Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

An AWACS killer.

tupolevanalog.40.png

Other WIPs for the Grand Duchy of Lemuria. Three airliners of the Ducal Lemurian Airways (an OTL Beechcraft 1900-D, Bae 146 and Boeing 757-200). The Bae 146 is not to scale. In case you're wondering, the country's flag looks like this - hence the colour scheme for the planes.

dla preview.png

Not entirely sure what this is or if it ever made it off the drawing board to a prototype design stage, but it looks pretty out there nonetheless.

v44.jpg

As near as I can tell, it looks like some sort of crazy VTOL version of an AC-130 gunship.

Not entirely sure what this is or if it ever made it off the drawing board to a prototype design stage, but it looks pretty out there nonetheless.
As near as I can tell, it looks like some sort of crazy VTOL version of an AC-130 gunship.

Configurationally similar to Curtiss X-19.

Scan3.jpg

NothingNow

Banned

It looks like someone at boeing got some pretty potent shit and decided that a gunship version of the Quad TiltRotor was a good idea.

And a GAU-8 would've fucked up that airframe so much. A pair of Vulcans would've only made the vibration even worse.

Could someone do a combat version of an X-31?

Why do you need one? The original aircraft was research only and had a severely limited load. You might widen your aspirations to imagine a Gripen with paddles. It is combat-worthy and can gross twice the weight.

Why do you need one? The original aircraft was research only and had a severely limited load. You might widen your aspirations to imagine a Gripen with paddles. It is combat-worthy and can gross twice the weight.

Why not? I just think it would be a cool image.:D

Boeing 797's...

(not mine, from popular mechanics, or popular science magazines...)

I heard the "797" name is just a hoax/conjecture. The proper testbed name would be the X-48. The pictures from PM are just an idea of what the X-48 could evolve into. I'd welcome such a future, since it looks like a pretty effective plane.

Nevertheless, it does look like the stereotypical "airliner of the future". :) Kind of reminds me of all the futuristic planes you would gradually receive in Chris Sawyer's Transport Tycoon Deluxe after you've entered the 21st century. :D (Ah, I love that game. It never gets old.)

Last edited: