thought about the effects the changes in the West would have on the Far East or Indian Ocean basin, for example, nor have I really thought about the Americas.

Owing to the fact that Britain is Christian and Iceland is likely to become Christian (during the time of the Nestorian invasion of the Arab lands, it was 75% Norse pagan and a smaller percent Christian, with a Muslim minority the pagan majority, egged on by the Christians, delighted in persecuting), one would think there'd be more Christian territory in North America. It seems more likely that the situation would be a mix--Muslim and Christian territories in both continents.

Let's let the religion map stand for the time being, though.

MerryPrankster said:
Not sure. I haven't thought about the effects the changes in the West would have on the Far East or Indian Ocean basin, for example, nor have I really thought about the Americas.

Owing to the fact that Britain is Christian and Iceland is likely to become Christian (during the time of the Nestorian invasion of the Arab lands, it was 75% Norse pagan and a smaller percent Christian, with a Muslim minority the pagan majority, egged on by the Christians, delighted in persecuting), one would think there'd be more Christian territory in North America. It seems more likely that the situation would be a mix--Muslim and Christian territories in both continents.

Let's let the religion map stand for the time being, though.

I just used slightly different archtypes when making the map. I used Arab expanison in Africa the basis for Christian expanison, a better Muslim Viking settlement in North America for the basis of that landmass' Islamic flavor and the Nestorian Mongols/Turks march as you have implied for much of India's alignment into the Christian camp. South America, blame that on Hispania.