Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a tip for you, when you make your wikibox, clear your history before you finish it so the link's don't show up in purple, but blue.

But you're off to a good start. Keep it up.

I did, but I forgot to delete yesterdays history as well, and by that time it was too late :eek:

Here's a tip for you, when you make your wikibox, clear your history before you finish it so the link's don't show up in purple, but blue.

But you're off to a good start. Keep it up.

Or just use links to pages you've never visited. For example, say you want to link to Germany. But you visited the Germany page recently. Rather than clearing your history, just insert [[ABC|Germany]], where ABC is a Wikipedia page you've never visited.

Or just use links to pages you've never visited. For example, say you want to link to Germany. But you visited the Germany page recently. Rather than clearing your history, just insert [[ABC|Germany]], where ABC is a Wikipedia page you've never visited.

That's what I do. I used to make every single link go to "hamburger." But then one day I got curious about what it the hamburger article actually looked like and ruined everything. Actually, that was the day I figured out how to delete my browsing history, since I figured that would be easier than changing all of my infoboxes.

Abhakhazia

Banned
That's what I do. I used to make every single link go to "hamburger." But then one day I got curious about what it the hamburger article actually looked like and ruined everything. Actually, that was the day I figured out how to delete my browsing history, since I figured that would be easier than changing all of my infoboxes.

Actually, I have Chrome so I just go incognito and work around it that way. I've been single long enough to forget the #1 Guy Rule- Always clear your browsing data, she's nosy. :p

JSmith

Banned
And the very last bit of appetite-whetting before my TL comes out. Make yourselves ready:
Interesting so this President Eckert was Defense Secretary during WW3 and President during First Contact-am I correct in assuming you are using the First Contact dates? Do you have any Federation elements or can you not say yet :)

Interesting so this President Eckert was Defense Secretary during WW3 and President during First Contact-am I correct in assuming you are using the First Contact dates? Do you have any Federation elements or can you not say yet :)

Yeah, First Contact is a Star Trek film, and one thing I've committed to in this is doing my utmost to maintain anything explicitly said in a live action Star Trek film or episode unless it directly contradicts either something else explicitly said in the same or basic common sense.

There are more elements, and I may continue to make wikiboxes as the TL goes, but this is all you're getting until the first part of the TL comes out. Keep an eye out, should be by the weekend in the ASB forum. I'll try to remember to post a notice here when it goes up.

JSmith

Banned
Yeah, First Contact is a Star Trek film, and one thing I've committed to in this is doing my utmost to maintain anything explicitly said in a live action Star Trek film or episode unless it directly contradicts either something else explicitly said in the same or basic common sense.

There are more elements, and I may continue to make wikiboxes as the TL goes, but this is all you're getting until the first part of the TL comes out. Keep an eye out, should be by the weekend in the ASB forum. I'll try to remember to post a notice here when it goes up.
Awesome. Im definitely looking forward to it :)

Here's an update from my previous FH/ASB timeline. Here's the \ to refresh people's minds. Anyway, some American politics. First up are the major American parties, ranked from left to right by most votes received in the last Congressional election. The National Party has dominated American politics for the pasty forty or so years, being the only party to crack more than 40% of the vote during that time (other parties have only cracked 20% three times during that span). The Democrats have faded to obscurity as a minor, rather leftist party while the Republicans remain the largest opposition. The Nationals generally operate in a coalition with the Greens and (more recently) the Progressives. Then some infoboxes for some rather prominent American politicians. Last and most certainly not least is the current Cabinet of the United States, which I'm just going to link to since it's a very long table.

mS3ze.png

1A3Ze.png

The above aside, holy this those people are not only really long lived, but gettig elected to office in their 60's and 70's. :eek:

Here's an update from my previous FH/ASB timeline. Here's the \ to refresh people's minds. Anyway, some American politics. First up are the major American parties, ranked from left to right by most votes received in the last Congressional election. The National Party has dominated American politics for the pasty forty or so years, being the only party to crack more than 40% of the vote during that time (other parties have only cracked 20% three times during that span). The Democrats have faded to obscurity as a minor, rather leftist party while the Republicans remain the largest opposition. The Nationals generally operate in a coalition with the Greens and (more recently) the Progressives. Then some infoboxes for some rather prominent American politicians. Last and most certainly not least is the current Cabinet of the United States, which I'm just going to link to since it's a very long table.

In the link, I found the office "Chief of the State Planning Comission". DOes that mean the USA went commie/has been commie at any point in your TL? Or is the task of the office different to what I think it is?

Do capitalist, free-market societies need a "State Planning Comission"? And what does it mean that the office is held by a member of the Progressive Party, described as "center-left"?

Is that...is that Geert Wilders?

Yes... I am 99% sure he is. And Dmitry Medvedev is also here for the party!

The above aside, holy this those people are not only really long lived, but gettig elected to office in their 60's and 70's. :eek:

Yes it is. Those images are just placeholders and are generally what I imagine those people looking like.

In the link, I found the office "Chief of the State Planning Comission". DOes that mean the USA went commie/has been commie at any point in your TL? Or is the task of the office different to what I think it is?

Do capitalist, free-market societies need a "State Planning Comission"? And what does it mean that the office is held by a member of the Progressive Party, described as "center-left"?

The United States has become very corporatist and technocratic, with a lot of government involvement in the economy, so they need an office to coordinate their efforts. It doesn't mean much that a centre-left party runs it. They're essentially just leftist corporatists.

Longism_wikibox.png

Yes, I know it says "Democratic Union Party." No reference to the OTL DUP.

ITTL, the Union Party merges Democratic Party after Long wins the presidency in 1940.

VT45

Banned
A little teaser for my FHTL. I've got most of my ideas in my head, and am just about ready to write the prologue, which I will do in both English and Acadian. I'm aware that at this point, they won't actually have cameras or photographs, but this gives you an idea of what the people look like. They also won't be using our dating system (well, they'll still be using the 12 month Gregorian calendar, but they won't reckon the year to be 3000, rather the current year for them is 943 AF), but I used these dates for your convenience, so we know what's going on.

Also, all the proper nouns are of course in Acadian. See if you can work out what the names were in our time!

Aireacht1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.