Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40957

Sian Lorens is the St. Lawrence.

I like the names, they've got a very Lord of the Rings feel.

I'm guessing Vustar is Worcester(sp?), Mian is Maine, and Sian Lorens is Saint Laurence(Sp?).

EDIT: Ninja'd on the last one. I'll replace it by saying Caven is Kevin.

VT45

Banned
Both of you are correct on Saint Lawrence, Worcester, Maine, and Kevin. Just don't forget the accents, as they are important in the Acadian writing system. <c> is pronounced as /k/ for example, while <ć> is pronounced like the English <ch>.

And if you're wondering what the (more...) link in the infobox is, it's a link to the way that the Kings of New England have styled themselves over the years. Caveń styles himself thusly:

Caveń, by the Grace of God, King of New England, Lord of the Fourteen Acadian Realms, Archduke of Massachusetts, and Master of the Maritime Archipelago.

Of course, like a good American Catholic monarch, the title is left in Classical English (the language spoken today at the turn of the 21st century).

Here's the scenario if a poll turns out to be right in the percentages. Also, fall of BQ and the loss of Green's one seat.

2015_Canadian_ Election_Infobox_Trudeau.png

Good infobox, though I don't think JT will form a government in 2015. I think a Liberal-NDP merger might be necessary before Harper's government falls.
Like Reform and the PCs did? That would be interesting. The color they will take... Wonder if it will be orange, or red... There's a reddish-orange they can use.

Like Reform and the PCs did? That would be interesting. The color they will take... Wonder if it will be orange, or red... There's a reddish-orange they can use.

I suspect red - a good left color - will probably be the color of the new party.

A parody logo has been made, that looks something like this...

libdem.JPG

Continued from my previous post, the British Empire this time. The British Empire began a slow process of federalization between the World Wars, staring with the white dominions. After World War 2, they began to slowly federalize the colonies (except for India which effectively became a semi-independent dominion in personal union with the British monarch). At first, it was essentially white minority rule until the beginning of the 21st century. The majority of the Empire is non-white and there hasn't been a white Prime Minister in over fifty years. Tensions are beginning to rise between the different regions of the Empire. Many African MPs are making noise about moving the capital, since London is an overcrowded city that's a shadow of its former self. One MP from Nigeria called it a "provincial backwater", which caused a bit of an uproar though there are serious proposals to move the capital to a city like Lagos, Johanasberg, Nairobi or Cape Town--i.e., some place closer to the actual center of power in the Empire. In the white dominions, white/Anglo nationalist parties are very popular, often running first or second in most elections there. But despite the differences, the United Kingdom remains one of the world's most powerful superpowers, especially when linked with India.

William V is Britain's first centenarian monarch, though he's only the sixth-longest reigning monarch due to the fact that he came to the throne when he was fifty years old. Moses Kimunya is the seventh consecutive African Prime Minister and is the second-consecutive Conservative PM, the party having held power since 2066 in a coalition with the centrist Imperial Democratic Party. The fact that the Empire has had seven straight African Prime Ministers and that only six whites have held one of the four Great Offices of State in that time has really rankled white nationalists in the white dominions. Federalization of the non-white colonies is now viewed as a mistake by them.

MnYCf.png

Hang on a sec. There's a George, Prince of Wales listed among King William's Issue, but his Heir Apparent is listed as Katharine, Princess of Wales.

How does that work?

Hang on a sec. There's a George, Prince of Wales listed among King William's Issue, but his Heir Apparent is listed as Katharine, Princess of Wales.

How does that work?
Since its the 2070s, we might be looking at the future first transsexual monarch of the United Kingdom of the British Empire...

And somehow Gordon Brown went African...

Looks like an interesting premise, any chance of a full timeline?

Someday maybe.

(Whose photo did you use for William's photo)?

George II of Greece.

How does that work?

Prince George died a few years ago waiting for throne to open up. His daughter Katherine is the heir now.

Consistently driving on the Left?

Does Driving on the left apply to the entire empire? Must make the US/Canadian border *very* interesting...

Note, as best as I can tell, the border crossing with a switch iOTL that would have seen the most traffic (relative to other places at the same time) probably was the German(Right)/Czechoslovak(Left) border before WWII *or* Hong Kong/China...

Was Canada driving on the Right or the Left prior to the POD?

Status
Not open for further replies.