Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, big enough where I can fit all 3. I open up one photo. Good enough. I try to open the second one, and I have to start a new page to do so. In this case, I'm not allowed to have more than 1 photo at a time.

I do, big enough where I can fit all 3. I open up one photo. Good enough. I try to open the second one, and I have to start a new page to do so. In this case, I'm not allowed to have more than 1 photo at a time.

I'm trying to figure out what you're doing wrong, and it's hard.

A guess, you are trying to open files via Paint (i.e. going to File->Open and selecting your file). Don't do that, just open each image from the folder they are in. Or go to the start menu and just open Paint more than once, then open them.
Any help?

Why yes actually. I found that what I had to do was select "Paste From" and I can have more than 1. Expect a TL soon. Not entirely with real characters, more from a piece of fic I'm working on for authenticity.

Abhakhazia

Banned
Another from WI: The French Revolution Happened 30 Years Earlier.

amtory.png

This one's from a fic on FF.net I'm writing called Day 9. Fictional, yes, but I'm doing a bit of an election and will have the results county by county in due time. I plan to post more of this soon. And yes, that is William Fichtner. I can't see anyone else playing the President.

Faheyfull.jpg

This one's from a fic on FF.net I'm writing called Day 9. Fictional, yes, but I'm doing a bit of an election and will have the results county by county in due time. I plan to post more of this soon. And yes, that is William Fichtner. I can't see anyone else playing the President.

Oxford, Georgia? Weren't most presidents Ivy Leaguers?

Now that we've got that figured out, England! Unsurprisingly, the United Kingdom was on the losing end of World War III. Like France and Germany, it suffered greatly because of the war. Not long after the conclusion, the UK descended into general anarchy and revolution. The Royal Family fled for Australia, Ireland seized Norther Ireland, the Communists took over in Scotland, and the U.S. invaded and occupied Canada to prevent it from falling to the Communists. Meanwhile, in England, things generally went pretty poorly, and a fascist dictatorship seized power, with the U.S., Germany and Soviet Union worried that England would turn out like pre-WWII France.

Communist Scotland and fascist England stared down each other for a while, until a war broke out in the early 2050's. The newly-revived NATO (mostly the U.S. and its Nordic allies) intervened, toppling the Scottish Soviet Republic and the Social Republic of England and putting in new democratic republican governments. England remains a strong ally of the United States (probably America's strongest European ally).

xjfZN.png

After the Anglo-Scottish War, the Commonwealth of England adopted a federal parliamentary government. England didn't adopt St. George's Cross as their flag because of its close association with the fascist regime. The current Prime Ministers if Horace Whatley of the Republican Party. He currently leads a centre/centre-left coalition comprised of the Republican Party (centrist), the Labour Party (centre-left) and the Centre Party (centrist, duh). The opposition is primarily lead by the centre-right Conservative Party and the far-right National Front (mostly fascist-era apologists, but still popular amongst the elderly and the youth).

l3c8A.png

-------
Past Infoboxes
Scott Bush
Philip II, Emperor of the United States
Princess Catherine, Princess of Columbia
Imperial Eagle crash
Victoria, Empress of the United States
Benjamin G. Thurman
Jake Dupree
House of Washington
List of American monarchs
United States of America
American Commonwealth Community
Acidalian Civil War
Elijah V. Crowder
U.S. Democratic Party
Federal German Empire
Horst Gessler
Friederich Wilhelm VII, German Emperor

Sure, I'm writing him as an educated man who comes across as smart but not elitist and more folksy than other Democrats might come off as to Southerners and Westerners.

4.9% non human population and Secretary of State for the Colonies? Interesting!

England doesn't have too many of them anymore. They lost a good portion of them following the dissolution of the United Kingdom, with most of them declaring for the Australian government in Canberra and King Leopold IV and others declaring for the new republican Confederation of Canada. But, imperialism is one of the goals of Horace Whatley.

So Bill Clinton?

Funny you mention it, as Fahey's born in Arkansas as well. In a number of ways, like Clinton (who does exist in this universe), but more liberal and progressive than a centrist. Socially liberal (save for gun control), economically and fiscally liberal (anti-war, supports UHC, pro civil liberties, wants to continue New Deal programs), but comes from Colorado and a humble background. He would've been a lock to win the election in any case with GOP turmoil and scandals raging from the previous 8 administrations, plus the incompetentce of the Barnes administration (expy of Dubya). But his appeal to southerners, midwesterners, and his fellow westerners gives him an even bigger landslide.

Interesting. Any thoughts on what specific offices they hold? I presume they're fairly strong in Maine for starters and probably have a good base in the Rocky Mountain states...

Status
Not open for further replies.