TL-191: After the End

I just realized that I forgot to ask you the other day, Dave: I'm sure these updates are a lot of work, but I was wondering when exactly will be the stopping point. Do you intend for it to go up until 2009? Or will the 2010s be covered as well?

Probably too far off to think about, I'd imagine, but I think we'd all like to know. :)

Will Japan ever get Hokkaido back?

There will not be a political reunion between the JWR and the Republic of Ezo, at least by the time the TL ends.

I just realized that I forgot to ask you the other day, Dave: I'm sure these updates are a lot of work, but I was wondering when exactly will be the stopping point. Do you intend for it to go up until 2009? Or will the 2010s be covered as well?

Probably too far off to think about, I'd imagine, but I think we'd all like to know. :)

The timeline will end at 2009.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

It was mostly a thing of necessity. This thread is quite long, but most of it is just discussion and the relative scatteredness of the updates could scare off potential new readers.

The Day of the Fat Beetles, perhaps?

Not bad. :D

Good find! Thanks for posting it.

My pleasure. It's been posted in one of the media threads over here for ages, and already two years ago, I thought : "If Dave sends the Germans to the Moon as the first, this would look kickass in his TL." So, there...

They have, by the 1980s. And things will continue to improve for them (and France) into the 21st century.

Good to hear. They really need to recover from the worst of their SGW past.

The timeline will end at 2009.

Well, three updates to go then (if you continue using the "decade in a single post" method)...

Excellent write up! Consider it cannon.

:D

Here's the final version. My personal idea for Doctor Lexington's future is that the Confederacy starts a war against both sides once they're exhausted, prolonging the war and making the warring powers even more ruthless. It would fit the nihilist movement well, I think.

idAX1rwawPx8P.png

Last edited:
David, that was one hel of an update. I seriously commend the depth upon which you developed the decade. And can't wait so see what you have in store for the 1980s.