A Blank Map Thread

Thande said:
Just out of interest, those divisions of Argentina; do they go back a long way, or are they a relatively recent government invention?

I have no idea, as I don't know much about its history. The only thing I know is that they're all provinces, except for the Tierra del Fuego territory.

And thanks for the good comments.

A county map from "B(something) New World"...

counties of Europe.PNG

Right. Version 5 of my blank map; the original base map is in the public domaim at Wikipedia. I've made a number of corrections and additions, here's what I can recall from the top of my head:

1. Changed the colour of the borders on the map from white to black.
2. Added Montenegro.
3. Changed Northern Ireland border.
4. Added Antartica and marked in the icesheets of Antarctica.
5. Added the Aleutian and Kuril Islands.
6. Added numerous islands and microstates, such as Guam, Diego Garcia, Bermuda, Ascension, the Azores, the Channel Islands, the Canary Islands, Komandorsky island, Nunvak island and numerous other islands in the Pacific and Atlantic.

I hope to add more in future versions of the map including states and provinces. Please inform me of any mistakes or of any additions you would like me to make by posting on this thread or by PMing me.

worldv5.png

Version 5.1:

1. Canary Islands actually moved to where the Canary Islands are.
2. Cape Verde Islands added.
3. Added state and provincial boundaries to Australia, Canada and the United States. Also added national boundaries to the United Kingdom.

worldv5.1.png

What's with the weird huge dots? I mean, is it that hard to draw islands?
Err, yeah, thanks for the compliment. The dots are micronations and island states; it's helpful if you don't want to spend your time squirming your eyes out.

Hapsburg

Banned
Err, yeah, thanks for the compliment. The dots are micronations and island states; it's helpful if you don't want to spend your time squirming your eyes out.
I'm saying the map's bad. I'm just saying that it just looks odd and takes a bit of time to edit them out when using that as a template. Good map, though. I like the state borders for the US and Canada.

I'm saying the map's bad. I'm just saying that it just looks odd and takes a bit of time to edit them out when using that as a template. Good map, though. I like the state borders for the US and Canada.
If you want I could make an alternate version without them?

Thande

Donor
Brilliant map Floid. The only thing I'd like is a border around the outside of the continents - I'll have a go at doing one now...

Thande

Donor
I prefer your bordered version to mine.

I'm going to sort Antarctica out though, and maybe change the colour scheme...

Thande

Donor
Here ya go, Highlander.

I shrunk it to half the size but I still had to GIF it to make it
small enough to post. And it nearly crashed MY computer
in the process. :rolleyes:

Copy of Hyowj NA.GIF